Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default The NFL Thread

We need one. I need to talk football or I get the shakes. I need an intervention or something.

So I took the day off work. I have a bunch of flex days that I can't carry over to the New Year with my regular vac time. I'm here today lazying on the couch watching the American Thanks Giving Day game (one of three):

Green Bay Packers Vs. Detroit Lions

I love American Thanks Giving Day because it falls on a Canadian regular work day, which means my girlfriend isn't around to give him grief about lazying around watching football. Good game so far...For anyone who isn't a dirty Lions fan that is!

I know, I'm horrible but I hate the Lions, what can I say? And they never do anything to ever help themselves. Poor personnel decisions which have led to poor drafting, signing, etc.... I did read yesterday that they're talking with Mike Shanahan. That would be a smart hiring because Mike did a lot of great things in Denver. I have a lot of respect for him and it was sad to start up Madden 10 and for the first time in over a decade not being able to keep a tradition going, selecting Mike's West coast offense scheme for my team.

Back on course, Stafford has been picked three times already today...Which would be great for my Packers if they could move the chains. The Lions are really playing well on D today.

...Rogers just fumbled on 4th and 2... The words I'm thinking right now would make Richard Pryor blush. Anyway, the NFL Thread. Think, post, argue. Let's talk football.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 26th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter because its the Saints year to take it all Apollo.

Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

greenby packers are gonna win that game....especially since stafford is out...

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Doesn't matter because its the Saints year to take it all Apollo.
    Eagles are gonna win it all this year....they will run over the saints in the conference finals...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote A00715890 wrote: View Post
    greenby packers are gonna win that game....especially since stafford is out...
    LOL, I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with this post...

Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    LOL, I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with this post...
    oh get over it!....i spelled green bay wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

My Giants are so sad now. Man, so much for the good start to the season.

Post Thanks / Like

The Saints are looking more and more impressive. They laid the smack down on the Pats last night.

Post Thanks / Like

The Saints are looking more and more impressive. They laid the smack down on the Pats last night.
    I can't get over the Saints offense. To put things in perspective, did you realize last season when Brees threw over 5000 yards, the Saints didn't have one 1000 yard receiver? Much like this season, Colston will be the closest to get to the 1000 yard mark, but that might not even happen. Talk about spreading the offense. Insane how strong this team is right now. *knocks on wood*

Praying that they take it this season. I need a reason to wear my Pat Swilling jersey from back in the Saints hay day of Bobby Herbert, Ruben Mayes and that insane Saints linebacker corps of Swilling, Johnson, Mills and Jackson.

Giants are my team, but I've been a huge Saints fan since the late 80's.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't sure where to post it so I'll do it here. Public props to Doc for opening this sports forum!

Raptors Republic Rookie Babyface_killah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets GO eagles, Were one win away from a first round bye (didn't think they would have the chance for that).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big supporter of the Kansas City Chiefs, unfortunately they suck and the fans in KC deserve much better. They're so bad that I'm actually missing Marty Schottenheimer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I'm a big supporter of the Kansas City Chiefs, unfortunately they suck and the fans in KC deserve much better. They're so bad that I'm actually missing Marty Schottenheimer.
    Why do you support the Chiefs? No insult to the chiefs but why them?

Post Thanks / Like

Jamaal Charles looks like he's going to be a good back. If they can develop a good defense they'll be back in business. They should follow my team's model, the Greenbay Packers. They rebuilt through the draft and now they're just about ready to start dominating the NFC next season.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved watching the Chiefs back in the late 80's and early 90's with Christian Okoye in the back field. That man was a beast and probably the most entertaining RB to watch back then. Well, besides Barry Sanders that is.

Good on ya for the sticking with them Arse.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamaal Charles looks like he's going to be a good back. If they can develop a good defense they'll be back in business. They should follow my team's model, the Greenbay Packers. They rebuilt through the draft and now they're just about ready to start dominating the NFC next season.
    Hey Apollo who do you think has chance to come out the NFC to represent the conference in the Superbowl? Both the Saints and the Viking have shown chinks in the Armour (For the saints all the injuries on defence. I think my eagles have great shot, maybe even your packers as a dark horse.

Post Thanks / Like

BK, after today's 24-0 shutout by Dallas I think Philly is going nowhere in the playoffs. The Packers are the hottest team in the NFC right now. I don't want to be a homer but I am giving them as much a chance as the Saints and Vikings. Call the Packers a dark horse. The Cowboys looked impressive today but they've been far to inconsistent. They have the talent though...

My playoffs rankings:
    1. Vikings
    2. Packers
    3. Saints
    4. Cowbody
    5. Eagles
    6. Cardinals

One final note. The Saints didn't play their starters and now they have a bye week... This decision not to play them today could come around to bite them. That's two weeks off. That's a long time and could mess with their rhythm.

Post Thanks / Like

BK, after today's 24-0 shutout by Dallas I think Philly is going nowhere in the playoffs. The Packers are the hottest team in the NFC right now. I don't want to be a homer but I am giving them as much a chance as the Saints and Vikings. Call the Packers a dark horse. The Cowboys looked impressive today but they've been far to inconsistent. They have the talent though...

My playoffs rankings:
    1. Vikings
    2. Packers
    3. Saints
    4. Cowbody
    5. Eagles
    6. Cardinals

One final note. The Saints didn't play their starters and now they have a bye week... This decision not to play them today could come around to bite them. That's two weeks off. That's a long time and could mess with their rhythm.
    The Packers look solid, They have top 5 D, Top 5 QB, and a decent run game. Still the Cards are the most unpredictable teams in the NFL, I would hate to play them. I might sound even like a bigger homer but I feel my eagles can beat the cowboys (not likely), hopefully Andy Reid and Shawn Mcdermit (sp?) can right this team. I will tell you one thing don't be surprised to see the Vikings and Saints go one and done.

Post Thanks / Like

The Packer played the Cards on Sunday and dominated them on both sides of the ball. Bring'em on.

I'm with you on the Saints. Two weeks off for their starters will spell their doom in my mind. They're going to end up catching a hot team and they're not going to get the advantage of an extra week of game planning because they won't know who the plan for.

One more thought too. I am hoping the Packers get the Vikings in round two. They beat the Pack twice this year but it was while they had major injuries and issues with the O-line. The Packers of right now going into this wild card game are far better than the Packers the Vikings saw. I want payback.
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 5th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow did anybody watch last nights game between the Packers/Cardinals...really entertaining game! All offense and no D. I was hoping for the Packers to move on but oh well, still a great game. Apollo your boy Rodgers was on point, Warner was just better man. That has got to be one of the best QB performances I have seen in the playoffs in years man.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it. Aaron Rodger and the offense did everything humanly possible to keep the team in that game. Standing applause for Kurt Warner, he just finished off one for the history books.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information