This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antoine Wright?

Does anyone want to resign Antoine Wright? I thought he did a pretty good job for us last year and if Turk is gone, we need some depth at the three: maybe have him play behind Weems or something.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

They have enough wing players on the bench now as it is. I think they should work a S&T with someone for a prospect.

Comment

He wasn't bad and he wasn't good. His "defense" is above average...he is consider the next Anthony Parker in the beginning but he is injured prone!! Let just say he thinks he is Micheal Jordan

Comment

I like the swagger he brought to toronto last season we definately need more players with his attitude I wouldnt mind bringing him back but he wont resign i think BC hinted at that at his PC.

Comment

Sign him to a reasonable contract (2.5 mill/2yrs) THEN TRADE HIS ASS. We don't need to have so many wings. I'd love to pick up a backup 4 or 5.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He brought a lot off the court... attitude and a bit of grit... I liked it. But he should be told not to drive aimlessly into the paint, and fined when he does.

I'm all for giving him another shot, if only to teach some of the other wings how to keep their man in front of them.

Scott.
            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

If Traino had the sand to assert himself with players like Wright, sit him down and define him a role, i.e. defensive spark off the bench, attitude and mentor DD and Weems, not brick 3s with 16 seconds left on the clock, or attempt cuts through the paint for an impossible off balance layup over 3 defenders, he would be valuable to us, and I'd offer to bring him back. That didn't happen and won't happen so we'd be better off trying to upgrade.

Comment

Wright definately has a wonky style to his game, his "look ma no hands" dribble drives are legendary. I think if the Raptors get a proven player that attacks the basket regularly, you'll see a more controled Wright coming in off the bench. 2mill/yr tops!

Comment

Wright is pretty much everything everyone above me here says, which means he's really a piece of junk player and our coach does not have the balls to coach this guy. He's a loudmouth, especially for a guy with marginal talent who thinks he's Michael Jordan. I got sick every time he entered a game. He plays poor defense which is why we supposedly got him, and constantly looks off better offensive players to jack up his own crap. I say he stinks and let him walk fast!!!

Comment

I'd love to have Wright for a vet min sort of deal. 10-15 minutes at SG/SF sounds about right.

I'm sure he'll get a job of some sort, somewhere.

Comment

I like what Wright brought last year. He wasn't necessarily a scorer but thought he did a good job defending the perimeter and also was a mouth in the dressing room. He didn't complain too much about mins from what I gather so if he wants to come back for 2M sure why the hell not?

Comment

Wright is a gritty player who is above average at defense and, as the season progressed, showed he could hit the open 3. I think he's going to end up with a contender who wants some depth behind their all-star SG/SF.

Comment

If he goes to a contending side that will help the Raptors immensely, most of the contenders are over the cap so a sign and trade would be the only way to get his services. They would have to give up a pick or a player with a similar contract. Since contending teams are top heavy maybe we could grab a young prospect from them?

Comment

Contenders would likely use part of their MLE or their bi-annual exception to acquire Wright. He's not exactly going to be caching in for his sub-par season. But teams know what he can do and will likely try to grab him, similar to what the Magic did with Matt Barnes. At least that's my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X