This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors/Sixers Trade Buzz

This cat from the Philly board at the RealGM has apparently been bang on with inside sources in the past. I'm not sure I'm happy with this rumour though.

Re: The Sixerfan1976 Draft Thread (Update Pg. 34)

Postby sixerfan1976 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm:

Ok Ford was half right in the Indiana and Toronto talks. We have talked to both but neither conversation pertains to the #2 pick. In case you didn’t know we are taking Turner

We have inquired about the 10th pick(Indiana) and the 13th pick(Toronto).

Talks with Indiana center around Jeff Foster and the 10 pick for Lou and Thad. I don’t know who the target is at 10. Maybe they don’t even know yet. Could be Aldrich I guess.

Talks with Toronto center around Lou and Jack. Toronto has interest in Thad but needs to move Hedo first who we apparently do not want. One version I heard was Lou and Thad for Jack, Belinelli and #13. Again…I do not know who the big guy is we are targeting. I got the feeling that moving to 10-15 was going to be a lot easier than moving up to 5-9 range.

So maybe Lou is on the block or a lot more available than I previously thought.

Its all just talk right now….lots of stuff floating around..we will see what sticks in a few weeks.
    Source - Click here

T. Young has actually regressed over his three years and L. Williams can't play defense.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jack can not play defense either and I am not sure if he can be a useful player in a losing team.

I trade Jack and 13 for Lou Williams and Young. Who ever we get at 13, will not be as good as young anyway.

Comment

Not sure I'm comfortable with the Raptors including the 13th pick or Derozan in any deal with Philly (unless it includes Igoudala), but Lou Williams is an awesome player imo. His perimeter D is not nearly as bad as what we're used to seeing and he plays very well defensively from the weakside in getting steals and generating fast break opportunities. I'm sure we're all aware of his offensive skill set already. With his ability to put the ball on the floor and improving at driving-and-kicking (philly didnt really have any 3 point shooters outside of kapono to run a drive and kick with), he can potentially become a very good player in a league thats growing more suitable for combo pg's.

He plays similar to Devin Harris on the Mavs.

Comment

I'm with you Raptors4Ever. Those are two very young, high talent players who have a lot of upside. Would a move like that signify they're done trying to please Bosh and they're putting the team as a whole first?

DeRozan should be off limits here.

Comment

Not so sure Lou Williams is the right fit to give up no.13, at the very least 13 could turn out to be a cheaper option for the next 4yrs

Comment

Anyone who says no to this deal is delirious. Lou Williams was playing top 15 ball before he broke his jaw and AI stole all his minutes. The guy is a stud, while not a pure pg, he is an ideal running mate to pair with Derozan and Weems.

I loved Thad Young back at Georgia Tech. He has been a prisoner of the big man glut that the 76ers have and the constant volatility of the franchise. A change in scenery could mean all the difference in the world to a young player of his ability.

The number 13 pick is a joke compared to the skill and potential of these two guys. Lou is locked up to a very generous contract and Thad is due for a decent payday in a year.

I don't include Derozan unless its followed by number 2 pick and I really, really like Jack, but Lou is a better player and a more ideal off guard to play along Jose for when Triano likes to mix things up.

Comment

Bosh leaving is such a great opportunity for us to rebuild...in my mind the #13 and DD are key pieces of that rebuilding...We need to collect picks and prospects, not trade them away...

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Anyone who says no to this deal is delirious. Lou Williams was playing top 15 ball before he broke his jaw and AI stole all his minutes. The guy is a stud, while not a pure pg, he is an ideal running mate to pair with Derozan and Weems.

I loved Thad Young back at Georgia Tech. He has been a prisoner of the big man glut that the 76ers have and the constant volatility of the franchise. A change in scenery could mean all the difference in the world to a young player of his ability.

The number 13 pick is a joke compared to the skill and potential of these two guys. Lou is locked up to a very generous contract and Thad is due for a decent payday in a year.

I don't include Derozan unless its followed by number 2 pick and I really, really like Jack, but Lou is a better player and a more ideal off guard to play along Jose for when Triano likes to mix things up.
                  The problem with Lou Williams is he's a tweener. I don't understand how you say he's not a pure PG, but is an ideal running mate to DeRozan and Weems. If he's not a pure PG, who on earth is going to run the offense? The one thing Williams has proven is that he's not a PG.

I do like Young, and I have no problem trading the 13th pick, but I'd rather not trade Belinelli. I know, I know, many of you don't like him, but I still think he's going to be a very good player.

As for the trade as a whole, I do think the Raptors do end up with some talented players. I'd still like to see them get the 2nd pick, though.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post

I don't even know how you know who is available at 13 already. This is a lottery pick there will be players at 13.

Lou Williams is a nice player, I like him as a weapon off the bench not as a starting PG. I would welcome Lou and Thad if we somehow acquire a ballhandler in the backcourt not named Jose Calderon.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                      Bosh leaving is such a great opportunity for us to rebuild...in my mind the #13 and DD are key pieces of that rebuilding...We need to collect picks and prospects, not trade them away...
                      You're overvaluing what the Raptors could get with the 13th pick. Besides, Lou Williams is 23 and Thadeus Young is 21. I think they qualify as prospects. The Raptors actually get YOUNGER in the deal, so if the Raptors are rebuilding, I think that's good, don't you?
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I like Thaddeus.

It's amazing to me how many fans don't want to include Demar in a deal. Did you see him play last year? Yes he has potential but he should also be coming off the bench next year, which is when he was most effective and dialed in his rookie season.

Comment

I think that trade is realistic and plausible, but I don't see it happening. Also, I love Jack for his hustle, taking hard fouls, and playing at 100% every game and being the most vocal player on the Raptors team. In the end I think Jack>Lou and would not do the trade. Maybe Young and their second round pick for belinelli and the 13#?
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I liked Young a lot in his rookie year. He was very young, excuse the pun, and exceeded almost everyone's expectations. The problem I have with him is that from what I have seen his game as actually regressed over the last two years, especially this year. Maybe this was do to mitigating factors that were team related I don't know.

However, whenever I see a very young player regress in his second year over his rookie year and his third year over his second year then it sends up a big red flag.

Williams is quick as anything. However, he can't shoot. HIs career 3FG% is 32.3%. He also is not a PG averaging 2.8 assists in 20+ minutes in his career. He is also really too short to defend the the #2. I see Williams as an older version of Bradley but with fewer positive physical attributes and less defensive skill.

I could do without both of them unless they were end of the rotation or bench guys. Young may be worth the gamble but I would still like to know why his game has regressed since his rookie season in every year that he has been in the league before acquiring him.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't see this deal happening because Jarrett Jack is probably not as good as Lou Williams and whoever is at 13 will probably not be better than Young. The only deal I am interested in from Phili is one that brings back their pick. Williams, Thaddeus Young, and Iggi are good guys but I don't see any of them as part of a core that could be successful in the playoffs. And as far as the 13 pick being useless, a lot of very good players have come out of that range in picks and I don't see why we can't pick a guy who can be part of this franchise's future. It's not a sure thing, but even John Wall could end up a bust.
                              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X