This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Will Be the Starting All Star PF

This year's all star game will feature Andrea Bargnani as starting PF, with Dwight at Center. Watch and enjoy!

Care to explain that or should we forever refer to you as "Homer"?

Comment

OK, fess up Paul .... how much is Andrea paying you to pump him up on these boards?

Comment

LMFAO, man, you guys are laying heat on me...

Think about it..lets assume (this is dangerous I know) that CB goes out West. Who do you see as the starting PF? Garnett? Horford?

I think Bargs, as the #1 option this year, will put up big time #'s, and will get the nod.

Who do you think will beat him out? Lee maybe?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post

Think about it..lets assume (this is dangerous I know) that CB goes out West. Who do you see as the starting PF? Garnett? Horford?

I think Bargs, as the #1 option this year, will put up big time #'s, and will get the nod.

The problem with your argument Pauly is that the starters for the ASG aren't selected by individual position, rather the players are grouped as guards, forwards and centers. So unless Andrea is going to be recognized as a top 2 forward in the conference, I'm highly doubting you'll see him starting. In fact, I'm highly doubting you'll see Andrea at the All-Star game at all, unless the NBA creates a team pasta eating event, in which Bargs and Gheradini would make a lethal combination.

Comment

LOL, nice one. BUT, i know how it works with the groupings. Bargs could make it in as PF/Center. Maybe the starting nod would be a stretch, but if KG or any of the usual guys goes down with injury, his chances increase even more. Really, who do you think will be the starting PF, assuming Dwight has the center spot locked and Dirk/Amare stay out west?

Comment

Starters are decided based on fan votes. I don't see Bargnani beating out KG for fan votes. Bosh couldn't do it ever.

Comment

Bargs almost made it to the all star game last year, i think he will have a chance for sure this year.

Comment

Well at this point its hard to tell. I think once all of the player movement gets settled and we get a good feel for the power dynamic in the conference we'll be able to make a better prediction. Again, like I said before, there does not necessarily have to be a starting "PF", it could be two small forwards.

Comment

Bargs almost made it to the all star game last year, i think he will have a chance for sure this year.
                    Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 625,279; Shaquille O'Neal (Cle) 206,657; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 67,310; Al Horford (Atl) 52,747; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 45,920; Brook Lopez (NJ) 39,420; Jermaine O'Neal (Mia) 38,956; Rasheed Wallace (Bos) 36,855; Kendrick Perkins (Bos) 19,408; Brad Miller (Chi) 17,188; Tyson Chandler (Cha) 14,062; Samuel Dalembert, (Phi) 13,969.
                    Oh and if he plans on being a forward next season here is a taste of the sort of competition he will have:
                    Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 649,327; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 533,187; Chris Bosh (Tor) 303,550; Paul Pierce (Bos) 131,379; Josh Smith (Atl) 109,404; Danny Granger (Ind) 100,122; Andre Iguodala (Phi) 75,146; Michael Beasley (Mia) 58,461; Hedo Turkoglu (Tor) 55,416; Rashard Lewis (Orl) 46,073; Luol Deng (Chi) 37,428.
                    That's seven forwards who received more votes than him.

Source: NBA.com

Comment

Ok, lets assume Shaq is out at Center, and they put in another C instead of an F, then he's got it in my opinion. Plus, he will get more media exposure this year and more touches.

Comment

Paul....Let it go man....Let it go....

Comment

Word up, but just wait and see come early next year we can resurrect this post.

Comment

Al Horford should get in ahead of Bargs.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

How did Granger get 100k votes?

Comment

Working...
                              X