Warriors Like Henry at #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors Like Henry at #6

Few draft candidates illustrate the Warriors' quandary like Kansas' Xavier Henry.

With the sixth overall pick, the Warriors are likely too low to nab one of the no-brainer choices in the June 24 NBA draft, but they are high enough that they'll have some good players from which to choose. General manager Larry Riley said he prefers to go with the best player available over filling a need.

The last thing the Warriors need is a shooting guard. But what if the best player available is Henry, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard?

"They made it clear that they were really interested in me," Henry, 19, said Monday. "I think I showed them everything they wanted to see. I think I should at least be in contention for it."
    MercuryNews.com

Let's hope they're dumb enough to do this. Are they really going to skip out on Wes Johnson or Al-Farouq Aminu (one of those two will be at #6)?

Comment

They would certainly have a lot more information about the players than we do to make such a call. If there's one thing they've proven over the years, they know good guards when they see them.

Comment

Seems really dumb

Comment

The more stupid picks the top 12 teams make the more likely they'll leave someone good at 13. You go Golden State!
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Trade Jose and the 13 to GS for Brandon Wright and the #6

Comment

I think Golden State should just do what they really want, and build a team of 6'7 players. Sure,. they've already got 14 players like Henry on their roster, but why not. They are Golden State.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                Trade Jose and the 13 to GS for Brandon Wright and the #6
                I'm puzzled as to how that benefits GS?

Comment

Working...
                X