Hedo To Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo To Miami

Miami is looking to make a big splash this free agency. They've also pretty much given up on Beasley. Miami's second-most pressing need (the first being a low-post threat) is a ball handler.

Miami Trades: Beasley, James Jones
    Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu

A swapping of our 2010 first round picks may also be an option (that's a 13 for 18 swap, moving us out of the lottery), but may not be necessary. The move gives them another player who can create their own shot and take some of the offensive load from Dwayne Wade. It also gives the Heat two "closers" for a double-threat that they could use to their advantage. Finally, the Heat hav still have room for a max FA after this trade. They could potentially get something like Felton-Wade-Hedo-Boozer-(Centre).

For the Raptors, we unload Hedo Turkoglu and get two guys on rookie scale contracts to develop. Beasley may not be the best young prospect to bring in, but he's still a developing player and a change in scenery might be best for him.

i think all the hedo trade threads should be combined into the how to unload turkoglu thread.

i don't know beasley isn't enticing enough for me to want to take james jones too.

if we did it i would definitely want james bought-out.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It would be a salary dump and getting our pick back, would be gravy.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        i think all the hedo trade threads should be combined into the how to unload turkoglu thread.

i don't know beasley isn't enticing enough for me to want to take james jones too.

if we did it i would definitely want james bought-out.
        Each of James' years are team options. You don't have to buy anyone out.

Comment

The only benefit I see here would be losing Hedo.

Beasley = FAIL
          Swapping draft picks = FAIL
          James Jones = Who???

If BC even considers this deal without getting anything back in value, let alone the draft pick Riley swindled him out of in the Marion deal, he should be burned at the stake.

We need players that play defense, not deadwood!!!

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post
            The only benefit I see here would be losing Hedo.

Beasley = FAIL
            Swapping draft picks = FAIL
            James Jones = Who???

If BC even considers this deal without getting anything back in value, let alone the draft pick Riley swindled him out of in the Marion deal, he should be burned at the stake.

If Heat gives you that offer, take it and Run with it. You will not get anything in this Market for Hedo, given his contract.

James Jone will be released, there is not much difference between 13 and 18 in this draft and Beasly's contract is much ligher, shorter than Hedo.

Comment

I'd pull the trigger on this one IMMEDIATELY. This team needs to do any and everything to rid themselves of Hedo. I do agree that BC needs to get closer to equal value in a trade. Personally I think that Beasley is better than anything else we can get at this moment for Hedo.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post

I agree with that last point, however am always puzzled why many who believe that BC got "swindled" by Riley in the Marion deal. Maybe they forget that Miami took on an extra year of a 22 mill. (approx) ONeal contract. I dont think a protected first rounder (possibily into the future) is a exhorbitant price to pay for 22 mill in savings less the Banks contract. If I am not mistaken BC got 3 mill. in cash as well on the deal. The negative in the deal was the Banks-Moon swap (Moon was cheap and expiring at the time). Was it the best deal in the world..no, but "swindled"? Both teams got what they wanted at the time with BC probably believing that pick would be in the 20s.

Comment

Can we not trade for Beasley? I really don't like him. I would rather trade for James Jones and their pick first rounder.

The reason people feel BC got swindled is JO's contract coming off the books this year gives miami tremendous cap space for this year free agent extravaganza. We could have been the ones trying to lure 2 max free agents.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

New york's having a tough time luring 2 max FA with Galinari and the madison square garden. What the hell leverage would we have used? Snow and a centre who can't rebound? Cap space is of little value to a Toronto basketball team.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      Can we not trade for Beasley? I really don't like him. I would rather trade for James Jones and their pick first rounder.

The reason people feel BC got swindled is JO's contract coming off the books this year gives miami tremendous cap space for this year free agent extravaganza. We could have been the ones trying to lure 2 max free agents.
                      I'm not sure how making another team pay an extra $20 million for a year is swindling them. They would have been in a similar position had they not done the trade last summer, but they would have had less salary this past season.

And Miami doesn't have enough money available to lure to max free agents (besides Wade). Only one plus a $10 million player.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X