Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not that far off as far as ridiculous, unabashed claims go.

If Bosh leaves, Bargs should be putting up minimum 19-7, 1.5 blk, decent percentages and hopefully not world class matador defense.

Dwight will have center, Brook/Bogut backing him up and if Amare stays west and Bosh goes west or maybe even Bulls, Josh Smith is the only real threat at PF. Conventional wisdom says the East just stacks up on centers and undersized small forwards rather than let Bargs into the all star game.

Comment

When the Raptors drafted Andrea, they were envisioning Dirk 2.0, but now it seems like he's closer to being KVH 2.0 (Yep Keith Van Horn), check out the stats courtesy of wikipedia

KVH:
      Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
      1997–98 New Jersey 62 62 37.5 .426 .308 .846 6.6 1.7 1.0 .4 19.7
      1998–99 New Jersey 42 42 37.5 .428 .302 .859 8.5 1.5 1.0 1.3 21.8
      1999–00 New Jersey 80 80 34.8 .445 .368 .847 8.5 2.0 .8 .8 19.2
      2000–01 New Jersey 49 47 35.4 .435 .382 .806 7.1 1.7 .8 .4 17.0
      2001–02 New Jersey 81 81 30.4 .433 .345 .800 7.5 2.0 .8 .5 14.8
      2002–03 Philadelphia 74 73 31.6 .482 .369 .804 7.1 1.3 .9 .4 15.9
      2003–04 New York 47 47 33.5 .445 .373 .819 7.3 1.8 1.1 .4 16.4
      2003–04 Milwaukee 25 15 30.6 .472 .458 .945 6.3 1.5 .6 .6 15.7
      2004–05 Milwaukee 33 13 24.8 .449 .385 .862 5.0 1.2 .6 .3 10.4
      2004–05 Dallas 29 3 23.6 .462 .375 .783 4.4 1.2 .5 .3 12.2
      2005–06 Dallas 53 0 20.6 .424 .368 .832 3.6 .7 .6 .2 8.9
      Career 575 463 31.6 .443 .361 .835 6.8 1.6 .8 .5 16.0

Andrea Bargnani:
      Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
      2006–07 Toronto 65 2 25.1 .427 .373 .824 3.9 .8 .5 .8 11.6
      2007–08 Toronto 78 53 23.9 .386 .345 .840 3.7 1.1 .3 .5 10.2
      2008–09 Toronto 78 59 31.4 .450 .409 .831 5.3 1.2 .4 1.2 15.4
      2009–10 Toronto 80 80 35.0 .470 .372 .774 6.2 1.2 .3 1.4 17.2
      Career 301 194 29.0 .439 .376 .815 4.8 1.1 .4 1.0 13.7

How many all-star games did KVH appear in ??

Comment

Bargs will get in for sure, even if it's just the NBA trying to ensure Toronto has at least one player in the all star game (and hopefully DD back in the dunk contest...or Weems)

Comment

I am disgusted to see how many votes Turd got. What a freaking shame.

Comment

To Multipaul: Maurizio is that you?

Comment

i cant believe that this is a real post

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Bargs will get in for sure, even if it's just the NBA trying to ensure Toronto has at least one player in the all star game (and hopefully DD back in the dunk contest...or Weems)
                dude...it's nice that you like andrea. but as someone else said, let it go. not happening, and certainly not next year. the raps are gonna STINK. as in, epically stink. he's certainly not getting voted in ahead of the guys apollo noted, and the coaches generally don't add guys on crap teams, even if their numbers are good (see lee, david).

it's also nice to assume that with bosh gone, and likely (hopefully) turk as well, that bargs becomes the #1 option for them on offense...but then, he'd be the #1 focal point for defenses to shut down. bargs didn't exactly light it up at the end of the year when bosh went down, and that was when teams didn't really have much time to game-plan or coordinate their D around stopping him. we all like to fantasize about his skill-set, but that's all it really is, a fantasy. he's never given a reason to believe that he's capable of handling the offensive responsibility for a two-week period, let alone an entire season.

but hey, dare to dream, right?
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                  How did Granger get 100k votes?
                  8th in league scoring?

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  If Bosh leaves, Bargs should be putting up minimum 19-7, 1.5 blk, decent percentages and hopefully not world class matador defense.
                  Why? The stats from this season support the opposite happening.

Comment

Yertu- why do you hate the Raptors so much?

Everyone else- just wait and see man. This is Bargs' year. Just watch, I'm going to make sure to come back to this post during all star weekend. The All Star voting is largely a popularity contest. Trust me, the NBA is going to hype up Toronto this year especially if Bosh leaves, just watch.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      8th in league scoring?

Why? The stats from this season support the opposite happening.
                      Andrea's been increasing his scoring and his rebounds year to year (except for his rookie sophore campain i have no idea what happened there), so you would have to expect the trend to continue of him "imporving"

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Andrea Bargnani led all Raptors' starters on Tuesday with 11 points, making 5-of-14 field goals while attempting just one free throw.

Chris Bosh went down early in the first quarter and consequently the starting five finished just 16-of-42 from the floor.
                        MSNBC.com

Maybe what Bargnani lacks more than anything is urgency, a sense of the moment.

Take Bargnani’s performances this year without Chris Bosh in the lineup. On Wednesday against Boston, he was average: 17 points on eight-for-22 shooting with five rebounds in 39 minutes.
                        in the 67 games he has played with Bosh in the lineup this year: 17.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game on 47.1 per cent shooting. When Bosh plays, Bargnani averages 34.6 minutes of floor time per game.
                        in which he has played and Bosh has not: 15.0 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 blocks per game on 41.6 per cent shooting. When Bosh does not play, Bargnani averages 36.7 minutes of floor time per game.
                        his weaknesses — toughness, rebounding, defence — also happen to mirror his team’s shortcomings.
                        A search through the league reveals that when stars go down, their replacement’s production tends to increase.
                        And when given the opportunity to do more, Bargnani has actually done less.
                        VancouverSun.com

I mentioned yesterday that I think Bargnani’s could be in better condition. This isn’t to say he’s out of shape or that he doesn’t take care of his fitness.
                        By way of evidence I give you his performance on the second night of back-to-backs this season. The Raptors have been pretty abysmal as a group, with just a 3-8 record in these situations.
                        Bargnani’s efficiency falls off a cliff. He is averaging 12 points and 6.2 rebounds and shooting a brick-like 38 per cent from the floor and 28.2 per cent from deep. The scary thing is those numbers are an improvement over his career trend.
                        Bargnani is best on two day’s rest. He shoots 52 per cent, though the rust seems to hurt his deep stroke as he connects on just 32.5 per cent of his triples. With a day between games he shoots 47.6 per cent and 41.9 per cent from beyond the arc.
                        TheGlobeAndMail.com
                        Raptors Republic Forums: "Andrea is Better Than CB4"

Comment

MSNBC and the Vancouver Sun- the 2 cornerstones of sports journalism.

Can I throw up some bleacher report or real gm quotes as well? (oh burn)

Bargnani 2011 All Star 4 Real!

Comment

So mathematics and logic aren't things you hold in high regard? Numbers aren't biased.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                              This year's all star game will feature Andrea Bargnani as starting PF, with Dwight at Center. Watch and enjoy!
                              So you are telling us that Bargnani is seeking a buyout so that he can play for a FIBA group B team?
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I have to wonder whether people start threads like this just to bait me.

Well, let's see. You're assuming Bargnani will be a PF next year, which is a big assumption, but last year, Bargnani received 265,024 votes. That's fewer than LeBron, Garnett, Bosh, Pierce, Smith, Iguodala, Granger and Rashard Lewis. All but Granger were in the playoffs last year. Remember the playoffs is where most players make their names. Bargnani hasn't been in the playoffs in two years and played poorly when he was there. With Charlotte in the playoffs, it's a good bet Gerald Wallace will get lots of votes next year.

As for simply making the All-Star team, Bargnani would have to beat out LeBron, Garnett, Pierce, SMith, Antawn Jamison, a probably healthy Granger and Gerald Wallace, and that's assuming Bosh will play in the West. It's highly unlikely that will happen.

If Bargnani plays center next year, he'll have Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez, Andrew Bogut, Joakim Noah and Al Horfod ahead of him. All are better centers, and if Bosh leaves, all will likely be on teams with better records than the Raptors. That's something you seem to be forgetting, lottery teams rarely send players to the All-Star game.

It's great to make bold statements in order to get the conversation going, but if there's little thought behind them, no one's going to listen to you.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X