No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whether he comes to play or not, he'll be more of a presence than michael jenkins or harry douglas had out on the field. if that keeps defensives honest and not completely centred around turner and white, i'm more than cool with the gamble. IMO we have enough youth on the team where we can take that type of chance. we're taking boldin-fitz possibilities with a legit running game.

Comment

• Gave waaaaay to much for him. That's what you trade up for a franchise QB with, not a wr with a history of injuries.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• funkie wrote: View Post
        whether he comes to play or not, he'll be more of a presence than michael jenkins or harry douglas had out on the field. if that keeps defensives honest and not completely centred around turner and white, i'm more than cool with the gamble. IMO we have enough youth on the team where we can take that type of chance. we're taking boldin-fitz possibilities with a legit running game.
        If he doesn't come to play, teams are going to start lagging off of him and focusing back on White, negating the whole reason for the trade. It's a gutsy move by Dimitrioff, Smith and Blank, but if Jones comes through, it works out fantastically. Risky, but in my opinion, I think it's a good calculated risk.

Comment

• The only dark spot on the Packers' finished season was Aaron Rodgers getting a concussion. While he got it but diving head first on a scramble there were many times last year where he was hit hard in the pocket. Years past he's been running for his life. The head office has been fixing this issue slowly but steady internally. This first rounder is just another example of this. I hope they can get another impact blocker as well.

I still expect them to draft at least one RB and a couple secondary players.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Gave waaaaay to much for him. That's what you trade up for a franchise QB with, not a wr with a history of injuries.
            If he turns out to have Terrell Owens ability then all will be forgotten. It does seem like a lot though... Still, him and Roddy White... Damn that's scary.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              The only dark spot on the Packers' finished season was Aaron Rodgers getting a concussion. While he got it but diving head first on a scramble there were many times last year where he was hit hard in the pocket. Years past he's been running for his life. The head office has been fixing this issue slowly but steady internally. This first rounder is just another example of this. I hope they can get another impact blocker as well.

Sherrod was a good pick. Very smart player. Him and Bryan Bulaga are nice bookends.

Comment

If he turns out to have Terrell Owens ability then all will be forgotten. It does seem like a lot though... Still, him and Roddy White... Damn that's scary.
                Problem is they could've sat pat and taken a guy like Baldwin, Hankerson or Cobb. They traded 2 1's a 2 and 2 4's for a #2 receiver. That's absolutely insane.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The only dark spot on the Packers' finished season was Aaron Rodgers getting a concussion. While he got it but diving head first on a scramble there were many times last year where he was hit hard in the pocket. Years past he's been running for his life. The head office has been fixing this issue slowly but steady internally. This first rounder is just another example of this. I hope they can get another impact blocker as well.

Leshoure is still available!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The Packers made another smart choice in shoring up their receiving crop. Donald Driver is running on fumes. Randall Cobb might be his successor.

Comment

• The rb you picked is good, too. Extremely valuable as a 3rd down back.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Raiders back to their old antics
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The rb you picked is good, too. Extremely valuable as a 3rd down back.
                          Yeah! James Starks, Alexander Green and maybe Ryan Grant and Bradon Jackson. They should be able to find a decent run game this year. Their first three picks have been to enhance the offense. It makes sense seeing how their defense was surprisingly better than their offense last year.

If Alexander Green can have a career impact even close to Ahman Green then it would have been an excellent choice... They're different kinds of backs, just figured I'd throw that out there.

Comment

• The Packers added a lot of depth today.I am happy with what they did. If they can stay healthy, look out.

Comment

Raiders back to their old antics
                              At least they got the best name in the draft: Chimdi Chekwa, CB out of OSU. I hope the silver and black continue where they left off last season, my buddy is a long time sufferer!

Rumor has my uncle Jerrah Jones going after Huff and or Asamougah once free agency starts. I`d be happy to have either in my secondary right now. I couldn`t believe the `Boys didn`t address that situation so much in the draft, but then again there were no real studs aside from Peterson and Amukamara.

I`m happy with the players we got overall though, looking for a strong comeback this season... just gotta forget about last season like it never happened!

Comment

• Trust me when I say you don't want Huff
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X