Thread: Keep Hedo and Draft Monroe

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie bigmanshaq's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep Hedo and Draft Monroe

Hedo's a unique player in the sense that he's big (6'10) and can pass (he was averaging almost 5 assist with Orl), the combination of the 2 allows him to be a matchup nightmare. so lets pretend that if he stays with the raptors for a second, and we manage to trade up in the draft to Nab another player that causes match up problems in Greg Monroe. In Greg Monroe, we get a C, 6-11, 240lb, and average almost 4 assist/gm. Raptors could revolutionize the centre position and be the first to have a"point-centre" facilitating the offense.
    Now if we pair up Monroe with Turkolu, we get 2 good passers who could feed the rest of the team, especially when you have 2 athletic marvels in Weems/ Derozan, they would run wild !

Post Thanks / Like

How do you go about getting Monroe when he may go in the top 5. Not to mention everyone hates Hedo's guts. Not going to happen man.

Post Thanks / Like

You want a 6-11, 240lb center....dishing out assists...?

With a 6-10 220lb forward and a 7-0 250lb forward...who both like camping out at the 3 point line?

Who do you plan on posting up...Jose?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand where all the man-love for Monroe is coming from? He reminds me of Bargs, a centre that play's at the perimeter and avoids contact, with a questionable dedication to winning.

The last thing this team needs is soft centres and perimeter players. I'll pass.

Edit: Having Derozan or one of the point guards, playing at the block would be hilarious, if it wasn't such a horrible idea.
    Last edited by Raptorsss; Thu Jun 10th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Edit: Having Derozan or one of the point guards, playing at the block would be hilarious, if it wasn't such a horrible idea.
    If only we still had Joey Graham....

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I don't understand where all the man-love for Monroe is coming from? He reminds me of Bargs, a centre that play's at the perimeter and avoids contact, with a questionable dedication to winning.

The last thing this team needs is soft centres and perimeter players. I'll pass.

Please don't compare Monroe to Bargnani. That's like saying every non-100% physical center is like Bargnani. Monroe plays inside plenty.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should draft Wall, personally.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think we should draft Wall, personally.
    If we're going to draft Wall, we may as well skip Wall and go draft one of LBJ, Dwight Howard or Durant.

Thread Information