Sign Amir

Bynum/Przybilla
    Bargs/Amir/Evans
    Beasley/Nocioni/James Jones
    Derozan/Weems/Garcia/Bellinelli
    Jack/Vujacic/Banks

tbihis wrote: View Post
    Bosh and Wright to LA for Bynum and Vujacic
    Very doable if Lakers loose the series but otherwise, I do not see the Buss family give up on Bynum.

Turk to Sac for Nocioni and Garcia
    I think as much as Sac likes to get ride of Nocioni and Garcia, the price tag for Hedo is too high and they will not act on this trade.

Calderon to Miami for Beasley and James Jones
    I am pretty sure Heat will do this trade. There is nothing in this for us except a Salary Dump.

Sign Joel Przybilla
    Sign Amir
    What Kind of Contract are we talking about here ? I think Signing both of these guys is a great idea IF it comes at the right price.

Comment

Sorry but Bynum is looking more & more a question mark. He may not play the rest of the finals and is probably due for surgery after. He is good but the uncertainty of having a big part of your team's play unable to play for chunks of seasons will be a drag on the team (including the chewing up of cap space while injured).

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Very doable if Lakers loose the series but otherwise, I do not see the Buss family give up on Bynum.
        Win or loose i think the upside of Bosh for them is too good to pass on. If they didnt have Pau, theyd definitely not entertain the thought of trading Bynum, but Pau-Bosh combination will give you at least 40-20 on a given night.

I think as much as Sac likes to get ride of Nocioni and Garcia, the price tag for Hedo is too high and they will not act on this trade.
        Hedo would be a good fit for them, they dont have a "real" PG and Hedo can definitely play off of Hawes and Evans. Im not sure if Hedo had a rift with the Maloofs and Petrie, but they have the money to get Hedo and they pretty much have each position filled.

I am pretty sure Heat will do this trade. There is nothing in this for us except a Salary Dump.
        I disagree. I think Beasley is a solid player, he may still be trying to find his identity, which most players go through anyways, but if he finds his way in Toronto, he could be a really good player. BC needs to act quick tho coz now that the Heat seems to be putting Beasley on a fire sale, no doubt a lot of teams will be interested.

What Kind of Contract are we talking about here ? I think Signing both of these guys is a great idea IF it comes at the right price.
        Oh, not sure about the contracts but im assuming both can be signed for about 4-5mil each.
        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jun 11, 2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Sorry but Bynum is looking more & more a question mark. He may not play the rest of the finals and is probably due for surgery after. He is good but the uncertainty of having a big part of your team's play unable to play for chunks of seasons will be a drag on the team (including the chewing up of cap space while injured).
          I understand. But injuries are part of the game. You cant assume that just because a player had an injury one season, he's gonna be out the next. Hill was close to retiring due to injuries but now he's playing like he's 25 in phoenix. Both Amare and Tmac had microfracture surgeries and are doing good. Oden was doing good until he got hit on the knee. Of course he still has to pass a physical before the raps agree to the trade, but this day and age, im sure the right medical procedure and therapy will give him a lot of good years on the court.

and among the teams that Bosh wants to go, LA is the only one that we can get something we need in return. I think thats the most important thing to consider.

Comment

So do you guys agree that this is a doable trade?
            Pretty much addresses all our needs....you got scoring, rebounding, defense, touchness, young talent, good core....
            incase bynum goes down, joel is a good backup and he knows how to play as a starter. bargs can also move to the 5 and get amir to play PF, or beasley.
            vujacic is also a solid backup and can play 1, 2 and 3. good man-to-man defender too
            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jun 11, 2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I'm sort of with Bendit on this one. Bynum has been injured for the last 3 seasons now, and I believe they're all due to knee injuries. That doesn't bode well for any basketball player but especially for a centre and especially for one who's supposed to provide a shot blocking presence and protect the rim.

Comment

santimo wrote: View Post
                I'm sort of with Bendit on this one. Bynum has been injured for the last 3 seasons now, and I believe they're all due to knee injuries. That doesn't bode well for any basketball player but especially for a centre and especially for one who's supposed to provide a shot blocking presence and protect the rim.
                i know for sure teams are not allowed to put an injury clause on a player's contract, but doesnt the NBA give the team like a injury exception thing that allows them to sign other players in lieu of the injured player and this will not affect the salary cap?

Comment

I understand. But injuries are part of the game. You cant assume that just because a player had an injury one season, he's gonna be out the next. Hill was close to retiring due to injuries but now he's playing like he's 25 in phoenix. Both Amare and Tmac had microfracture surgeries and are doing good. Oden was doing good until he got hit on the knee. Of course he still has to pass a physical before the raps agree to the trade, but this day and age, im sure the right medical procedure and therapy will give him a lot of good years on the court.

and among the teams that Bosh wants to go, LA is the only one that we can get something we need in return. I think thats the most important thing to consider.
                  I do believe (without use of esp ) that if Bynum were healthy LA would not do the deal. B is much more valuable to the Lakers as their team is currently setup than Bosh. What they truly need is a pg with Kobe getting on and handling the ball so much. Gasol &Bosh have similar games...who would play centre and be the shot block/change threat? The only reason to give him up is that they have serious questions about his longevity and as the poster above mentioned knee problems has a history with Bynum. And yes I understand injuries are part of the game but we must be prudent if there are priors. Re Grant Hill, the Magic (who took a chance) suffered greatly because of his chronic ankle problems. He was never going to get close to max money after that and only short term gigs. Besides much easier for a team to replace a small forward than a starting monster centre. To Grant Hill's credit he worked really hard at constant rehabs and one of the truly good guys in the nba.

As I have written before, this is not just about Bosh. If he tries to saddle Toronto with a deal that is not in the best interests of the franchise and still want the absolute 6 yr max...BC should let him walk. This "Bosh wants to do this" scenario should be treated with disdain unless the Raptors get some viable return.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I do believe (without use of esp ) that if Bynum were healthy LA would not do the deal. B is much more valuable to the Lakers as their team is currently setup than Bosh. What they truly need is a pg with Kobe getting on and handling the ball so much. Gasol &Bosh have similar games...who would play centre and be the shot block/change threat? The only reason to give him up is that they have serious questions about his longevity and as the poster above mentioned knee problems has a history with Bynum. And yes I understand injuries are part of the game but we must be prudent if there are priors. Re Grant Hill, the Magic (who took a chance) suffered greatly because of his chronic ankle problems. He was never going to get close to max money after that and only short term gigs. Besides much easier for a team to replace a small forward than a starting monster centre. To Grant Hill's credit he worked really hard at constant rehabs and one of the truly good guys in the nba.

As I have written before, this is not just about Bosh. If he tries to saddle Toronto with a deal that is not in the best interests of the franchise and still want the absolute 6 yr max...BC should let him walk. This "Bosh wants to do this" scenario should be treated with disdain unless the Raptors get some viable return.
                    oh most definitely bendit. i agree with that too, you dont need ESP for that! hehehe. If Bynum were healthy, why would you give up on a 22 yrs old center with his skills who is healthy? But that is not the scenario here. He is a possibility for a trade because of his current status. Bosh and Pau do have similar games, but Pau is very capable playing as a center. He does take as much as jumpers as Bosh. He plays a lot in the middle and within the 5 foot range.

What you just described in a PG is what they have now in Derek Fisher. Somebody tough to set screens and throw off the other team's PG. Kobe doesnt need a PG on offense. He creates for himself, be it a drive or jumpshot, he creates his own space.

Oh i agree again. I think people are putting too much emphasis on "what Bosh wants". If BC cant get a good enough deal for him, he should let him walk, but i doubt he would. BC likes CB way too much.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jun 11, 2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Why no one is talking about Odom for Bosh trade ?

I live in LA for few years and have seen what people of LA think and what Lakers radio thinks of Bynum. I honestly can not see them trading this guy yet ( Although he has been very disappointing with his injuries). I truly think they will let him have his surgery and rest the summer and see what happens next year. If things does not work out, they might use him to get a guy like Carmelo to come to LA.

But why now the following trades though:

Odom and Sasha for Bosh and Jack

Odom, Sasha and luke for Bosh and Hedo

Odom has been so disappointing, so inconsistence. His numbers this season are very similar to Hedo , maybe even worst than Hedo.

Should Raptor do those trades?

Comment

Working...
                      X