Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before the Raptors Existed, Who Was Your Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the Raptors Existed, Who Was Your Team?

As the subject states, before our beloved franchise existed, which other NBA team were you a fan of?

I'll start. I was huge Sixers fan mostly because of the "Thump'n Bump" combination of Rick Mahorn and Charles Barkley. Gritty and entertaining watching those two muscle their way around the court.

How about the rest of you?

The Spurs since David Robinson's rookie year. Don't ask me why, I was 11.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The Lakers and I actually considered them my favorite team until they let go of Shaq 2004. It bothered me that a franchise would turn their back on the guy who won them three titles so I decided to cheer for someone else. Also, the Lakers with Shaq in the middle were the first basketball team I ever saw play and win on T.V. (I think it was in 1998 or 1997) and I found it hard to watch them without the diesel in the middle. Seemed like something was missing.
      I always followed the Raptors and the Grizzlies though.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Magic johnson is all i got to say!
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

beforwe i was a raptors fan

l loved the knicks patrick ewing, john starks, charles oakley, spreewell, anthony mason ,allan houston, later on larry johnson they were great to watch,tough and could score. I only wish the raps had half the heart that team had

Comment

Da Bulls!

I was a huge MJ fan, what a team that was.

Once the Raptors became born, I switched sides and I did take a little pleasure watching the Raptors defeating the mighty Bulls in their first season ever.

Comment

I didn't get into basketball until highschool, and my very first favourite team were the Pistons because of Isiah. I've been fans of the Pistons, Bulls, Jazz and Spurs over the years, as well as the Raptors and VANCOUVER Grizzlies when they came into the league. Mostly, though, was a fan of the NBA in general.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but for me it was the Celtics. But then they had class acts like Bird and Parrish - not the egotistical jerks they employ today.

Comment

I started following the NBA the year after MJ came back from his broken foot, so I was all about the Bulls. I also liked the Shaq/Penny Orlando Magic (I followed Shaq when he was at LSU).

Agree with Tim though, I watched pretty much any game that was on.

Comment

The 80's Pistons were my first favourite team. I loved Isiah, Dumars, Dantley, Microwave, Buddha, Spider, Worm, Lambeer, etc. I like blue-collar players and grit. When they "broke-up" I turned to the Sonics with Kemp, Payton, MacMillan, Schemp, Perkins, etc. I also like excitment. Then I turn to the Raps....and have been "mostly" frustrated ever since. But man did I love those good VC teams. Screw Vince. It's been such a great irony that if we had just kept Vince, or shall I say if he had bothered to stick around, the Carter/Bosh combo would have lead us to great heights!

Comment

The 'Come Fly with Me' Bulls, but also the "Chambers, Marjerle & KJ" Phoenix Suns of that era (yes, even with those terrible uniforms.

Would love to lump Barkley into that group but I don't think he played with them.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
                        I hate to admit it, but for me it was the Celtics. But then they had class acts like Bird and Parrish - not the egotistical jerks they employ today.
                        same, although I wasn't even born yet when bird and those guys were in their prime i've done my research and i must admit there will always be a tiny place for the celtics in my heart.

i've always been a fan of utah for some reason not really sure why.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Sonics. Love the Glove. Kemp and Payton, best tandem ever.

Comment

The Warriors back in the run TMC days, with Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin and later with Sprewell (My all time favourite player) and Webber, I switched to the Raptors when I got sick of them dismantling the team.

Comment

GSW like Oz Fan said, and Seattle SuperSonics. How could you not love that UTEP Two Step and The Reign Man, those tomahawk jams were pretty damn dirty. Why wasn't GP in the original NBA Jam? They be fuckin' wit my emotions, MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X