This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasho Isn't Happy & Considering Going Back Overseas

Yikes ... is being unhappy in Toronto considered cool now? Everyone and their dogs are unhappy here.

Rasho Nesterovic isn't happy with his last season in the Toronto Raptors, and is considering whether to stay in the NBA or the go back to Europe after 11 seasons in the United States. The 34-year-old Slovenian center will listen to offers from both sides to decide where to play next season.
    Source - Click here

He must have understood upon signing his one year deal last season that he was barely going to play, that he would've been the 4th or 5th big out of the bench... Maybe there's more that went on in the dressing room that was being played in the media and public how they all get along and buddies off the court...

Comment

I can understand him not being happy with his playing time, but I don't think that means he was completely unhappy in Toronto. He's a professional and still wants a chance to play, I wish him all the best.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I'm sorry but that's not a legitimate source. And I can't find anywhere else that says so.

Comment

This sounds like a plant. Everyone is now coming out expressing how much they don't like Toronto now? I heard one the other day that Jarret Jack was also looking to get out.

I don't believe it for a second their agents know that's not the best way to endear yourself to a potential buyer.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
            I'm sorry but that's not a legitimate source. And I can't find anywhere else that says so.
            Here's the actual source from a Slovenian paper.

Link: http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/r...entance/231773

Comment

Doesn't impact us much anyway. Was Rasho really going to get another guaranteed contract at this stage in his career? I doubt it.. Going back to Europe is probably his best bet to squeeze out some more money.

If anything teams are trying to cut costs Rasho at 34 doesn't seem like a integral part of any roster right now.

Comment

I personally don't care, but I'm more surprised by all the negative attention we've gotten so far this off-season and all the wheeling & dealing hasn't even begun. With players "apparently" wanting out of Toronto, it doesn't necessarily make it all that appealing to new players. Not referring to the city of Toronto itself, but the basketball reasons why players might not want to come here to play and why current Raptors want out.

Comment

Well luckily we won't have to worry about that for a while since we don't a have a means to attract FA's given our salary structure.

I suspect this is less of a destination because we don't have a Franchise Player, the team has no identity now so the vets want no part of a rebuild.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    I personally don't care, but I'm more surprised by all the negative attention we've gotten so far this off-season and all the wheeling & dealing hasn't even begun. With players "apparently" wanting out of Toronto, it doesn't necessarily make it all that appealing to new players. Not referring to the city of Toronto itself, but the basketball reasons why players might not want to come here to play and why current Raptors want out.
                    We shouldnt have gotten Rasho in the 1st place. We couldve used his money for something better, definitely younger.

I agree, but you know what they say, bad publicity is still publicity, right? I guess if you think of it, these things kinda put Toronto out there. Some players might think of the positive and say, hey, this team seems to be always getting battered, maybe this is where i can start or re-start my career and help resurrect this franchise....

I think it also sends a message to management to get their act together and change the way they run things before it gets a lot worse. Sort of a wake-up call. Could also be a positive thing for the current players, they might want to prove those other players wrong and motivate them to play hard to put Toronto in a good light in the NBA. Maybe Bargs will come from nowhere, in a superman pose (with hand on waist and his cape waving behind him) and say "Screw Bosh, Turk, Rasho and Jack. This is my team NOW". Whoa!
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jun 9, 2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The United Nations is crumbling. Say it ain't so Rasho, say it ain't so.

I'm sure Marco is about as happy as he was in Golden State sitting his ass on the bench. He would be the next to complain in my opinion.

Comment

you know he prolly was just stuck in the middle of hell.

if anyone if rasho explained what went on on and off the court during this season i would believe him.

he seems like a really smart guy b-ball wise and street wise and knows his place and doesn't like to get involved in crap. i'd still like to know what went on in the lockerroom and stuff cause every one seems pissed except sonny,demar, and amir who are all in like a different dimension riding on unicorns.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          The United Nations is crumbling. Say it ain't so Rasho, say it ain't so.

I'm sure Marco is about as happy as he was in Golden State sitting his ass on the bench. He would be the next to complain in my opinion.
                          okay, if marco and/or pob complain then there was definitely somethin goin on this season.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This from 4 weeks ago

Monday, May 11, 2009
                            Nesterovic could possibly play in Europe

Radoslav Nesterovic(2.13-C) gave an interview to slovenian media site RTV, and one of the questions that he was asked was whether he would like to return to Europe or continue in the NBA. The slovenian veteran said that at this stage in his career and with his contract having expired any opportunity is up for grabs.

Nesterovic said that the new contracts in the NBA will be signed from July 1st onwards and he is open to all suggestions. Nesterovic also has a greek passport, with the surname Makris from the days he was playing in Paok. Unfortunately for Paok he left shortly after he acquired the passport. This prospect means that he could play for greek powerhouses Olympiakos or Panathinaikos without occupying the position of a bosman player. This season he averaged 6.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in 70 games for Indiana and he is also a member of the Slovenia National Team.
                            http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/05/...y-play-in.html
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Yikes ... is being unhappy in Toronto considered cool now? Everyone and their dogs are unhappy here.
                              Damn !!! What happened to this team last season ??!! It seems like no one was happy with this team . Whose fault was that ? GM, Coaches or ...

Comment

Working...
                              X