Where Would Miami Be If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Would Miami Be If...

They didn't draft Beasley, and instead drafted Russell Westbrook(who actually went 4th) or Kevin Love(who actually went 5th), where would they be now? Much better?

From that draft I would rank them down through Beasley on how I think they will eventually rank based upon what we have seen in their two seasons
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Westbrook
    2. Love
    3. B. Lopez
    4. Rose
    5. Mayo
    6. Gordon
    7. N. Batum
    8 Gallinari
    9. G. Hill
    10. S. Ibaka
    11. J.j. Hickson
    12. L.R. Mbah a Moute
    13. J. Thompson
    14. A. Randolph
    15. R. Hibbert
    16. R. Lopez
    17 . Beasley
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

nice list i dont think any teams would even think about trading one of those players for beasley

Comment

agree with your list other than the fact that Drose is 4th... he'd go number one in any possible re-do draft. He won rookie of the year and he's the only one to go to an all star game. He averages more points and about the same amount of assist as Russel Westbrook without the fact that Westbrook has Durant on his side...

plus, id say that Brook Lopez would go second. He is by far one of the best low post centers in the game right now. I'd say he's the number two center in the eastern confrence. Next year, he's probably going to get 23 and 10.

Comment

Ya, Miami really missed out on some quality guys...

Comment

If we're throwing out names then Marreese Speights is better than Robin Lopez. Shout out to my man Sonny Weems!

Comment

Got to hand it to BC for trading out of that draft.

Love #2 sounds pretty high for the illsbury dough boy. Randolph seems about ten picks too low and I might take George Hill earlier, but I'm all about length.

I can't get over how good that draft is.

Why doesn't Riley take more heat for taking the Bease, is it worse than taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams?

Comment

Moon Knight wrote: View Post
                agree with your list other than the fact that Drose is 4th... he'd go number one in any possible re-do draft. He won rookie of the year and he's the only one to go to an all star game. He averages more points and about the same amount of assist as Russel Westbrook without the fact that Westbrook has Durant on his side...

plus, id say that Brook Lopez would go second. He is by far one of the best low post centers in the game right now. I'd say he's the number two center in the eastern confrence. Next year, he's probably going to get 23 and 10.
                Yep, Lopez is way better than Love.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Why doesn't Riley take more heat for taking the Bease, is it worse than taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams?
                  I think there are two main reasons: (1) player's achievements prior to the draft (2) team success/potential

Michael Beasley -- 26.2ppg + 12.4rpg on 61% TS% -- considered the best player in college basketball after finishing one of the most dominant freshman seasons in NCAA history + was widely considered to be a sure thing entering the league.

Marvin Williams -- 6th man -- 11.3ppg and 6.6rpg -- viewed as a freakishly athletic but raw prospect with a huge amounts of potential (also widely viewed as a top two pick by draft time after climbing the draft boards).

There was a large difference on both player's credentials as they entered the league. That is why Riley doesn't get much criticism for his selection and why Atlanta's GM got a lot of criticism.

The second major factor is the team's future success. For example, Detroit fluffed the Darko Milicic pick but they also won a title + came within minutes of a second title + made 6 straight conference finals so while there is a fair bit of criticism for the pick it has been softened by the team's success. Similarly, Miami can still build a contender (via free agency) despite this mistake and that too will take a lot of onus off the pick. If Miami did not have this opportunity available to them, or if Detroit never had their success, their draft mistakes would be put under a magnifying glass and received far more criticism.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                  X