Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What in the World is Happening To This Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the World is Happening To This Team?

OK, every game whether we win or lose we always have a tendency of complaining or critiquing something regarding this team, but what sincerely is the problem? Losing by 35 points to the Charlotte Bobcats? I mean, come'on.

Is it a chemistry thing now? Can Bosh & Bargnani co-exist and be the future of this franchise or is this an experiment gone awry? I can't grasp why for the last couple of years after a multitude of roster changes that this team continues to regress rather than show signs of improvement.

Not laying blame by any means on Iavaroni because the players are just as accountable as the coaches, but wasn't he brought in because of his defensive prowess as a coach? If so, we were better defensively last year and that's pretty bad.

How long before people start calling for Colangelo's head?

Anyhow, feel free to whine if you like. It can be very therapeutic. You shouldn't bottle up all that anger.

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    The scary thing about it, is that you aren't going to find much better out there and Colangelo does have a good name around the league which is a good thing for a club that still have problems attracting U.S born players.

The other side of the fence may not be greener.

If this team fails then it should be the end of the era with Chris Bosh.

Comment

i personally didnt have high expectations coming into the season. this team has let me down one too many but i do think that this team has the potential to be decent

i was laughing my ass off when people were saying we are going to be amongst the top 4 teams in the east but once our schedule gets a little easier and guys have built some chemistry, i think we can control the 6th spot in the east....

IMO we would have been better off resigning marion and AP

if we ever want to we a real "contender", we need a dominant low post player...doesnt have to be a superstar, even a guy like Perkins or Nene would be great for us...

and i dont think bosh should be given the "max contract", hes a great player but he cannot lead a team or play defense...he will get his numbers but thats about it....i just cannot imagine bosh getting 1/3 of the teams salary....how exactly are you suppose to build a team around that?...if it was lebron, fine....he is more than capable of carrying a team on his shoulders....but bosh isnt lebron....lets trade bosh for a defensive center...and add more depth to the bench and bring some more defensive help...

thats my 2 cents...

Comment

I have asked myself the same question about Bosh and Bargnani coexisting on this Raptors team. I have not looked at their numbers when they are both on the court and their numbers when either one of them is not on the court. Watching all the games the Raptors have played this year I get the distinct feeling that they have a much better flow when Bargnani is playing along Johnson in the front line rather when Bosh is playing along with Bargnani.

My feeling is that they both need to be the focal point of the offense, especially Bargnani. He needs shots to stay in the flow, much like Dirk Nowitzki. If the Raptors were to trade Bosh for a defensive minded center/forward Bargnani's numbers would defintely improve but would not result in more victories in the near future. Both the PG and SG positions would need a considerable upgrade for the Raptors to become a better team. Do you trade Calderon? Do you play Wright first before you play DeRosan? Another thought that has crossed my mind is that this is not Triano's team really. I have the feeling that Colangelo is forcing Triano's hand on a lot of the on-court decisions that have resulted to a 7-9 start with a team that is still searching for a style and identity.

Comment

It's not a question of Bargnani and Bosh being able to play alongside one another.

It's a question of whether Bargnani is a very good basketball player or not.
          Last edited by Dave; Thu Nov 26, 2009, 01:33 PM.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Once BC gets over this Bargnani obsession ... he'll be fine. He'll do a very good job.

Until that happens, the Raptors as an organization are going to keep slamming their head against the wall. Powerfully, viciously, blood spilling everywhere type of head-slamming.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
              Once BC gets over this Bargnani obsession ... he'll be fine. He'll do a very good job.

Until that happens, the Raptors as an organization are going to keep slamming their head against the wall. Powerfully, viciously, blood spilling everywhere type of head-slamming.
              Ha. I'm agreeing more and more with you but not fully there yet. Somewhere in me is a hope that Bargnani will become an impact player on both ends of the floor and can maintain his effort. I acknowledge that so far it hasn't happened...

Comment

The more I watch, the more I'm starting to believe Bosh is playing only for a $130 million contract.
                And he'd better wake-up because if this keeps up, the only team that will give it to him will be the NYK.
                Only Bosh can solve the "chemistry" issues with Bargs.
                The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I think I touched a nerve... Ouch

My post on this entry seemed to touch a nerve on Bothersteve and Dave. The Bargnani scapegoat train has left the station. Please tell me of another seven footer that has fared better that Bargniani in their fourth year in the NBA? Please keep in mind that I am not enamored by Bargnani's play or performance so far (all four seasons) but he has shown a lot of promise. He is not the only one to blame.

I looked at four different centers to compare their performance and how Bargnani has fared against them during their fourth year in the NBA. I did not include Shaquille O'Neal in my comparison since he is a freak of nature and his game was mostly a power game where the four centers mentioned below had both finesse and one of them had power as well.

1. Nowitzki had 17 FGA and 23 points on his fourth year in the NBA.
                  team stats were:
                  Points Per Game: 105.2 (1st of 29) ▪ Opponent Points Per Game: 101.0 (28th of 29) - Reminds you of someone?

2. Ewing had 16 FGA and 23 points
                  Team stats were:
                  Points Per Game: 116.7 (3rd of 25) ▪ Opponent Points Per Game: 112.9 (20th of 25) - What do you know? Another similar trend.....

3. Olajuon had 17 FGA and 22 points
                  Team stats were:
                  Points Per Game: 109.0 (9th of 23) ▪ Opponent Points Per Game: 107.6 (13th of 23)

4. Duncan had 17 FGA and 22 points
                  Team stats were:
                  Points Per Game: 109.0 (9th of 23) ▪ Opponent Points Per Game: 107.6 (13th of 23)

Bargniani's Numbers in his fourth year: 13 FGA 17 points - If he had another 4 shots per game he would probably equal the point totals of each of the other four centers.

Four common denominators to take with you from this comparison:

All four players mentioned above had the highest scoring average on their team

All four teams they played on, their fourth year, had winning records (three of them in the 50s)

All four centers were the focal point of their offense. Two of them won NBA titles. All four played in NBA finals.

None of the four aforementioned centers had Bosh and Calderon as team mates........

Can Bargniani become Olajuon, Duncan, Ewing, Nowitzky? Not on this team. Not if he cannot be the "man".

Before you throw a player under the bus please compare their performance in context.
                  Last edited by panagnos; Thu Nov 26, 2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I don't know what to make of the above post. The analysis is staggering... its going to take me a while to take it all in.

Comment

Before you throw a player under the bus please compare their performance in context.
                      When a player is as hot and cold as Bargnani in what context do you want us to compare him? Bargnani is the softest 7ft player there is. This guy should be crashing the net! How many times has he gone hard to the net to throw some weak outlet pass? He isn't even worth a trade for anything half decent in return. Bargnani will impress me once her starts crashing the lane and takin the ball hard to the basket, I won't argue he can stand and shoot but we need points from him inside the paint.

Comment

Working...
                      X