No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did admit to being there right at the end of the trial after is was proven very clearly that he was there. That was his Hail Mary pass. Pick six by the prosecutors.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      He did admit to being there right at the end of the trial after is was proven very clearly that he was there. That was his Hail Mary pass. Pick six by the prosecutors.
      The Matt Schaub special.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Any QB in Oakland since Rich Gannon special.

Comment

• So the Philip Rivers to Titans for #2 (and likely to draft Mariota) rumours will not die.

So RR NFL-ites, 3 questions for you:

1. Do you make this trade if you are SD?
          2. Do you make this trade if you are Tennessee?
          3. Will this trade happen?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            So the Philip Rivers to Titans for #2 (and likely to draft Mariota) rumours will not die.

My thoughts:

1. If I were SD and comfortable with either Mariota or Winston (an entirely different question), then I absolutely make this deal. Rivers is 33 yrs old, with zero notable playoff accomplishments (zero Superbowl wins, or appearances). His window as an NFL QB is likely 3-5 years left. SD has a high chance of moving the team to Los Angeles, and having an older QB without playoff success, doesn't breed excitement in a new fan base as much as a highly touted rookie. The cap savings from Rivers to a rookie scale deal, would allow the team to really address other areas with impact players.

Trading a franchise leader in many QB categories isn't easy, but this isn't like trading Brady, Rodgers or Manning (either one). Rivers has been a very good to great QB depending on the season, but he isn't worth holding on to.

2. Tennessee is a harder call imo. They aren't a great team and haven't been for a while. Adding Rivers, definitely gives them the best shot at winning right now, but is that shot good enough. Do they have enough talent elsewhere on the roster to make this move enough to put them into the playoffs? I'd say 50-50 chance with Rivers. The coach is starting to feel the temperature rise, so he'd love to have a vet QB at the helm. As the GM, guess it depends on my own sense of safety.

3. I don't think the deal will happen, but I think it should. I think SD is too conservative (which is possibly why they have never gotten over the hump from good to great).

Comment

Hernandez did admit to being there, didn't he? Thought I saw something about the surprise that Hernandez admitted to being there (or perhaps it was just to fighting with the victim that night at the club). Will try to find link to confirm.
              Yes, he did admit. Your bold in my last post was a comment on the surprise expressed in some posts about the jury verdict. The state law vs federal law in the US also throws confusion into the understanding sometimes by #Wethenorth.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Yes, he did admit. Your bold in my last post was a comment on the surprise expressed in some posts about the jury verdict. The state law vs federal law in the US also throws confusion into the understanding sometimes by #Wethenorth.
                Are you a lawyer or just dabble in random state laws?

Comment

Are you a lawyer or just dabble in random state laws?
                  http://facts.randomhistory.com/crazy-laws.html

It's a good thing he wasn't convicted in Texas...they'd be preparing the chair for his bbq

Comment

So the Philip Rivers to Titans for #2 (and likely to draft Mariota) rumours will not die.

Well considering Rivers wants out, you have to do something. Landing the #2 overall pick the draft for a guy with limited time left sounds like a good deal to me for the Chargers.

If I'm Tennessee, no, I do not make this trade and I don't draft Mariota at #2 either.

It will be more complicated but I could see it going down because GM's are willing to take huge gambles when it comes to QBs; both teams have nothing else to fall back on really.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Well considering Rivers wants out, you have to do something. Landing the #2 overall pick the draft for a guy with limited time left sounds like a good deal to me for the Chargers.

If I'm Tennessee, no, I do not make this trade and I don't draft Mariota at #2 either.

It will be more complicated but I could see it going down because GM's are willing to take huge gambles when it comes to QBs; both teams have nothing else to fall back on really.
                      Who would you draft at #2?

Comment

i hope they take Leonard Williams so the Raiders don't
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i hope they take Leonard Williams so the Raiders don't
                          You don't like Williams? I think he looks pretty good but I don't scour the NFL draft as close.

As a Ravens fan, I've just kind of accepted "In Ozzie We Trust" and don't worry too much about the draft (basically the opposite of my Raptors draft relationship).

Comment

Axel, I can't divulge that sort of info. Team Apollo does not share their scouting reports with the rest of the league. We have a dynasty in the making to think about after all.

I will say this, a QB pick is the most likely high pick to bust and Marcus Mariota is not worth the risk at #2, not with can't miss guys on the board who can improve most of these stinky teams. I'm not a huge fan of the QB prospects this season.

Comment

You don't like Williams? I think he looks pretty good but I don't scour the NFL draft as close.

As a Ravens fan, I've just kind of accepted "In Ozzie We Trust" and don't worry too much about the draft (basically the opposite of my Raptors draft relationship).
                              not really. i find him kind of overrated. his pass rush is REALLY overrated.

personally, i want either cooper or beasley.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                not really. i find him kind of overrated. his pass rush is REALLY overrated.

personally, i want either cooper or beasley.
                                Raiders still have so many needs, they could go any of 5 players and wouldn't be the wrong pick (unlike years past).

Comment

Working...
                                X