X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Goes Shirtless At The HAX

Johnson and DeRozan at the HAX

He still needs more bulk and definition up top but he is getting there.

Anyone know who that third guy is? The one that DeRozan said is coming to Toronto?

http://www.youtube.com/user/amirtv#p/a/u/0/Ct4QHkmmBu0
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Basketball is a game of explosiveness. The amount of definition a guy needs is sort of unimportant, it's more how he is training and so on. Amir looks like he hasn't put on that much weight which is what he's going to have to do to become a legitimate power forward. He is going to have the same problem Bosh had with adding mass because they are so skinny and he is going to have to get a lot of work in with some power lifting to get strong enough to compete against some of the guys at the four and five.
    Does anyone else find it strange that the Raptors don't see each other during the offseason? Maybe I'm not thinking right, but if I was paying someone several million dollars a year I would expect them to be working out with their team mates all summer. Maybe you can't have full practices because the roster isn't decided, but you can at least having them lifting together to build chemistry and playing two man games.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      Basketball is a game of explosiveness. The amount of definition a guy needs is sort of unimportant, it's more how he is training and so on. Amir looks like he hasn't put on that much weight which is what he's going to have to do to become a legitimate power forward. He is going to have the same problem Bosh had with adding mass because they are so skinny and he is going to have to get a lot of work in with some power lifting to get strong enough to compete against some of the guys at the four and five.
      Does anyone else find it strange that the Raptors don't see each other during the offseason? Maybe I'm not thinking right, but if I was paying someone several million dollars a year I would expect them to be working out with their team mates all summer. Maybe you can't have full practices because the roster isn't decided, but you can at least having them lifting together to build chemistry and playing two man games.
      Actually the strength comes from "the core muscles" and in particular those from the waist down. That and knowing how to position oneself to take advantage of that strength.

Johnson is already a legitimate NBA PF. Sorry you don't realize it. You will soon enough
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

dont know about johnson being a legit pf id say hes not a starter yet and 69 210 is a little skinny playing against most pfs that are 230 or 240 but i guess he makes up for it in speed and conditioning getting up and down the court

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Actually the strength comes from "the core muscles" and in particular those from the waist down. That and knowing how to position oneself to take advantage of that strength.

Johnson is already a legitimate NBA PF. Sorry you don't realize it. You will soon enough
          I never said Strength didn't come from the core, just that he needed to put on weight, which you need for leverage and to get into position. Also, Powerlifting as a sport focuses primarily on the legs and core, which is why I mentioned it. It would be a very useful thing for a basketball player looking to get stronger to get involved in. Olympic style lifts would help alot too.

Starting power forwards do this thing called starting , and until Johnson puts some weight on and/or gets a good jump shot he will not be a starter on any team but a desperate one. I agree with you that he is a good player and I think he is very close but right now the Tim Duncan's of the league would murder him in the post. I think if he can get up to 230 or 240 like fromTOtoVAN suggested he can become a very very good player, perhaps an all star. He reminds me a lot of Josh Smith in the way he plays and that's sort of the kind of player I'm hoping for.

To clarify I am taking legitimate to mean starter.
          Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Jun 7, 2010, 09:07 PM. Reason: Lack of Clarity
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

In my opinion, I think what you see is what ya might get with him. He's not big boned like Dwight or Baby Davis, but he's still effective. Do I think he'll be an elite PF, I dunno. But with some of the rookies (in the draft) and sophmore players in his position, currently, he's not too bad. He's proven what he can do, this year, when given quality minutes. Can he be a starter? I think he can be, IN TIME.
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Re: “Johnson poses topless at the HAX”

ya know, I’m not a homophobe and no offense intended, but ... this whole obsession with Johnson’s physicality is starting to creep me out a bit. Just saying.

Comment

LOL @ ws511....word up!!!
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Don't you find it strange that when you're on vacation your boss doesn't insist that you get together with your co-workers and take work-related courses together all summer to build chemistry in the office???

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
                    dont know about johnson being a legit pf id say hes not a starter yet and 69 210 is a little skinny playing against most pfs that are 230 or 240 but i guess he makes up for it in speed and conditioning getting up and down the court
                    Actually he was listed at 6-9 straight out of high school with the Pistons, but apparently he's grown to 6-11 since then.

Comment

Girls pose topless

Guys just go shirtless.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
                        Don't you find it strange that when you're on vacation your boss doesn't insist that you get together with your co-workers and take work-related courses together all summer to build chemistry in the office???
                        My vacation lasts a week or two, not 4 months. I also don't make anywhere near what a scrub in the NBA makes annually. I understand they need time off like every body else, and that they need this time to be with their families after a long season of traveling, but I think the amount of time they get is excessive. I think the team would come in much stronger if they continued to practice while the playoffs were happening. But I may be overly demanding.

-Churchill

Comment

My vacation lasts a week or two, not 4 months. I also don't make anywhere near what a scrub in the NBA makes annually. I understand they need time off like every body else, and that they need this time to be with their families after a long season of traveling, but I think the amount of time they get is excessive. I think the team would come in much stronger if they continued to practice while the playoffs were happening. But I may be overly demanding.
                          It's not overly demanding, I completely agree with you. For example Sonny Weems makes nearly $800,000 for 8 months of work. Most people might make $60,000 per year, and they work the full year minus maybe 2-3 weeks. Now, players usually put in some work in the off season, but there's no requirements. Mo Pete showed up to training camp out of shape a number of times. Shaq does it every year.

Some players spend countless hours in the gym though (Bosh, Kobe, etc), honing their craft. If they're going to be doing that, fine. But if they're not at least putting in some work, then I don't feel they're living up to their contract.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Girls pose topless

Guys just go shirtless.
                            Edited the title. Look better?

Comment

ws511 wrote: View Post
                              Re: “Johnson poses topless at the HAX”

ya know, I’m not a homophobe and no offense intended, but ... this whole obsession with Johnson’s physicality is starting to creep me out a bit. Just saying.
                              Oh I wouldnt worry about the man-love too much ws511. Its just everyone wishing they could strut around showing off the 6pack Amir was displaying....instead of the michelin.

Comment

Working...
                              X