Pacers Trying to Deal #10 Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers Trying to Deal #10 Pick

As far as the Indiana Pacers go, I've been told that the number ten pick will be moved. In fact, the team was telling prospects that there's no way they keep the pick during interviews at the Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago. With that said, I'm not sure which teams the Pacers have talked to or how close they are to dealing the pick. I'm hearing that they were very interested in Patrick Patterson but they don't feel he'll be on the board by the time they're up to pick at ten so they feel that moving the pick is the best move for their franchise.
    Source: First question of this chat: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?c...&status=Active

I don't know what's more shocking, that the Pacers are trading their pick or that they think Patrick Patterson won't be available at the #10 spot. Anything we can offer that they want?

I don't really find either shocking. I trust the Pacers sources over the guys who make these mock drafts. The Pacers may be interested in an Amir Johnson S&T or DeRozan. Then you have Jose Calderon. They're looking for a PG to start in front of TJ, right? He has experience already with that. Win/win.

One thing they certainly won't want are expiring contracts.

Comment

I think sending Jose for the #10 pick is a good idea. They have Dahntay Jones to cover his man anyways.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        I think sending Jose for the #10 pick is a good idea. They have Dahntay Jones to cover his man anyways.
        So you think you can get a #10 draft pick and also unload Jose's contract while getting nothing back ??

That is next to impossible.

Comment

Get er' done BC!

Comment

I think Calderon is the pass first PG that Granger and Larry Bird want. I mean what are their other options Collison, Parker, Sessions, Williams? pshhh....scrubbs.

Calderon is clearly the best available PG, who else can pass great ally-oops? Who has the record for consecutive perfect free throws? Who else has an uncanny resemblance to an orange pilon? Calderon that's who! He is Indiana's man.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I don't really find either shocking. I trust the Pacers sources over the guys who make these mock drafts. The Pacers may be interested in an Amir Johnson S&T or DeRozan. Then you have Jose Calderon. They're looking for a PG to start in front of TJ, right? He has experience already with that. Win/win.

One thing they certainly won't want are expiring contracts.
              No way I'd trade Amir or DeRozan for anyone likely available at 10.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think they'll take Jose but they'll want to send a bad contract Back with it. I could see Tinsley or, God forbid, TJ Ford being sent back with the pick. If BC can get that, I say take it. Two fairly high picks would go a long way to bettering this franchises future.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Also, Why would you trade DeRozen for whoever is at 10? Demar is probably a better prospect right now than almost anyone in this draft class outside the top five.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I think Calderon is the pass first PG that Granger and Larry Bird want. I mean what are their other options Collison, Parker, Sessions, Williams? pshhh....scrubbs.
                    Three of those PGs are better than Calderon...

Calderon is clearly the best available PG, who else can pass great ally-oops? Who has the record for consecutive perfect free throws? Who else has an uncanny resemblance to an orange pilon? Calderon that's who! He is Indiana's man.
                    Actually big knock on Calderon last season (other than the whole defense thing), at least at the beginning, was his inability to throw a good alley-oop lob. And he doesn't actually have the free throw record, though he does have the FT% record, which really doesn't mean much considering how little he got to the line last season.

Calderon's a nice guy, I wouldn't wish it on him to have to pretend to like TJ Ford for another couple seasons.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      No way I'd trade Amir or DeRozan for anyone likely available at 10.
                      I would trade Amir for a player like Greg Monroe or Ed Davis.

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      I think they'll take Jose but they'll want to send a bad contract Back with it. I could see Tinsley or, God forbid, TJ Ford being sent back with the pick. If BC can get that, I say take it. Two fairly high picks would go a long way to bettering this franchises future.
                      Any overpriced contracts the Pacers would be sending back are expiring contracts.

Comment

"Any overpriced contracts the Pacers would be sending back are expiring contracts."

Thanks Apollo, I realized that after I posted.

-Churchill

Comment

Tinsley is no longer in Indy. He wasin Memphis at the end of last year
                          hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

Yah, last time I use Hoops Hype as a source.

-Churchill

Comment

I don't think the Raptors have anything the Pacers want.

Indiana is clinging tightly to their cap flexibility heading into next summer and feel it's their best opportunity to build their basketball team. I doubt they would be interested on taking on one of the Raptors large contracts (Jose, Hedo, Bargs) and Toronto don't have a lot to offer outside of them (Indy already rejected Jack + I doubt DeRozan is Bird's type of player since Larry normally goes with more polished/advanced youngsters rather than raw players).
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X