No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they still sign Ryan Mathews as well. So they now have Murray, Mathews and Sproles. Who the hell is catching the ball on that team?

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Man do the Colts look scary for next year now. Locking up a top WR like that just makes that team way better.
      Can you honestly remember a team being significantly improved from a bunch of vet signings?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Cowboys Ink McFadden - 2 Yr. Deal - Worth Up To $6M

Run DMC is the the new starter in Dallas? I'm sure it will be easier rushing for the Cowboys than the Raiders but he looked horrible last year. The Raiders had one of the worst rushing attacks in the league. I didn't even know he was an FA this off-season.

McFadden, 27, has been working out at Michael Johnson Performance in McKinney, Texas.

He had 534 yards on 155 carries in 2014 and has averaged 3.4 or fewer per carry for the past three seasons. His 3.34 yards-per-carry average over the last three seasons is the second-fewest among qualified players behind Trent Richardson (3.31), who was recently released by the Indianapolis Colts, and just ahead of Jones-Drew (3.62).

The Cowboys are hoping that playing behind an offensive line that features three Pro Bowlers (Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin) and is considered one of the best lines in football will finally see him produce the way the Raiders expected when they took him in the first round of the 2008 draft.

The Cowboys selected McFadden's Arkansas running mate, Felix Jones, in the first round of the 2008 draft, but he had a difficult time staying healthy, didn't produce a 1,000-yard season and eventually lost his job to Murray.

I tell you who they should go out and overspend on(which wouldn't be much spending at all): Ridley. They're not going to find a power rusher of his ability now but they're have to take the risk he's going to be ready for camp.

Comment

• My timing is uncanny:

With DeMarco Murray out of the picture in Dallas, the Cowboys and free agent running back Stevan Ridley have mutual interest, though a deal does not appear imminent, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe on Friday.

Ridley tore his ACL in the sixth game last season and finished with 340 rushing yards and two touchdowns. He has rushed for 2,817 yards and 22 touchdowns in his four-year career with the Patriots.

Comment

• I think the Cowboys like Randle at RB, he showed flashes when given opportunity last year. He's gotta keep it together off the field though... DMC is worth a gamble I suppose behind this O-line. Jerry would have killed for him in that draft, but settled for Felix at the time. I'm not too concerned about the O at all... I wanna see defensive signings! Fairly or Hardy would be a nice start.

Comment

• Spiller to New Orleans on a four year deal.

Comment

• The NFL Salary Cap makes absolutely no sense to me. Lol They have some CRAZY rules for what you can do with contracts.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  The NFL Salary Cap makes absolutely no sense to me. Lol They have some CRAZY rules for what you can do with contracts.
                  It is pretty crazy... guys can essentially just be cut at any time, that's why the "guaranteed" money is so important to them.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    It is pretty crazy... guys can essentially just be cut at any time, that's why the "guaranteed" money is so important to them.
                    Man, I just read an article where the Colts were able to void a dudes contract because he missed a walk-through, due to the fact his wife had complications with her pregnancy.

Oh, and that apparently they can fine somebody up to like $600-per pound they are over weight.. Amazing.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      The NFL Salary Cap makes absolutely no sense to me. Lol They have some CRAZY rules for what you can do with contracts.
                      Yeah, its complicated. I like how the NFL does it though. Unless the player is elite at his position or there is a limited supply, he's not going to get big bonus money and guarantees. That means players are very disposable. You don't see many teams getting killed long term by a single or couple bad contracts like you do in the NBA where the whole contract is guaranteed; players really need to live up to the level of play they were at when they earned the deal. Also, players and owners are free to open up the contract at anytime and rework the numbers. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning for example have shuffled around or reduced their deals to allow their owners to go out and improve the team. At the same time, owners have restructured players deals to give them a raise(ie: like when McCoy got to Buffalo earlier in the month).

The Eagles really rolled the dice on Murray though. History would tell you Murray is on borrowed time when you look at his workload and his age for the position. He could start breaking down in camp or during the regular season. He has a huge amount of guaranteed money on the books. If he goes down early they're pretty much f'd.

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Man, I just read an article where the Colts were able to void a dudes contract because he missed a walk-through, due to the fact his wife had complications with her pregnancy.

Oh, and that apparently they can fine somebody up to like $600-per pound they are over weight.. Amazing.
                      Some players have high contracts but they're incentive loaded, meaning they have to go out there and perform really well or meet certain expectations. It can be playing time(games played) oriented whereby the coach could opt to just bench the guy to screw him out of the bonus money(if he's acting like an ass for example and they're soon to part ways). Then you got guys on "prove it" deals where they're being paid well but they have no safety net (guaranteed money) whereby the team can cut the guy anytime, no questions asked even if they're injured.

When you consider how many guys are on each roster, a CBA like the NBA's would derail the NFL.

Comment

• Kenny Stills to the the Dolphins. Wow the Saints got hosed on that one. Stills is a 23 year deep threat with two years left on his rookie deal. You don't find them much cheaper than that for a 3rd rounder and a role player.

Comment

• Percy Harvin to the Bills... Can they get off the schneid and into the playoffs for the first time since to turn of the millennium? I'm rotting for them!

Comment

• Anyway, I'm just hearing about this T Rich fiasco. Somehow this one got past me.

So let me get this straight. The guy misses a meeting or practice and the team flight due to an emergency involving his PREGNANT girlfriend. They chose to suspend him two games for that, release him and argue they don't need to pay my him $3M for his final year on his guaranteed rookie contract?

That is ridiculous. Yeah he's a disappointing player, yeah the Colts were stupid and got hosed by the Browns in the deal (seriously? That's like getting duped by a toddler) but it's time for them to man the hell up. Pay the man and let him walk.

If you put Andrew Luck in that same situation there would be a press conference about how thankful they are that his girlfriend was OK. This was all clearly the Colts taking advantage of a series of unfortunate events to save $3M. I think they lose the grievance and walk away looking like insensitive assholes.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Anyway, I'm just hearing about this T Rich fiasco. Somehow this one got past me.

So let me get this straight. The guy misses a meeting or practice and the team flight due to an emergency involving his PREGNANT girlfriend. They chose to suspend him two games for that, release him and argue they don't need to pay my him $3M for his final year on his guaranteed rookie contract?

That is ridiculous. Yeah he's a disappointing player, yeah the Colts were stupid and got hosed by the Browns in the deal (seriously? That's like getting duped by a toddler) but it's time for them to man the hell up. Pay the man and let him walk.

If you put Andrew Luck in that same situation there would be a press conference about how thankful they are that his girlfriend was OK. This was all clearly the Colts taking advantage of a series of unfortunate events to save $3M. I think they lose the grievance and walk away looking like insensitive assholes.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                              Ya that's the one I was talking about. Haha Glad to hear that's not run-of-mill for the NFL... or is it? Lol

As I understood it, one of the clauses for them to void his contract, was if he ever got suspended.. so right at the end of the year, they look for the most bullshit excuse to suspend the guy which just so happened to be a way for them to save $3M ... that's some slimy businessing.

The NBA Players Association would be ALLLLL over that.. I haven't really read anything saying the same for this guy.
                              Last edited by Joey; Sat Mar 14, 2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Meanwhile, I think think Ray Rice's intial suspension was only two games and the league wasn't going to do a thing at first with AP.

Comment

Working...
                                X