No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seahawks have been accused of this in the past but nothing was ever proven. Louder the crowd, the harder it is for other teams to call plays or hear the snap count.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The Seahawks have been accused of this in the past but nothing was ever proven. Louder the crowd, the harder it is for other teams to call plays or hear the snap count.
      I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist on how certain owners are given extra sway on some of the going-ons under their watch. Example: Jones/Dallas, Kraft/Patriots, Allen/Seahawks are some of the most "powerful" owners in the NFL. They are handled with gloved hands...by Goodell at least. While the Atlanta guy gets slapped around a bit to show that the NFL is on top of business. I heard something potentially explosive today...that Hernandez (on trial in Boston) smoked as much as an oz of dope everyday...thruout the year/season, ostensibly took the drug tests and never apparently failed one while Gordon of the Browns got nabbed on numerous occasions and banned for a year. So, what is it? The drugs tests are a bs exercise or Hernandez escaped punitive action because Kraft may have interceded?

That 12th man noise-thing in Seattle may well be enhanced.

Comment

• Aaron Hernandez & Roger Staubach

So the jury is now deliberating their verdict in the Aaron Hernandez murder trial. What we know:
        • There is no murder weapon
        • There is no witness to the murder
        • There is no established motive for the murder
        • The defense attorney is claiming Herdandez witnessed the murder
        • There is a great deal of circumstantial evidence presented against Aaron Hernandez

My guess is it is more likely that he is cleared or we see a hung jury. It is difficult to convict someone of murder when you have no weapon, witness or motive. My gut tells me he did it but can't it be proven without a shadow of a doubt? No. Is it possible that his friends did it? Yes.

Even if he is cleared I don't think there is even a remote chance that he ever plays football again. Not with the damaging testimony of his drug usage while he was playing football. This whole trial has made the NFL brass look like a bunch of idiots.

I think the NFL needs a new commissioner. The should go and hire someone like Roger Staubach. The man is arguably the most talented QB to ever play the game and a proven winner on both the field and in the world of business. Not to mention that he is loved like few others in America. Everyone loves Roger and he would give the league a huge face lift.

Comment

So the jury is now deliberating their verdict in the Aaron Hernandez murder trial. What we know:
          • There is no murder weapon
          • There is no witness to the murder
          • There is no established motive for the murder
          • The defense attorney is claiming Herdandez witnessed the murder
          • There is a great deal of circumstantial evidence presented against Aaron Hernandez

My guess is it is more likely that he is cleared or we see a hung jury. It is difficult to convict someone of murder when you have no weapon, witness or motive. My gut tells me he did it but can't it be proven without a shadow of a doubt? No. Is it possible that his friends did it? Yes.

Even if he is cleared I don't think there is even a remote chance that he ever plays football again. Not with the damaging testimony of his drug usage while he was playing football. This whole trial has made the NFL brass look like a bunch of idiots.

I think the NFL needs a new commissioner. The should go and hire someone like Roger Staubach. The man is arguably the most talented QB to ever play the game and a proven winner on both the field and in the world of business. Not to mention that he is loved like few others in America. Everyone loves Roger and he would give the league a huge face lift.
          Guarantee that at least one team will reach out to Hernandez next season to kick the tires. Not saying he gets signed, or if even eligible, but someone will reach out to agent/have a private workout.

I'm not sure that changing the commissioner will actually change all the shenanigans that go on, but bringing in someone who actually has a personality would go a long way to regaining public trust. People dislike Goodell because he is a smug SOB who isn't "approachable". Bringing in someone more "lovable" would be huge.

Let's be honest, the NFL is a money maker, regardless of who is running the show. So yes, the owners love money and might not want to disrupt that, but anyone could make money running the NFL.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Guarantee that at least one team will reach out to Hernandez next season to kick the tires. Not saying he gets signed, or if even eligible, but someone will reach out to agent/have a private workout.

I'm not sure that changing the commissioner will actually change all the shenanigans that go on, but bringing in someone who actually has a personality would go a long way to regaining public trust. People dislike Goodell because he is a smug SOB who isn't "approachable". Bringing in someone more "lovable" would be huge.

Let's be honest, the NFL is a money maker, regardless of who is running the show. So yes, the owners love money and might not want to disrupt that, but anyone could make money running the NFL.
            Shame. Are you not impressed with the bear hug he inflicts on each first round draftee?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Shame. Are you not impressed with the bear hug he inflicts on each first round draftee?[/SIZE]
              haha, amazingly not.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Roger Staubach is known for have great integrity and going above and beyond the call of duty. That's why I picked him because if anyone could clean it up it would be him. He's probably too old to handle such a burden however.

Image alone though, it would be a huge face lift.

Comment

Roger Staubach is known for have great integrity and going above and beyond the call of duty. That's why I picked him because if anyone could clean it up it would be him. He's probably too old to handle such a burden however.

Image alone though, it would be a huge face lift.
                  I think someone younger is definitely needed. I don't really have any names, but in the way that Adam Silver seems like progress from David Stern (and I liked Stern), that is what the NFL needs.

Comment

• Hmmmm, maybe someone like Jon Gruden. He's one of the most knowledgeable football minds in the world, highly respected and highly charismatic.

Comment

Hmmmm, maybe someone like Jon Gruden. He's one of the most knowledgeable football minds in the world, highly respected and highly charismatic.
                      He would be a very interesting choice. My only concern with him is that he hasn't been out of coaching that long. Some teams might have concerns regarding fairness (you know Raiders fans would complain).

But he certainly has a lot of the qualities I would look for. And while he has passed on coaching opportunities to stay on TV, hard to believe he would pass up that job just to stay on TV.

I like it.

Comment

• He's been out six years. When is enough? The Raiders were rumored courting him to come back not too long ago and then there was this: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/26/jon...akland-raiders

I don't think anyone who is in good health would turn down this job. Just the annual salary alone... Wow.

Comment

He's been out six years. When is enough? The Raiders were rumored courting him to come back not too long ago and then there was this: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/26/jon...akland-raiders

I don't think anyone who is in good health would turn down this job. Just the annual salary alone... Wow.
                          6 years, which means lots of former players, assistants (coaches), and bosses (GMs, Presidents, Owners) are still active in the league. Hence my hesitation. Would he discipline a player he coached the same as a player he never met? Blurred lines is the last thing the NFL needs right now.

Comment

• Jon Gruden doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to show that sort of favoritism.

Comment

Jon Gruden doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to show that sort of favoritism.
                              Doesn't matter, what's the public perception going to be? Perception is reality with things like this.

Comment

Doesn't matter, what's the public perception going to be? Perception is reality with things like this.
                                Thinking along those lines, the NFL I believe would be well served to hire an African-American for the position. I am not advocating that the individual be a lesser in any ability required for the position but considering the percentage makeup of players in the NFL such an individual would be of much value to all the stake holders. Surely having a football background is not mandatory for the job of commissioner. Now imagine Bettman on a breakaway or Stern dribble his way for a layup. Come to think of it Bettman might be a good choice...he'd jump at the raise and his resume is generally impeccable as far as making money for the owners and retaining a positive image for his league.

Comment

Working...
                                X