This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Hedo and Draft Monroe

Hedo's a unique player in the sense that he's big (6'10) and can pass (he was averaging almost 5 assist with Orl), the combination of the 2 allows him to be a matchup nightmare. so lets pretend that if he stays with the raptors for a second, and we manage to trade up in the draft to Nab another player that causes match up problems in Greg Monroe. In Greg Monroe, we get a C, 6-11, 240lb, and average almost 4 assist/gm. Raptors could revolutionize the centre position and be the first to have a"point-centre" facilitating the offense.
    Now if we pair up Monroe with Turkolu, we get 2 good passers who could feed the rest of the team, especially when you have 2 athletic marvels in Weems/ Derozan, they would run wild !

How do you go about getting Monroe when he may go in the top 5. Not to mention everyone hates Hedo's guts. Not going to happen man.

Comment

You want a 6-11, 240lb center....dishing out assists...?

With a 6-10 220lb forward and a 7-0 250lb forward...who both like camping out at the 3 point line?

Who do you plan on posting up...Jose?

Comment

I don't understand where all the man-love for Monroe is coming from? He reminds me of Bargs, a centre that play's at the perimeter and avoids contact, with a questionable dedication to winning.

The last thing this team needs is soft centres and perimeter players. I'll pass.

Edit: Having Derozan or one of the point guards, playing at the block would be hilarious, if it wasn't such a horrible idea.
        Last edited by Raptorsss; Thu Jun 10, 2010, 07:19 PM.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          Edit: Having Derozan or one of the point guards, playing at the block would be hilarious, if it wasn't such a horrible idea.
          If only we still had Joey Graham....
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I think we should draft Wall, personally.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I think we should draft Wall, personally.
              If we're going to draft Wall, we may as well skip Wall and go draft one of LBJ, Dwight Howard or Durant.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                I don't understand where all the man-love for Monroe is coming from? He reminds me of Bargs, a centre that play's at the perimeter and avoids contact, with a questionable dedication to winning.

The last thing this team needs is soft centres and perimeter players. I'll pass.

Please don't compare Monroe to Bargnani. That's like saying every non-100% physical center is like Bargnani. Monroe plays inside plenty.

Comment

Working...
                X