Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hedo Wants To Return To the Kings

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.
    But, he's only got 2 years left on his deal.. which makes him a lot more valuable than Turk. And you're saying that Noc's defense is terrible, but it cannot be much worse than Turk's anyway!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say to keep Jerkoglu locked up into ACC dungeons, give him pizza and pop drinks.
    Why not void his contract and go wherever he wants?
    Also, public comments about not wanting to play for a team he committed and signed a contract should give the team the right to void the contract right away. The league is at the mercy of the overpaid players after they sign the contract!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Why not void his contract and go wherever he wants?
    I don't think they're legally allowed to do that.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe my objection to this trade is that I think BC can do better in getting rid of Turk than Nocioni and a small TPE.

I guess for $6.5 million a year coming off of the bench wouldn't be that bad if BC couldn't do any better.

Maybe I am more optimistic over what BC can do in unloading Turk, assuming that that is what is going to happen.

An interesting note is that if one reads the whole article at the beginning of the thread there is a reference to the fact that Turk and Carlesimo got along really well, I guess when they were both at S.A. So maybe if Carlesimo feels he can salvage Turk and convince Turk to play for the Raptors Turk might be given one more year to try and produce like people think he can and should for what he is getting paid.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

hedo for tyreke
    k go

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think they're legally allowed to do that.
    Can't Hedo void the contract? Or a buyout with 1$?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought your were referring to the Raptors. If both parties agreed to it I don't see why not but the question I would raise to you is why would Hedo walk away from $43M?

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Can't Hedo void the contract? Or a buyout with 1$?
    And he'd do that because...??

I know he doesn't want to be here anymore, but that doesn't mean he'd give up $44 million to do so. I hope he would do that, but I highly doubt it, especially considering he'd get nowhere near that value in the market now.

Raptors Republic Rookie phdsteve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke with my source in Sacto, and here is what he told me:

"Petrie has always wanted to reacquire Hedo but that was back when he was still a good player. If his contract was similar to Noc, then I'd think it was a real possibility. But since the Kings have taken so long to get significant cap space, I just don't see them blowing it on Turk.

Kings would have to get an unbelievably one-sided deal to take him and his contract."

when I inquired about a deal that would also include picks, like the Raps sending Turk and 13 to Sacto for Noc and #5, here is what I got:

"I doubt it. Doesn't seem like they're getting better player-wise or draft-wise there...
    Maybe if they get rid of noc AND Garcia and maybe beno plus the 5 for hedo, derozan and the 13 they'd consider it because of the shedding of two bad contracts for one but that sounds bad for the raptors. Maybe it's too extreme....I'll keep you posted if I hear further."

Raptors Republic Rookie bigmanshaq's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hedo want to return to the kings ?? Since when do we let a guy who average 11/4/4 makes demands ? Is he in a position to demand all these things from the Raptors ?
    For me, this is a simple transaction, we (over)paid for his service who the next few years, and he is the raptors property for that duration of time. What the raptors choose to do with him is up to the organization, whether that would be trade him to a non-sacramento team or keep him in Toronto.
    It's clear that he signed for the money, and now he's got the money he's trying to bolt.
    Bottom line, we paid for his service, he needs to put up and shut up, and be a professional about it.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noc, Garcia and 5 for Hedo, DeRozan and 13? That actually doesn't sound too bad.

I have a low regards for DeRozan though. Some of you guys like him a lot so I'm guessing this deal sounds horrible for you. I'm thinking at #5 we can get a better player than DeRozan, and we still have Weems to fall back on anyway.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You bow to the 'requests' of a guy like Turk because you're a class organization. That, and you really don't want him anyway and he has a trade-kicker that I'm thinking has to do with an ability to veto a trade? Dunno if someone can confirm that one..
    your pal,
    ebrian

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy with some insider ties and this is what he had to say about Hedo and the Kings:

I know Petrie has had an uber basketball boner over Hedo for quite some time. But he is seriously the most tight lipped SOB ever. The only time you hear King news is when it's another cities reporter reporting from their team. Even the King beat writers are out of the loop most of the time until the final moments.

The market for Hedo isn't going to be overwhemling, but if there is a market, I'd have to think the Kings would be at the top. I know Petrie's been wanting Hedo back for quite some time but never had the funds or resources for the "good" Hedo.

The cap space thing...if they did move Noch and Garcia, it really wouldn't hurt them this coming year or next. And really, that's the only time they're going to have cap room with Casspi, Hawes, and maybe Thompson all up. By that time, they wont have enough under the cap for a big contract, especially with the new CBA. And who knows, they might give Evans a big contract too to make him happy when he's on the last two years of qualifying money.

I think the Raptors are going to have to pay to get rid of him...somehow DeRozan and/or the 13th would need to be involved, possibly with the Kings 5th.

I don't think it's super far fetched to think something could go down, but, I don't think many Raptor fans would like it if it was since they'd be on the wrong end of it. And really, I question if the Raps even wanna do that unless they're sure Bosh is gone and want the 5th pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    Problem with Turk going to SAC is that they already have Donte Green and Omar Casspi plus Nocioni to play the SF position; I really doubt SAC would want to get rid of any of the two Green or Casspi, two promising young players for an old and corrupted player like Turk.

Unless the Raptors are so lucky that SAC really wants Turk back and are willing to give up Donte Green plus putting up some sort of deal involving their "expensive " players Garcia, Nocioni and Udrih.
    from what we believe but from what people outside the organization say is a whole different story people still think he has game.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

dont think casspi or green are ready to start yet but turk has a 12 million player option in 2 years what team is going to take that unless we give up derozan and BCs not that stupid (i hope). i think our best option of getting rid of turk is trading him with bosh to miami for beasley, chalmers, and picks and that way we dont have to take back any garbage contracts and we are left only with calderon to deal to orlando for pietrus and bass

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Turkoglu & Bellinelli
    FOR
    Nocioni & Garcia

sounds like a great trade to me.

Both players, right off the hop, are better trade assets than Hedo. Far easier to trade Noc, to a play-off team that needs toughness, at his salary than it is to trade Turks at his salary - if even, only, because MOST play-off teams already have established playmaking.

Also, if one assumes:

a. Hedo will trigger his Player Option and
    b. the Team Options for Nocioni and Garcia will NOT be triggered

then the salary savings START at $15.5 million.

No brainer.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16428

As the above article states, Turkoglu is practically untradeable. So, Turk has three scenarios. The Raptors tell him to stay in Europe for the forseeable future, buyout his contract, or come back to T.O. grovelling with his tale between his legs and comes to camp in shape with the intention of helping the team win.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys are remembering back to 2006-07. I don't remember watching him play that often when he was with the Bulls. However over the last two years with the Kings his defense has been awful. He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.
    Well said -- Nocioni was a very good defender when he entered the league but he declined considerably over his final year and a half in Chicago and has continued to decline ever since. Nocioni, today, is a poor defensive player.

I agree that he plays hard and physical but so does Reggie
    Quoted for truth. Bang on.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys are remembering back to 2006-07. I don't remember watching him play that often when he was with the Bulls. However over the last two years with the Kings his defense has been awful. He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.

I agree that he plays hard and physical but so does Reggie

Playing hard and physical does not make one a good defender especially in today's game where the league frowns on physical play by the wings/guards.
    I admit I havent seen much of Nocioni since he went to Sac. But I agree with the pro Nocioni posts here...he was a fave of mine when on the Bulls. There were also strong rumours that Ainge/Rivers wanted him on the Cs in 2009 but the contract was too onerous...they dont go for dummies on D typically. Doesnt he still make the Argentinian A team?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother updating Windows. Upgrade to Linux.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information