Celtics Considering Iverson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics Considering Iverson

WOW .... selfish player and ego aside, that would be some serious depth in Beantown if they added A.I. to their roster.

Praying it doesn't happen.

The Celtics have discussed the possibility of signing free-agent guard Allen Iverson, but they don't currently plan to pursue him.

"We have had internal discussions about (Iverson)," team president Danny Ainge said, "but a decision like this has to be unanimous, and it wasn't."

In order to sign Iverson, Boston would have to either trade or cut a player. At this point, it hasn't gotten that far.

There are question marks surrounding his cost and if he would be willing to come of the bench for the Celtics.

"Those are all things to be considered, but we never got to the point where we discussed them with Allen or his agent," Ainge added.

The executive added that if the team suffers an injury or a need comes up, Boston could revisit the idea of signing Iverson.
    Source - Click here

Wow, that would be scary if the Celtics could talk Iverson into coming off the bench. Redonk!!

Comment

They've been trying to trade for Nocioni like crazy as well.

Comment

Raps Fan wrote: View Post
        Wow, that would be scary if the Celtics could talk Iverson into coming off the bench. Redonk!!
        I think that if there's a team in this league that could keep A.I.'s ego in check its probably the veteran loaded Celtics. Not to mention Rivers has done a great job managing the egos that already exist in Boston.

Eze wrote: View Post
        They've been trying to trade for Nocioni like crazy as well.
        Nocioni is a more of a long term fix I think for the Celts, but Boston is living in the now like they have over the last couple seasons. Getting Andres makes too much sense.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          I think that if there's a team in this league that could keep A.I.'s ego in check its probably the veteran loaded Celtics. Not to mention Rivers has done a great job managing the egos that already exist in Boston.
          The problem is that AI doesnt want to "win a ring" or play ball. He wants to be a starter on a team and the focal point of the offense...thats all.

I hope the Celtics sign him. It might be the only way to slow them down.
          http://www.raptorman.ca/
          raptorman@rogers.com
          Discounted Raptor Tickets
          *No Service Charges*

Comment

Raptorman wrote: View Post
            The problem is that AI doesnt want to "win a ring" or play ball. He wants to be a starter on a team and the focal point of the offense...thats all.

I hope the Celtics sign him. It might be the only way to slow them down.
            IMO celtics are the only team in the league that can show him otherwise...they know how to deal with egotistical players....remember starbury last season? he kept his mouth shut and played well...

i really think this will help them.....they have had a handful of games this season where they struggled offensively and ivy could really help them IMO

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
              IMO celtics are the only team in the league that can show him otherwise...they know how to deal with egotistical players....remember starbury last season? he kept his mouth shut and played well...
              Sorry, but I disagree. If you watched the games, it was excruciating watching Starbury be Starbury (take awful shots and ignore the smart pass).

Basically the Celts chewed their nails as their leads disappeared and Rondo got enough rest to return.

There is a good reason he is doing live cam shows and not playing anymore.
              raptorman@rogers.com
              *No Service Charges*

Comment

Raptorman wrote: View Post
                Sorry, but I disagree. If you watched the games, it was excruciating watching Starbury be Starbury (take awful shots and ignore the smart pass).

Basically the Celts chewed their nails as their leads disappeared and Rondo got enough rest to return.

There is a good reason he is doing live cam shows and not playing anymore.
                you way off on this one...

Marbury didn't play bad at all last season...especially consedering he hadn't played all season long before getting traded....

if anything, he didnt take enough shots....he looked to pass even if he had a wide open shot....he was too unshelfish....and at times it hurt boston....

so please don't pull stuff out of you ass.....
                Last edited by A00715890; Fri Nov 27, 2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

you way off on this one...

Marbury didn't play bad at all last season...especially consedering he hadn't played all season long before getting traded....

if anything, he didnt take enough shots....he looked to pass even if he had a wide open shot....he was too unshelfish....and at times it hurt boston....

so please don't pull stuff out of you ass.....
                  Much comes out of my butt, but not this. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Marbury try to be a team player and fail. It hastened his exit. I'll agree that he passed up shots that he should have taken, but that was like an dieting fatso driving past a Burger King. It distracted him. There is a good reason why he was open. The other team was baiting him.

Players like Marbury and AI are old news. And they are done killing their teams. Good riddance.
                  raptorman@rogers.com
                  *No Service Charges*

Comment

LMAO ... get ready for one of the fastest coming out of retirement party's you've ever seen. Looks like A.I. might be back fairly soon.

The Philadelphia 76ers have reconsidered their stance about bringing back franchise icon Allen Iverson and plan to devote part of their weekend to weighing the merits of signing him, according to a team source.

But the source said Saturday that Iverson's return is not a certainty and that no face-to-face meetings between Iverson and coach Eddie Jordan have been scheduled.

The source said Iverson is just one of the free-agent guards Philadelphia is considering since losing Lou Williams for eight weeks because of a broken jaw.

Sources with knowledge of the Sixers' thinking initially told ESPN.com on Friday that Philadelphia would not be pursuing Iverson, preferring instead to increase the minutes of rookie guard Jrue Holiday.

But Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Stephen A. Smith, writing for FoxSports.com, quoted a team official early Saturday as saying that Iverson's return was being "seriously considered."
                    Source - Click here

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      LMAO ... get ready for one of the fastest coming out of retirement party's you've ever seen. Looks like A.I. might be back fairly soon.

Source - Click here
                      but what happens when Williams comes back?....this is not gonna end well....its completely gonna stunn his groth (lou willams)....

Comment

but what happens when Williams comes back?....this is not gonna end well....its completely gonna stunn his groth (lou willams)....
                        The Sixers will worry about that in another 2 months if and when Louis is back. Right now, its either sink or swim for the Sixers and if they don't find some type of solution quick then they're going to fall even deeper in the Eastern Conference standings. Iverson may not be the "Answer", but could be a bandaid until they can sort things out.

Comment

why not larry brown and charlotte making a run at him?

Augustin
                          Iverson
                          Wallace
                          SJax
                          Chandler

Lethal starting five.

Comment

Working...
                          X