No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Johnson has requested a trade and reports suggest the Texans will try to trade him and if there is no luck they will cut him. The Ravens is one team they may be a great fit. The 49ers and Patriots also make sense.

Looks like my Packers will be saying goodbye to Randall Cobb. The Raiders seem to be a team that will opt to break the bank to lure him into mediocrity... Good thing the Packers spent two picks last year on WR's; Adams looks like the real deal.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      This means CJ is probably going to sign with the Jets as rumored. I don't know if McCoy gets it going in Buffalo or not. They don't have a great line and teams are gonna stack the box unless the Bills figure out how to get it down field to those young stud receivers.
      They got Richie Incognito to bolster their line! haha Now they traded picks for Matt Cassell... Not sure what's going on up there. The more I think about the McCoy deal, the better I think it is for Buffalo

Comment

• We can legitimately ask the question, was McCoy a product of the Chip Kelly system?

I think he goes into Buffalo and disappoints in his first season. He's learning a new system, he has a mediocre line and insufficient air support. RB's are "good" when talent meets good opportunity. I don't think Buffalo is a good opportunity and if the guy doesn't have people to block and create lanes then there won't be room to run. If the offense cannot punish teams who stack the box via the air then he's not going to have room to run. Matt Cassell isn't going to set fear into any DC in the league.

Maybe the Bills draft a QB, who knows, but Manuel and Cassell are not the answer, that's for sure. You don't win with journeymen level QB's. The Bills have a lot of work to do this off-season.

Comment

• Brandon Marshall to the Jets for a 5th rounders. Harvin is as good as done there. I think Harvin's best decision would be to go play with a guy like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but he'll probably go to the highest bidder(Raiders or Jags?).

Lots of trades this off-season.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Andre Johnson has requested a trade and reports suggest the Texans will try to trade him and if there is no luck they will cut him. The Ravens is one team they may be a great fit. The 49ers and Patriots also make sense.

Looks like my Packers will be saying goodbye to Randall Cobb. The Raiders seem to be a team that will opt to break the bank to lure him into mediocrity... Good thing the Packers spent two picks last year on WR's; Adams looks like the real deal.
            Would be surprised to see Baltimore trade for Johnson. If he gets cut, they'll pounce (that's what Ozzie always does to help maximize supplementary picks earned). Hopefully he gets cut.

Hope Cobb knows what he is doing, he was a key part of my dynasty team. Thankfully I was smart enough to pick up Adams on the way as a Plan B. Cobb is best suited for the slot, not sure moving into a bigger role is a good idea for him, but money talks.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              The more I look at the draft, the more I want Garret Grayson (Colorado State) in a Bucs uniform. By far the best pocket QB in the draft. Stay away from Winston, thank you. Please. Mariota looks promising, but I'm worried about a mobile QB in a system like this. Grayson will do well under Lovie. A Pocket QB with a great arm and doesn't make many mistakes. Very accurate too. All he needs is to improve his timing on throws, like Brady did. I have no doubt Grayson is gonna be a solid QB. Most likely the Wilson of this draft.

Also, I hope the Browns are smart and use Connor Shaw in preseason against McCown. The kid has the drive to succeed. He looked great in the games he played last year. He has the skills to help them win. Manziel was a bust, and McCown should be there as a mentor only. Give Shaw the reins and you'll see success.

I know I'm going on a rant here, but I'm bored and I wanna talk sports. This is how I do so when I have nothing else to do.
              Not a Bucs fan, so I really don't care what they do. I think Jameis is more sincere about everything than Manziel was last year, but red flags are still red flags. Mariota is a bit over-rated I think.

Odd that you refer to Grayson as the "best pocket QB in the draft" and then compare him to Russell Wilson, who's best on the move.

Hoping the Browns to do something smart is like hoping for pigs to fly. They are a mess from the owner (fraud charges), to the GM (illegal texting) to the players (rehab, drug suspensions). A joke of a franchise.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Not a Bucs fan, so I really don't care what they do. I think Jameis is more sincere about everything than Manziel was last year, but red flags are still red flags. Mariota is a bit over-rated I think.

Odd that you refer to Grayson as the "best pocket QB in the draft" and then compare him to Russell Wilson, who's best on the move.

Hoping the Browns to do something smart is like hoping for pigs to fly. They are a mess from the owner (fraud charges), to the GM (illegal texting) to the players (rehab, drug suspensions). A joke of a franchise.
                1. More in the fact I feel Grayson is gonna go in the 3rd round like Wilson did and is the underrated guy of this draft class. No-one thought Wilson was gonna be a starting QB. Look at him now.

2. That's very true about the Browns. But seriously, look at film of Shaw. The guy may not have the strongest arm, but he has everything else he needs. You put him in a good system and he'll flourish.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  1. More in the fact I feel Grayson is gonna go in the 3rd round like Wilson did and is the underrated guy of this draft class. No-one thought Wilson was gonna be a starting QB. Look at him now.

2. That's very true about the Browns. But seriously, look at film of Shaw. The guy may not have the strongest arm, but he has everything else he needs. You put him in a good system and he'll flourish.
                  Again though, the Browns are a mess. Plus he'd be a rookie in one of the best defensive divisions in football. If you want him to land somewhere to be successful, Cleveland should be near the bottom of that list. Chiefs would be a good option, or even Arizona.

Comment

• Man i really wanted Cobb
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Looks like the Cowboys should be able to retain DeMarco. It appears to have been a wise gamble by old Uncle Jerrah!

It's been a pretty crazy few days, lots of new faces in new places.

Comment

• Gore backed just out on the Eagles and so now they're in great need of a RB again. Maybe they turn their attention to DeMarco now?

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Man i really wanted Cobb
                        Yeah, all those rumors turned out to be bogus; four years, $40M and staying at home. I don't know how the Packers earned the reputation as being cheap. I mean do these writers realize how much they're paying Aaron Rodgers? Looks what they're paying old man Peppers.

Anyway, if Andre Johnson is smart he'll opt to go talk to the Patriots. He can have "#1 status there" while suiting up in an offense that spreads it around yet wins championships. Him and Tom probably have the same expiry date as well so it makes sense.

Comment

• I'm hearing Andre Johnson is a good bet to end up in Baltimore. I rrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyy hope he doesn't got to the Cheatriots. I've loved watching him since he came into the league and would hate to see him go there.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I'm hearing Andre Johnson is a good bet to end up in Baltimore. I rrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyy hope he doesn't got to the Cheatriots. I've loved watching him since he came into the league and would hate to see him go there.
                            He makes sense in NE, if he's smart he'll go there... Which probably means he won't go there
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'm hearing Andre Johnson is a good bet to end up in Baltimore. I rrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyy hope he doesn't got to the Cheatriots. I've loved watching him since he came into the league and would hate to see him go there.
                              I read this morning that he has interest in the four teams and they were all in the AFC & NFC championship games last season. That's right, the Packers are on the list. I don't see him going to the Packers though because the Packers just forked out serious coin on Cobb and they also have Adams as their third guy. They're stacked at WR.

My money is still on the Patriots.

Comment

Baltimore definitely makes sense. They need someone to replace Torrey Smith. Johnson would join a veteran group with a real QB (no more Fitzpatrick and Mallet) and a serious chance to win. I think he'll look at the success that Steve Smith had last year and follow suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X