• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Heat Unveils 'Contract' Billboard Near Dwyane Wade's Home

Miami Heat unveils 'contract' billboard near Dwyane Wade's home
    BY MICHAEL WALLACE
    mwallace@MiamiHerald.com

Hoping to re-sign Dwyane Wade when he enters free agency next month, the Miami Heat has already extended the star guard a contract offer -- for all of South Florida to see.

The Heat literally took its "We Want Wade'' recruiting campaign to new heights Monday when the team unveiled a billboard designed as a contract near Wade's neighborhood.

Wade plans to opt out of his contract by June 30 to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, when he is expected to be one of the most sought-after players in a market likely to include LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/0...billboard.html

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

i'm getting tired of all this free agency hoopla, this circus needs to stop.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      i'm getting tired of all this free agency hoopla, this circus needs to stop.
      Agreed... this is just getting ridiculous, im pretty sure wasting money on a billboard isnt going to change anyones mind

Comment

I like this one, it's local and low key. The only hoopla will come from every blog/forums picking up on the story.

And it's good publicity for the franchise as well. It doesn't hurt that all indiciations have Wade staying in Miami.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I have a feeling that billboard will be spray painted in the near future. Stay tuned!
          "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
            I have a feeling that billboard will be spray painted in the near future. Stay tuned!

Wade should spray paint his signature when he re-signs... at night-time when no one is around...
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

i thought they actually put like an offer up there reading that article.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
              X