Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hedo Wants To Return To the Kings

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hedo Wants To Return To the Kings

Sources: Turkoglu longs for return to Kings

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 6 minutes ago

Already public with his desire to be traded, disgruntled Toronto Raptors forward Hedo Turkoglu(notes) has privately expressed to league friends a desire to return to the Sacramento Kings, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo brought him to Toronto with a five-year, $53 million contract last summer, Turkoglu had a tumultuous season and recently told Turkish television – and apparently the organization – that he no longer wants to play for the franchise.

The Kings and Raptors have yet to engage in trade discussions, sources say, but communication is a likely possibility before the end of the month. There won’t be much of a market for the declining veteran, but there are scenarios where he could make sense for the Kings.

The Kings need a small forward with an ability to put the ball on the floor and general manager Geoff Petrie drafted Turkoglu and shepherded his development into one of the NBA’s more versatile players. League executives believe Sacramento would need Toronto to minimally take forward Andres Nocioni(notes) and the two years, $13.5 million left on his contract.

The Kings seem inclined to get better in the short term with some veteran additions, and they’d have to evaluate how much more Turkoglu could give them over the next two or three seasons.
    cont on link

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...uraptors060810

This would be great if BC could manage to get Casspi from the Kings.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 8th, 2010 at 10:48 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kings aren't letting go of Casspi, I very much doubt it. Kings are under the cap so can absorb some salary, though I'm not sure what else of our "assets" they would want. Taking back Nocioni would be fine for us (only 2 years 13 million, and he brings some grit), and the Kings seem to be very willing to move him after his apparent disgruntlement last season.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casspi would be a pipe dream, but Nocioni is certainly the more realistic option which I'd also support.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Kings aren't letting go of Casspi, I very much doubt it. Kings are under the cap so can absorb some salary, though I'm not sure what else of our "assets" they would want. Taking back Nocioni would be fine for us (only 2 years 13 million, and he brings some grit), and the Kings seem to be very willing to move him after his apparent disgruntlement last season.
    Nocioni sucks. I would rather have the Raptors keep Turk or buy him out then trade him for Nocioni even with the small TPE.

U are probably correct about the Kings not letting Casspi go however Weems is better than Nocioni. If the Raptors got a TPE out of it and could work a three team deal that sent Nocioni to a third team, it might not be a bad deal depending on who the Raptors got from the third team.

What would be better would be Hedo and the Raptors 13th pick for the Kings 5th pick and Nocioni. It might be worth it to take a bum like Nocioni if the Raptors could move up to 5th on the board. They could always worry about dumping Nocioni later. However, I doubt that the Kings would do this deal.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doubtful that SAC wants Turk back

Problem with Turk going to SAC is that they already have Donte Green and Omar Casspi plus Nocioni to play the SF position; I really doubt SAC would want to get rid of any of the two Green or Casspi, two promising young players for an old and corrupted player like Turk.

Unless the Raptors are so lucky that SAC really wants Turk back and are willing to give up Donte Green plus putting up some sort of deal involving their "expensive " players Garcia, Nocioni and Udrih.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any chance that we could pick up one of Sacto's bigs in a deal for Turkey-Glue? Hawes, Thompson or Landry? If the option was a Nocioni + 1 of the bigs for Jerkoglu + 13th pick, would anyone make that?

Post Thanks / Like

We'd probably have to absorb Garcia's salary as apart of any deal involving Hedo to Sacremento.

Raptors Republic Rookie Teddy Bruckshut's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care where he wants to go he goes where ever the best trade is.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

let him void his contract then he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    We'd probably have to absorb Garcia's salary as apart of any deal involving Hedo to Sacremento.
    That is correct. This is the only way Kings are willing to take Hedo, by giving us Garcia and Nochioni and neither of them can play.

If I was BC, I would let Hedo and his GM do the looking around right now and will not waste my time on his sorry ass.

Post Thanks / Like

Noc would be a good guess of a guy they would drop on the table. That would be fine by me seeing as he's sort of like a more talented Jorge Garbaosa. My fear would be them saying "We'll take Hedo off your hands but you need to take Beno Udrih off our hands".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Noc would be a good guess of a guy they would drop on the table. That would be fine by me seeing as he's sort of like a more talented Jorge Garbaosa. My fear would be them saying "We'll take Hedo off your hands but you need to take Beno Udrih off our hands".
    Nocioni's defense is worse than Calderon's.

Please the Raptors don't need anymore of these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post

I strongly disagree. He bust his ass and his weakness is revolving around help defense, not all defense like Calderon.

Defense: Does a great job of frustrating his man on defense end by getting in his jersey and forcing him to work for every inch down low. Doesn’t block many shots, nor does he get many steals, but is an incredibly effective inside-outside defender none the less. Does a decent job of going straight up in the post, but loses his composure periodically leading to silly fouls. Knows and uses all the tricks of the trade
    DraftExpress.com

Nocioni's physical style of defense created controversy around the league
    Wikipedia

Defense is thought to be one of Nocioni’s strong points. And on the ball, he proves to be a pesky defender, using his physicality to body bigger attackers. But Nocioni is constantly sloughing off his man to help elsewhere, only to have his assignment beat him with a wide open shot.
    Examiner.com

The physicality is something that's appealing for the Raptors. Whenever somebody got sent to the court last season no one did anything to protect or defend the honor of that guy. They just stood there, watched it happen and didn't even get in the face of the opponent. This is part of the reason why the Raptors have the "soft" label. Noc won't take that crap. He'll hard foul that guy into the hardwood. He'll also play strong man to man defense and the help defense is something that can be worked on.
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 8th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post

What? You couldn't be more wrong Buddah. Sure he had a horrible season last year, but I chalk that up to how he was being used. (or lack there of)

Noc isn't an amazing defender, but very much of the same mold as Garbajosa but better from a defensive perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

When Noc was in Chicago he received nothing but praise in the media for his toughness, determination and solid defense. He could do everything Jorge could, only a little more on offense.

Raptors Republic Rookie Teddy Bruckshut's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    At that point you say no because Hedo is the best player in the transaction

Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys are remembering back to 2006-07. I don't remember watching him play that often when he was with the Bulls. However over the last two years with the Kings his defense has been awful. He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.

I agree that he plays hard and physical but so does Reggie

Playing hard and physical does not make one a good defender especially in today's game where the league frowns on physical play by the wings/guards.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, Garcia is a very good shooter and Nocioni is one of those guys who has to be on a winning team to be effective. Turning Turk into those two would be a decent haul. Scratch that I just checked Garcia's salary. He wouldn't play much here and makes too much money unless he makes a big leap and he's already 29.

I'd rather keep Turk than take back Garcia, but Nocioni and Green would be nice. The Kings have too many players and not enough spots to play them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a shout out here. MSFT just released a major Windows fix today. it covers XP and Windows 7 and some other of their operating system. I highly recommend that people download these and install ASAP. Requires a system reboot.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally like this trade. Can't see us getting anything better in return for Turk. Nocioni's contract is only 2 years, which is a huge plus for the Raptors in terms of long-term flexibility.

And I think Turk will complement Evans' game pretty well, so the Kings should be willing to do this trade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information