X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case for Paul George

This guy is really starting to impress me:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...nterview-3495/

I think he would be a great fit for the Raptors, especially if Hedo is on his way out. He sort of reminds me of a poor-man's Kevin Durant. We've been lacking athletic wing players since forever, and just 'cause we got DeRozan/Weems last season doesn't mean we should stop there.

If we resign Amir we already have one big man project to work on (and you could peg Bargs on there too), so we should draft a SF rather than sign one in Free Agency.

George is probably an inferior version of this guy whose game and body type he has a lot similarities to

2008-09

2009-10

Is that a bad thing? Daye didn't produce much for the lousy Pistons this season and I would expect George in 2010-11 to perform about the same or worse. Just my opinion.

However, having said that. Daye did have his moments and does still have a very nice upside potential over the next few years.

George would probably be in the same boat. My guess is that he is even more of a project than DeRozan with a less upside potential.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jun 7, 2010, 11:46 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I was wondering when someone was going to bring him up. I like him, but I have a feeling New Orleans will take him. There biggest need is SF and he's just the type of player they need.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Do the Raptors even have him booked for a workout?

Comment

Impressive offensive look. Speaks really well. Noticed these promo videos never show defensive skills (other than a big swatting a ball away)...and then the interviewer brought up the D word. Apparently there is a question about his commitment to it (what else is new). That is an "oops" moment for me, We very much need players at least with the d mindset. But looks great as SG at 6'8" and could be a 3.

Comment

George needs to follow what Daye is doing this summer

Austin Daye: Conditioning Hard This Offseason

Update: Daye is going through an intense training regimen in Las Vegas this offseason to prepare for his sophomore campaign, the Detroit News reports.

Recommendation: The training includes standard basketball drills and much needed weight training for the frail forward. Daye showed flashes of his potential in his rookie season, but his playing time was too limited to become a factor in fantasy. If he can improve his defense and lack of strength this summer, Daye could be in line for an increased role with the Pistons during the 2010-11 season.
            http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yeonditioninga

Daye averaged 5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 13mpg. This would be about what I would project George at in 2010-11 unless he gets with a team that can force feed him a lot of minutes

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4620
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Daye is like a poor man's Amir, George is a poor man's Daye.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

We cannot pass up on this guy, BC!

Paul George will be a top 3 player from this draft, looking back 5 years from now.

If he is there at #13, we cannot pass him by.

He is ridiculous!

He is a long SF, who can shoot and handle.

Sooooo smooth, this guy. He can shoot the lights out.

He is also an above average defender.

Daye is a PF tweener.

There is no comparison whatsoever between the two.

To be a great team, your best players must be your 2 and 3.

We need a Jordan-ish/Pippen-ish. (please note the "ish" before you flame me).

George would be the perfect 3, though he seems to think he is best suited to the 2 at this point.

He will learn.

Having George, DeRozan and Weems rotating between the 2 and 3 would be great for this franchise.

This is our man.

Make no mistake.

BC does need to get a second 1st rounder.

Hopefully we can get a big (Sanders?) later in the 1st.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  George is probably an inferior version of this guy whose game and body type he has a lot similarities to

2008-09

2009-10

Is that a bad thing? Daye didn't produce much for the lousy Pistons this season and I would George in 2010-11 to perform about the same or worse. Just my opinion.

However, having said that. Daye did have his moments and does still have a very nice upside potential over the next few years.

George would probably be in the same boat. My guess is that he is even more of a project than DeRozan with a less upside potential.
                  I never liked Daye at all. I thought he was too skinny and really lacking a true position. I don't feel that way about George. George, I think is more a true small forward who can do a much better job guarding out on the perimeter.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah I'm not feeling the George-Daye comparison either. And while I don't share EarthJuice's optimism (Top 3 after 5 years in a draft with Wall, Turner, and Favours is a bit much), I do think PJ will be a special player in a few years time. I also think we'll see a quicker return on our investment with PJ then any other player that may be available at #13.

Comment

You guys may be correct that it is not the best comparison

My bad.

Comment

Yeah Daye is not a good comparison at all

Hes shorter but hes bigger and stronger than Daye
                        I personally love George and i would be estatic if we get a later pick and grab him there

Comment

yes finally i really like georges game and think he would be a great fit for this team unfortunaely he played for a small school against horrible competition but contrary to what people are saying he gets after it defensively has long arms and gets on the floor after the ball.
                          He shoots too much tho which is why he wants to play sg so he can jack up threes all day unfortunately he has worse handles than derozan. The only thing im worried about is he cares a lot more about offense than defence even tho he has the tools to be a great defender. He runs the transition game crazy and with derozan, johnson, and weems already on this team we could run teams out of the gym. I would compare him more to a danny granger type player but granger came out of college a lot more ready to make an impact.
                          Also, that austin daye thing is way off imo, daye has a body that does not merit him playing PF whereas george at 6'9 215 wont get bullied at Sf. Drafting george and signing outlaw would shore up our sf position and sg is already shored up with derozan and weems johnson and bosh at pf. calderon, turk and bargs (dreamin i know) for as many picks to shore up pg and center and well be an exciting team next year.

Comment

Anyone would like to ask him or Udoh a question? Now may be your chance

Tweet/email (info@therookiewall.com) us your questions for upcoming interviews with lottery prospects: Ekpe Udoh and Paul George 3 minutes ago via web
                            http://twitter.com/TheRookieWall

Comment

The best comparison I have heard for Paul George is Dorell Wright.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X