No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol line is already dropping Seattle vs Pats.

Down even more! To 1.5 now. per covers.com... Somebody is putting serious $$ on the Pats.
    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Jan 18, 2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Bostick will forever be the guy who headbutted an onside kick and cost the Packers a trip to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Bostick will forever be the guy who headbutted an onside kick and cost the Packers a trip to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
        Not all his fault, but mostly his fault.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• No, all his fault. They had the lead and if not for that play they probably would have won as Seattle only had a single timeout left. Bostick was instructed to go out there and block to allow Jordy Nelson to make the play. If you go look at the replay you'll note that while the football is hitting Bostick right between his eyes, Jordy Nelson is waiting ready to make the play right behind him.

Comment

No, all his fault. They had the lead and if not for that play they probably would have won as Seattle only had a single timeout left. Bostick was instructed to go out there and block to allow Jordy Nelson to make the play. If you go look at the replay you'll note that while the football is hitting Bostick right between his eyes, Jordy Nelson is waiting ready to make the play right behind him.
            My condolences. That must have been terrible to take for a Packers fan. All you say about that play is correct except (imo) that with a qb like Rodgers....not 100% and all...to not put Seattle away with 4 takeaways from Wilson is really bad game-planning. There should have been a bit more risk taking on offence when they were up and could have put the game away. There was also the early FG on 4th & 1 at the 1...not making it would have still kept Seattle pinned at their own line. Hasnt McCarthy always been a conservative coach?

Comment

• Both defenses played really well. You can pick apart how the Packers played the game a whole, sure but the fact is there was less than two minutes left, the Seahawks only had one timeout, Bostick was supposed to be blocking, the Packers had the ball surrounded and the only guy to break in and take possession was the guy Bostick should have been blocking. If Bostick didn't go rogue on the play the Packer probably win. Instead Bostick jumped for the ball and it hit him square between the eyes. His man then grabbed the ball.

I get what you're saying but without that one play the Packers win. It just so happens to be play where Bostick disobeyed orders. He admitted it after the game. He F'd up and cost his team the win. Kickers get cut for blowing games like this.

Comment

Both defenses played really well. You can pick apart how the Packers played the game a whole, sure but the fact is there was less than two minutes left, the Seahawks only had one timeout, Bostick was supposed to be blocking, the Packers had the ball surrounded and the only guy to break in and take possession was the guy Bostick should have been blocking. If Bostick didn't go rogue on the play the Packer probably win. Instead Bostick jumped for the ball and it hit him square between the eyes. His man then grabbed the ball.

I get what you're saying but without that one play the Packers win. It just so happens to be play where Bostick disobeyed orders. He admitted it after the game. He F'd up and cost his team the win. Kickers get cut for blowing games like this.
                It's precisely because of the uncertainty which comes with reactionary end of game plays that I suggested that maybe GB were too conservative in their offense thru the game. I sometimes personally dislike when Belichick runs up the score (especially in regular season games)...but what NE did to the Colts is something what I was attempting to describe. Anyway, what Bostick did I have seen many many times.....he reacted when he thought he could corral the ball (it hit him in the face) but didnt....no different when players try to pick up a fumble and run ...when they are taught to just fall on the ball and smother it. I personally always find it difficult in a high action game to place a loss solely for one messed up play at the end...with one exception....the kicker missing a 35 yd or less with all conditions in his favour. It was just him who messed the kick.Those should be automatic....no explanation but he choked.

btw, Bostick stood in the room and took it bravely and admitting his mistake. Thats sports. Cant be so hard on him.

Comment

• He was told not to play the ball and he knows hes a blocker. He said as much in the interview. I've seen a million onside kicks where the blockers block and the play makers make the play. Other players who make bone head plays does not excuse him and coaches aren't going to give a damn about these other guys who did the same and probably aren't in the league anymore. He's a pro for now and so he needs to act like one in the future if he's still in the league.

Comment

• I think the thing that allowed Seattle to stay in the game was Green Bay getting Field Goals and not touchdowns on their two early red zone plays, right on the goaline.

Comment

• Staying in the game and winning the game are two different things.

Comment

• Bostick really screwed up, like, phenomenally, but i'd say the packers lost more because Mccarthy played not to lose rather than play to win. it's a stupid cliche but it's true.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Superb Owl TIME!!!!!
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Comment

• so.. ESPN say that 11 of 12 Pats footballs were underinflated.

Comment

• DEFLATE-GATE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!l!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X