Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Waiver Wire

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Waiver Wire

    Shaun Livingston anybody? The guys contract is over, he made 2.3 Million last year. I think he would be an excellent addition. He is a 6-7 point guard! and his stats arent half bad.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=2393

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He would be a fourth guard. Good chance the Clippers who now have only one PG under contract might pick him back up and he can return there. The Clipper fans sure hope so.

    He was my favorite Clippers player and actually my favorite NBA player, believe it or not. LOL, before he blew out his knee.



    This was truly one of my saddest days ever as a NBA fan. It was awful. You can probably still find the video somewhere on the Net if you look for it.

    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    He would be a fourth guard. Good chance the Clippers who now have only one PG under contract might pick him back up and he can return there. The Clipper fans sure hope so.

    He was my favorite Clippers player and actually my favorite NBA player, believe it or not. LOL, before he blew out his knee.



    This was truly one of my saddest days ever as a NBA fan. It was awful. You can probably still find the video somewhere on the Net if you look for it.

    At least you don't hop on bandwagons as far as your favourite players go, man!

    I'd give him a shot though even if it didn't go anywhere for us. He's still young enough...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DAMN!! That looks PAINFUL!! Now why on earth do we have to worry about LA Clippers. Its a Dog eat Dog world, lets put some emphasis on bringing him up North. IMO he would be a second off of the bench. I'd take a gamble, his versatility is interesting. The only drawback i see is his career 3pt shooting (.188) Hope Eric Hughes would be up for a challenge :P lol!

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    At least you don't hop on bandwagons as far as your favourite players go, man!

    I'd give him a shot though even if it didn't go anywhere for us. He's still young enough...
    Actually my favorite list not in any particular order is.

    1. Johnson - From his Pistons days
    2. Love - from his days at UCLA
    3. Livingston - from his days with the Clippers
    4. Westbrook - from his days at UCLA
    5. D. Blair - from his days at Pitt
    6. K. Durant - Never liked him until I 2008-09 season at OC.
    7. B. Griffin - From Watching him on "Blakes Takes" this past season.
    8. Austin Rivers - Doc Rivers son.
    9. Dwayne Polee - Westchester High Los Angeles, St. Johns freshman in 2010-11
    10. DeRozan - From watching him in the McDonalds all-American game - pre USC days.

    Demar Derozan Takes McDonald's Dunk Contest Title. - Video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pRGj4xbHc
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  6. #6
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Been rooting for him since he messed himself up. He will find a home, just not sure if Toronto needs him at $2.3M/yr when they already have two PGs. I'd hate for them to spend part of their MLE on redundancy.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Been rooting for him since he messed himself up. He will find a home, just not sure if Toronto needs him at $2.3M/yr when they already have two PGs. I'd hate for them to spend part of their MLE on redundancy.
    You are correct my friend. Hopefully he returns to the Clippers where I can watch all his games etc.

    Livingston to Griffin for a few or more alley-oops would be sweet.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just saying if they move one of the PG's right now we can get something usefull in return. Maybe we can get a 3-4- or 5 for equal or slightly lesser/more value. I know most teams do not trade down in size but at least our point guards have proven themselves and it would make sense to several teams. Livingston would give us a very affordable PG. More money to Resign Amir Johnson, and extend Sonny's contract.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Actually my favorite list not in any particular order is.

    1. Johnson - From his Pistons days
    2. Love - from his days at UCLA
    3. Livingston - from his days with the Clippers
    4. Westbrook - from his days at UCLA
    5. D. Blair - from his days at Pitt
    6. K. Durant - Never liked him until I 2008-09 season at OC.
    7. B. Griffin - From Watching him on "Blakes Takes" this past season.
    8. Austin Rivers - Doc Rivers son.
    9. Dwayne Polee - Westchester High Los Angeles, St. Johns freshman in 2010-11
    10. DeRozan - From watching him in the McDonalds all-American game - pre USC days.

    Demar Derozan Takes McDonald's Dunk Contest Title. - Video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pRGj4xbHc
    Interesting list, very West Coast/L.A.!

    I wonder if anyone in Minny is flipping out about K Love being at the game yesterday likethey do here in the Dot about CB4??
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Interesting list, very West Coast/L.A.!

    I wonder if anyone in Minny is flipping out about K Love being at the game yesterday likethey do here in the Dot about CB4??
    Of course it has a West Coast/LA bias. That has been my home for the last 40+ years.

    If you look at the photo and see the tall building. I lived about 5 short blocks behind it for about 15 years. Leaving there was the dumbest thing that I have every done. I doubt that I could afford to move back there but one never knows.

    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So which part of that created the Raptors fan inside you?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    You are correct my friend. Hopefully he returns to the Clippers where I can watch all his games etc.

    Livingston to Griffin for a few or more alley-oops would be sweet.
    Buddahfan, I'm shock. You've never struck me as such a horrible person before. Why on earth would you want Livingston to be a CLippers again so he can have another devastating injury? Have you know sympathy for the guy???

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Buddahfan, I'm shock. You've never struck me as such a horrible person before. Why on earth would you want Livingston to be a CLippers again so he can have another devastating injury? Have you know sympathy for the guy???
    That's too funny - LOL

    Actually there were two earthquakes in Los Angeles today that a lot of people felt, though for some reason I didn't and Blake Griffin tweeted that he does not to go through any more. You can see his tweet @blakegriffin

    Maybe BC should call Griffin's agent and see if he will entertain the idea of talking to the Clippers about a Bosh for Griffin trade.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bosh for Griffen. That trade would be sweet! Not likely to happen but i'd do it if theyre was any chance.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    So which part of that created the Raptors fan inside you?
    HAHAHA i like how you completely ignored that. Yeah seriously, why are you a Raptors fan when your on the complete opposite spectrum. Not to mention you have 2 teams in your city. What's up with that? Not trying to deter our American Fans either, we do appreciate you!

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    So which part of that created the Raptors fan inside you?
    I explained that already when I first came on the forum but since you asked.

    I am a fan of Johnson and DeRozan because they are from So. CA.

    I also spent a good deal of time in Toronto when I was in college so I like the city though I am sure it has changed somewhat since back then.

    So technically I am not what one would call a Raptors fan.

    I am a Clippers fan and sort of a Lakers fan. I used to be more of a Lakers fan when Magic played for them and Chick Hearn did the simulcast. Hearn was the best ever when it came to announcing basketball. He was total entertainment and is actually credited with teaching the game to hundreds of thousands if not millions over two generations behind the microphone. In fact he has a plaque outside of Staples and a Lakers jersey with his name and a picture of a microphone on it hanging from the rafters in Staples along with Magic, Kareem, West, Baylor etc.

    I am also a Bruins fan because one of my degrees is from UCLA.

    Bottom line is that I am a So CA. Guy who likes basketball and tends to root for certain players that play or played basketball in So CA at either the high school, college or pro-level or any combination of the three.

    Also like I said I like Toronto. In fact when i got my Masters from SUNY at Buffalo I was thinking of becoming an expatriate Yank and moving to Toronto. I had cousins aunts and uncles living in Ontario back then. However, I moved to So. CA instead because my mother had moved here. I have lived here ever since except for short periods of living outside of North America.

    So there you have it.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well that makes sense! lol!!

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Maybe BC should call Griffin's agent and see if he will entertain the idea of talking to the Clippers about a Bosh for Griffin trade.
    I don't hate Bosh that much, even if he leaves. Turkoglu, on the other hand....

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Actually, is there anyway to swap Turkoglu for Carter and then send Carter to the Clippers? The chance of Vince hurting himself every single game would pretty much be even money.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •