Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    so.. ESPN say that 11 of 12 Pats footballs were underinflated.
    Enough is enough. These guys cheat every chance they get. Time to start taking draft picks. Time to start fining the coaches severely.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Enough is enough. These guys cheat every chance they get. Time to start taking draft picks. Time to start fining the coaches.
      If you aren't cheating you aren't trying. Picks and fines is a small price to get to the Superbowl. Blame the Colts for not doing anything. They used the same balls.

Comment

Enough is enough. These guys cheat every chance they get. Time to start taking draft picks. Time to start fining the coaches severely.
        Urm.. well you have a point on this, but still.. if my memory serves me right, Blount scored at least couple rushing TDs. Pretty sure he wouldn't be able to do so with underinflated ball.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          If you aren't cheating you aren't trying.
          I don't say this often but that's bullshit. If you don't have your honor, your integrity, then you don't have anything.

Some are questioning if it gives them an edge at all. My answer to that is the Patriots wouldn't have pulled the stunt, to take the risk, if they didn't feel it was worth the risk.

Comment

I don't say this often but that's bullshit. I think winning with honor and integrity is a priority to most of these people competing. If you don't have your word, your integrity, you don't have anything.
            QB Flopping, Pass interference embellishment what is the line between cheating and trying. Its a game, part of competing is pushing limits of what you can get away with. Player "cheat" in video games by not following the structure presented. Its also the first step to innovation.

Comment

QB Flopping, Pass interference embellishment what is the line between cheating and trying. Its a game, part of competing is pushing limits of what you can get away with. Player "cheat" in video games by not following the structure presented. Its also the first step to innovation.
              When you're in competition with others it's different than doing something by yourself and for yourself. One impacts millions of people and the other impacts only one person.

Deflating footballs so your QB can grip it better than his opponent is not leading to innovation. All its doing is weighting the playing field artificially in their favour.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

When you're in competition with others it's different than doing something by yourself and for yourself. One impacts millions of people and the other impacts only one person.

Deflating footballs so your QB can grip it better than his opponent is not leading to innovation. All its doing is weighting the playing field artificially in their favour.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                Having a rule is meaningless without the ability to enforce compliance. Breaking a rule is a cost benefit analysis. If a coach can advance a round by getting a technical foul and paying a fine the cost is lower than the benefit. The opponent had an opportunity to challenge during the game.

Comment

If you aren't cheating you aren't trying. Picks and fines is a small price to get to the Superbowl. Blame the Colts for not doing anything. They used the same balls.
                  No, the Colts had their own balls....as I understand the process calls for each team to provide 12 balls to the umpires before the game for approval. This was given. At half time during acheck it was discovered that 11 of 12 NE balls were under inflated by approx 2 psi. It is alleged now that neither Belichick nor Brady either knew or felt the change. My incredulity meter just malfunctioned.

Comment

• Go Hawks?
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• 9 days left.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        No, the Colts had their own balls....as I understand the process calls for each team to provide 12 balls to the umpires before the game for approval. This was given. At half time during acheck it was discovered that 11 of 12 NE balls were under inflated by approx 2 psi. It is alleged now that neither Belichick nor Brady either knew or felt the change. My incredulity meter just malfunctioned.
                        There is a video floating around of Jerome Bettis and another guy, who I can't remember, and they were given a blind test. They had to guess the overinflated ball(15), the regulation ball(13) and the under-inflated ball(11). They got all three correct and basically said the under inflated ball coud be more easily gripped, could be thrown further, with more accuracy and would be far more difficult to be striped away.

In a cold, rainy game you have to think this advantage would be much larger than studio conditions.

Comment

• Hahahha. this Belichick's press. conf.

Comment

There is a video floating around of Jerome Bettis and another guy, who I can't remember, and they were given a blind test. They had to guess the overinflated ball(15), the regulation ball(13) and the under-inflated ball(11). They got all three correct and basically said the under inflated ball coud be more easily gripped, could be thrown further, with more accuracy and would be far more difficult to be striped away.

In a cold, rainy game you have to think this advantage would be much larger than studio conditions.
                            I heard a unique perspective....that the ball was deflated because....this would help the running backs the most (not the qb as is being surmised). Especially in wet weather. Belichick goes ape when the rbs fumble...and the ratio of carries vs fumbles is apparently lowest for the Patriots in the last few years. This needs to be verified of course....but how about them nuts?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I heard a unique perspective....that the ball was deflated because....this would help the running backs the most (not the qb as is being surmised). Especially in wet weather. Belichick goes ape when the rbs fumble...and the ratio of carries vs fumbles is apparently lowest for the Patriots in the last few years. This needs to be verified of course....but how about them nuts?
                              Belichick goes by the old motto "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Belichick goes by the old motto "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"
                                That is America's motto. Dont blame Belichick.

From baseball to Wall. St. Be the best you can be....any which way.

Comment

Working...
                                X