Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Did We Start Assuming That Bosh is Leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Did We Start Assuming That Bosh is Leaving?

I see millions of posts (literally!) about how Bosh is leaving and who we can get in return and all that stuff...

I am just wondering that what caused us, as the fans, to start thinking that Bosh isn't coming back next year for sure... Is it the fact that the team didn't make the playoffs or the whole Hedo Turkoglu mess-up or is it some hint that Bosh gave us that I missed...

I don't know, but it feels like a while ago, people were debating as to whether Bosh is leaving or not even after the season ended the way it did, and now the point of discussion suddenly is the best return value for Bosh, so I just want to know what really caused us to be certain about Bosh's future even though he has remained as silent as ever...

He wants to win
    Toronto is not that team.
    But will be when pigs fly
    There is a lot of clues out there.

Comment

How about when he declined a max-contract extension?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        How about when he declined a max-contract extension?
        According to RealGM as I posted on a thread; see link below

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145

Bosh will make the most money per season and in total if he declines the extension becomes a free agent and then resigns with the Raptors.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It is my opinion that Bosh is a pretty smart fella.

At this point I would break out the signing percentages of Bosh as

1. Raptors 75%
          2. Heat 20%
          3. Other 5%
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

After discussing signing with whichever teams sign James and Wade, Chris will see that he's seen as a "compliment" player. The crushing blow to his ego will drive him to resign with Toronto to prove those GMs wrong.

Comment

BomKeyzi wrote: View Post
              After discussing signing with whichever teams sign James and Wade, Chris will see that he's seen as a "compliment" player. The crushing blow to his ego will drive him to resign with Toronto to prove those GMs wrong.
              +1

Comment

It was after the loss the Golden State that I, and probably CB, knew he would not be back.

This team showed no heart down the stretch.

I don't blame CB for leaving.

He gave it a chance. 7 years.

He is in his prime.

Why should he waste his best years on a franchise that just does not have a history of having a blueprint for success, like Garnett did with Minny for so many years?

His best years spent losing, now trying to beat the Lakers one more time, while his legs are past their best before date.

You can't get those years back. You just can't.

I am looking forward to not having CB next year.

The stench of failure would have just followed this team at the first sign of the-same-ole-same-ole, if he came back.

I hope CB signs with Chicago or Houston.

They have the best available young talent.

To those of you looking to get a superstar back in return...

Get it through your thick skulls-- We will NOT be getting full value in return.

And thats fine.

The time for that was last summer.

If that is what you are expecting, please start the bytching and moaning now, so you get it out of your system before the season starts.

Comment

When the Raps failed to make the playoffs again.

Comment

When he sat out the rest of the regular season

Comment

m5racer wrote: View Post
                      When he sat out the rest of the regular season
                      You do know he had major surgery on his face, don't you? Apparently we're making assumptions about people because they suffer a major injury?

Personally, I don't assume Bosh will leave, but certainly wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he did.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm not as sure as I used to be that he'll be back but I still think it's 50/50 him staying vs. him leaving. He will not be the franchise guy anywhere else and I think he'll realize that Toronto is the biggest market in the NBA that he can be the big star in. He says it's all about winning, but I think what he means is it's about legacy. Personally, I would rather be remembered as a the best player in Raptors history and be the first player to have my Jersey retired at the ACC than be the next Scotty Pippin or Pau Gasol. Not to mention the team that we put on the floor last year was actually pretty good. Before Bosh got injured they looked like they were going to be the fifth seed and that was after adding 9 new players and we still only finished a game out of the playoffs despite Bosh and hedo being injured. I've said many times that I don't particularity want Bosh to stay because he hasn't lead us anywhere and we will not win a title anytime soon with him as tour guy, but this team as it is built today would be a playoff team for the next 2-3 years and if Demar, Sonny and Amir all develop well, they could be a very good unit. Point guard is a concern, but that's BC's job.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

You assume he's leaving because it's the most likely scenario. If Bosh is "smart", he'll go to another team. If Bosh is "egotistical", he'll stay with the Raptors. Which do you think he is, egotistical or smart? I think he's smart.

And, to cover up any potential disappointment. Kind of like when you walk into a movie theater with low expectations, you usually come out more satisfied regardless of whether the movie was good or bad.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

I just don't see the logic in staying. Bosh is a follower, not a leader. He is likely going to do what Bron or Wade tell him to do. The guy is more starved for attention than Randy is for cheeseburgers. Unless he really hates moving, he has backed himself into a corner, forcing his own hand.

He hasn't made one iota of an inclination that he might be staying and his image in Toronto is dangling from a thread threatening to plunge into a radioactive cauldron of hate. If he is staying, his window of good graces shrinks everyday and unless he makes up his mind yesterday, the fans will kick him out before he has a chance to leave.

BC would have to make a big move for there to be a chance, but I don't think he is willing to part with Derozan and unless a team wants to exchange North American cheap talent for overpaid Euro's, a player of the quality that Bosh demanded isn't going to be available.

Comment

Working...
                            X