Thread: Johnson Goes Shirtless At The HAX

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnson Goes Shirtless At The HAX

Johnson and DeRozan at the HAX

He still needs more bulk and definition up top but he is getting there.

Anyone know who that third guy is? The one that DeRozan said is coming to Toronto?

http://www.youtube.com/user/amirtv#p/a/u/0/Ct4QHkmmBu0
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Basketball is a game of explosiveness. The amount of definition a guy needs is sort of unimportant, it's more how he is training and so on. Amir looks like he hasn't put on that much weight which is what he's going to have to do to become a legitimate power forward. He is going to have the same problem Bosh had with adding mass because they are so skinny and he is going to have to get a lot of work in with some power lifting to get strong enough to compete against some of the guys at the four and five.
    Does anyone else find it strange that the Raptors don't see each other during the offseason? Maybe I'm not thinking right, but if I was paying someone several million dollars a year I would expect them to be working out with their team mates all summer. Maybe you can't have full practices because the roster isn't decided, but you can at least having them lifting together to build chemistry and playing two man games.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Basketball is a game of explosiveness. The amount of definition a guy needs is sort of unimportant, it's more how he is training and so on. Amir looks like he hasn't put on that much weight which is what he's going to have to do to become a legitimate power forward. He is going to have the same problem Bosh had with adding mass because they are so skinny and he is going to have to get a lot of work in with some power lifting to get strong enough to compete against some of the guys at the four and five.
    Does anyone else find it strange that the Raptors don't see each other during the offseason? Maybe I'm not thinking right, but if I was paying someone several million dollars a year I would expect them to be working out with their team mates all summer. Maybe you can't have full practices because the roster isn't decided, but you can at least having them lifting together to build chemistry and playing two man games.
    Actually the strength comes from "the core muscles" and in particular those from the waist down. That and knowing how to position oneself to take advantage of that strength.

Johnson is already a legitimate NBA PF. Sorry you don't realize it. You will soon enough
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

dont know about johnson being a legit pf id say hes not a starter yet and 69 210 is a little skinny playing against most pfs that are 230 or 240 but i guess he makes up for it in speed and conditioning getting up and down the court

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Actually the strength comes from "the core muscles" and in particular those from the waist down. That and knowing how to position oneself to take advantage of that strength.

Johnson is already a legitimate NBA PF. Sorry you don't realize it. You will soon enough
    I never said Strength didn't come from the core, just that he needed to put on weight, which you need for leverage and to get into position. Also, Powerlifting as a sport focuses primarily on the legs and core, which is why I mentioned it. It would be a very useful thing for a basketball player looking to get stronger to get involved in. Olympic style lifts would help alot too.

Starting power forwards do this thing called starting , and until Johnson puts some weight on and/or gets a good jump shot he will not be a starter on any team but a desperate one. I agree with you that he is a good player and I think he is very close but right now the Tim Duncan's of the league would murder him in the post. I think if he can get up to 230 or 240 like fromTOtoVAN suggested he can become a very very good player, perhaps an all star. He reminds me a lot of Josh Smith in the way he plays and that's sort of the kind of player I'm hoping for.

To clarify I am taking legitimate to mean starter.
    Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Lack of Clarity
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, I think what you see is what ya might get with him. He's not big boned like Dwight or Baby Davis, but he's still effective. Do I think he'll be an elite PF, I dunno. But with some of the rookies (in the draft) and sophmore players in his position, currently, he's not too bad. He's proven what he can do, this year, when given quality minutes. Can he be a starter? I think he can be, IN TIME.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: “Johnson poses topless at the HAX”

ya know, I’m not a homophobe and no offense intended, but ... this whole obsession with Johnson’s physicality is starting to creep me out a bit. Just saying.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ ws511....word up!!!
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you find it strange that when you're on vacation your boss doesn't insist that you get together with your co-workers and take work-related courses together all summer to build chemistry in the office???

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
    dont know about johnson being a legit pf id say hes not a starter yet and 69 210 is a little skinny playing against most pfs that are 230 or 240 but i guess he makes up for it in speed and conditioning getting up and down the court
    Actually he was listed at 6-9 straight out of high school with the Pistons, but apparently he's grown to 6-11 since then.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Girls pose topless

Guys just go shirtless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptomist wrote: View Post
    Don't you find it strange that when you're on vacation your boss doesn't insist that you get together with your co-workers and take work-related courses together all summer to build chemistry in the office???
    My vacation lasts a week or two, not 4 months. I also don't make anywhere near what a scrub in the NBA makes annually. I understand they need time off like every body else, and that they need this time to be with their families after a long season of traveling, but I think the amount of time they get is excessive. I think the team would come in much stronger if they continued to practice while the playoffs were happening. But I may be overly demanding.
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

My vacation lasts a week or two, not 4 months. I also don't make anywhere near what a scrub in the NBA makes annually. I understand they need time off like every body else, and that they need this time to be with their families after a long season of traveling, but I think the amount of time they get is excessive. I think the team would come in much stronger if they continued to practice while the playoffs were happening. But I may be overly demanding.
    It's not overly demanding, I completely agree with you. For example Sonny Weems makes nearly $800,000 for 8 months of work. Most people might make $60,000 per year, and they work the full year minus maybe 2-3 weeks. Now, players usually put in some work in the off season, but there's no requirements. Mo Pete showed up to training camp out of shape a number of times. Shaq does it every year.

Some players spend countless hours in the gym though (Bosh, Kobe, etc), honing their craft. If they're going to be doing that, fine. But if they're not at least putting in some work, then I don't feel they're living up to their contract.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Girls pose topless

Guys just go shirtless.
    Edited the title. Look better?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ws511 wrote: View Post
    Re: “Johnson poses topless at the HAX”

ya know, I’m not a homophobe and no offense intended, but ... this whole obsession with Johnson’s physicality is starting to creep me out a bit. Just saying.
    Oh I wouldnt worry about the man-love too much ws511. Its just everyone wishing they could strut around showing off the 6pack Amir was displaying....instead of the michelin.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Oh I wouldnt worry about the man-love too much ws511. Its just everyone wishing they could strut around showing off the 6pack Amir was displaying....instead of the michelin.
    Naa, no worries, Bendit. Thought about writing it (what I wrote) and I laughed. So ... I wrote it. Now that the heading’s changed, joke’s sort of over. Sort of. (Lol.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptomist wrote: View Post
    to the other guys defence are the guys at the office being payed millions of dollars?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information