This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Noc would be a good guess of a guy they would drop on the table. That would be fine by me seeing as he's sort of like a more talented Jorge Garbaosa. My fear would be them saying "We'll take Hedo off your hands but you need to take Beno Udrih off our hands".
    At that point you say no because Hedo is the best player in the transaction

Comment

I think you guys are remembering back to 2006-07. I don't remember watching him play that often when he was with the Bulls. However over the last two years with the Kings his defense has been awful. He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.

I agree that he plays hard and physical but so does Reggie

Playing hard and physical does not make one a good defender especially in today's game where the league frowns on physical play by the wings/guards.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Whoa, Garcia is a very good shooter and Nocioni is one of those guys who has to be on a winning team to be effective. Turning Turk into those two would be a decent haul. Scratch that I just checked Garcia's salary. He wouldn't play much here and makes too much money unless he makes a big leap and he's already 29.

I'd rather keep Turk than take back Garcia, but Nocioni and Green would be nice. The Kings have too many players and not enough spots to play them.

Comment

Just a shout out here. MSFT just released a major Windows fix today. it covers XP and Windows 7 and some other of their operating system. I highly recommend that people download these and install ASAP. Requires a system reboot.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I personally like this trade. Can't see us getting anything better in return for Turk. Nocioni's contract is only 2 years, which is a huge plus for the Raptors in terms of long-term flexibility.

And I think Turk will complement Evans' game pretty well, so the Kings should be willing to do this trade.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.
              But, he's only got 2 years left on his deal.. which makes him a lot more valuable than Turk. And you're saying that Noc's defense is terrible, but it cannot be much worse than Turk's anyway!

Comment

I would say to keep Jerkoglu locked up into ACC dungeons, give him pizza and pop drinks.
                Why not void his contract and go wherever he wants?
                Also, public comments about not wanting to play for a team he committed and signed a contract should give the team the right to void the contract right away. The league is at the mercy of the overpaid players after they sign the contract!

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                  Why not void his contract and go wherever he wants?
                  I don't think they're legally allowed to do that.

Comment

Maybe my objection to this trade is that I think BC can do better in getting rid of Turk than Nocioni and a small TPE.

I guess for $6.5 million a year coming off of the bench wouldn't be that bad if BC couldn't do any better.

Maybe I am more optimistic over what BC can do in unloading Turk, assuming that that is what is going to happen.

An interesting note is that if one reads the whole article at the beginning of the thread there is a reference to the fact that Turk and Carlesimo got along really well, I guess when they were both at S.A. So maybe if Carlesimo feels he can salvage Turk and convince Turk to play for the Raptors Turk might be given one more year to try and produce like people think he can and should for what he is getting paid.

Comment

hedo for tyreke
                      k go

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I don't think they're legally allowed to do that.
                        Can't Hedo void the contract? Or a buyout with 1$?

Comment

I thought your were referring to the Raptors. If both parties agreed to it I don't see why not but the question I would raise to you is why would Hedo walk away from $43M?

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                            Can't Hedo void the contract? Or a buyout with 1$?
                            And he'd do that because...??

I know he doesn't want to be here anymore, but that doesn't mean he'd give up $44 million to do so. I hope he would do that, but I highly doubt it, especially considering he'd get nowhere near that value in the market now.

Comment

I just spoke with my source in Sacto, and here is what he told me:

"Petrie has always wanted to reacquire Hedo but that was back when he was still a good player. If his contract was similar to Noc, then I'd think it was a real possibility. But since the Kings have taken so long to get significant cap space, I just don't see them blowing it on Turk.

Kings would have to get an unbelievably one-sided deal to take him and his contract."

when I inquired about a deal that would also include picks, like the Raps sending Turk and 13 to Sacto for Noc and #5, here is what I got:

"I doubt it. Doesn't seem like they're getting better player-wise or draft-wise there...
                              Maybe if they get rid of noc AND Garcia and maybe beno plus the 5 for hedo, derozan and the 13 they'd consider it because of the shedding of two bad contracts for one but that sounds bad for the raptors. Maybe it's too extreme....I'll keep you posted if I hear further."
                              hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

Hedo want to return to the kings ?? Since when do we let a guy who average 11/4/4 makes demands ? Is he in a position to demand all these things from the Raptors ?
                                For me, this is a simple transaction, we (over)paid for his service who the next few years, and he is the raptors property for that duration of time. What the raptors choose to do with him is up to the organization, whether that would be trade him to a non-sacramento team or keep him in Toronto.
                                It's clear that he signed for the money, and now he's got the money he's trying to bolt.
                                Bottom line, we paid for his service, he needs to put up and shut up, and be a professional about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X