Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B/R: "Surprises That Might Shake Up the NBA Draft"

Anthony Randolph Is Shipped Out Of Golden State
    The team with the most interest as of now is the Minnesota Timberwolves. They have the fourth pick in the draft, while the Warriors hold the sixth. This could be a possible trade before the draft.

Avery Bradley Is Selected No. 10 Overall By The Indiana Pacers
    The Pacers are in desperate need of a point guard, and are showing a lot of interest in 6'2'' Avery Bradley.

Although, in my opinion he isn't a true point guard, the Pacers are willing to take the risk of drafting Bradley with the No. 10 overall pick. It's not a for sure thing, but if the draft was today and the Pacers were on the clock, I'm pretty sure they would draft Avery Bradley.

The Toronto Raptors Waste The No. 13 Selection

The Toronto Raptors have the thirteenth selection in the upcoming draft. You'd think they would take this seriously seeing that their superstar forward Chris Bosh could be departing Toronto.

However, they're bringing in guys like Devin Ebanks of West Virginia, Gani Lawal of Georgia Tech, Samardo Samuels of Louisville, Latavious Williams of the NBA Developmental League and two players that are said to be going undrafted in Tulsa guard Ben Uzoh, and UCLA guard Michael Roll.

Jim Kelly the Raptors Senior director of player personnel said "we consider everybody."

My initial thought was that these are all good prospects if you were selecting in the second round. Either the Raptors can be smart and draft a frontier force with this pick or trade it away, and get some value.

And do not; I repeat, DO NOT draft any of those six players with the thirteenth pick.

The New Orleans Hornets Deal Darren Collison
    With the way Collison played this year, I believe he has high trade value, and the Hornets should trade him to a team that is in need of a point guard.

Tony Parker Used As Trade Bait
    Tony Parker has expressed interest in New York, but the latest rumor has him going to point guard in Indiana.

I don't know about you, but in this weak point guard draft there are a lot of teams that will be looking for point guards outside the draft, and Tony Parker may be one of them. The Spurs have entertained offers before, so I think they’ll do the same again.
    Cavaliers Listen To Offers For Mo Williams and Delonte West
    According to cleveland.com the Cavaliers are interested in trading Mo Williams, and Delonte West.
    OJ Mayo Traded Out Of Memphis?
    the Grizzlies proposed a trade to lure in Golden State's Monta Ellis. The deal was said to include OJ Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet
    trades that didn't happen before the deadline will resurface, and possibly happen
    Source: BleacherReport.com
    The writer is pretty short sighted based on what he said about the Raptors. Never did he consider that those guys were brought in to be assessed in case they land a late 1st round, or second round pick?
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jun 7, 2010, 08:54 AM.

I like that name "Latavious". Reminds me of an old friend named "Lascivious".

I dont know about that Jim Kelly guy. His record in these drafts has been very questionable. But getting a bunch of no names in for workouts is typically done as camo for true intentions or as you stated for later rounds or if non-drafted.

Who would the Spurs like on the Pacer roster in exchange for Parker I wonder.

I like Mayo. He has swagger. I thought he'd be a keeper. I know he likes to hoist them but so does Ellis.

Comment

I'm thinking Troy Murphy, Roy Hibbert, Jeff Forster and the #10 overall pick are all pieces that could help the Spurs. I'm not saying that's the offer but some of those pieces would make sense for both parties. Murphy would take a lot of weight off Duncan's shoulders in the paint. I think Murphy would stop being underrated if he were shipped there.

Comment

I dont know why you guys still read this crap website.
        Bleacher Report is exactly what we do in the forums here, just exchange ideas, but they present it in a way it looks all formal and believable. They rarely backup what they say and its all "from a source".

Its a bunch of highschoolers running a website.

Comment

Well let's all stop reading forums then? This place is about talking ball and sharing ideas. No where in this article do they say this information comes strictly from a league source. In fact he readily says things such as "I believe", "in my opinion", etc. How is that different than most columns you see on CBS Sports, ESPN, SI, Fox Sport, DimeMag or the blogs around the league and here? You can't dis the folks over at Bleacher Report for sharing ideas without dissing us here at Raptors Republic, in the forums or on the main page. We're all expressing ideas. Some are on and some are off. That's my opinion anyway.

Comment

Judging by the strong possibility of Bosh leaving and the uncertainty with hedoesn't care, its very important that the Raptors pick a good pick in this draft.

Comment

My money is on them trading the pick and moving down in the draft. They aren't allowed to trade it without getting a #1 in return. Colangelo loves to use draft picks in off-season trades.

Comment

Well, for his angle he completely ignored all the top 10/15 prospects the Raptors brought in. So good for him.

Who knows, the headline he chose could end up being correct after all.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  I like that name "Latavious". Reminds me of an old friend named "Lascivious".

I dont know about that Jim Kelly guy. His record in these drafts has been very questionable. But getting a bunch of no names in for workouts is typically done as camo for true intentions or as you stated for later rounds or if non-drafted.

Who would the Spurs like on the Pacer roster in exchange for Parker I wonder.

I like Mayo. He has swagger. I thought he'd be a keeper. I know he likes to hoist them but so does Ellis.
                  wait, wait, wait you had a friend name lasivcious and that was his real name? reminds of this band i went to see and the guitarists name was hammer. yes, his real name legally was Hammer.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                  X