Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Argos got destroyed.
    get used to it. especially with lemon at qb.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Lemon's horrible. It's suprising that Barker kept with a guy who's only season at the helm of a team went 1-15.

Classic Grey Cup match in the perfect setting.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        Lemon's horrible. It's suprising that Barker kept with a guy who's only season at the helm of a team went 1-15.

Classic Grey Cup match in the perfect setting.
        ya, third string qb in the nfl and he's like 31,

... the 13th man
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I think Saskatchewan takes it..but it'll be close. Weather will be a huge factor.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I think Saskatchewan takes it..but it'll be close. Weather will be a huge factor.
            don't like montreal, but i want saskatchewan to lose again, just because it would be too jokes.

Comment

Packers Vs. Steelers in Texas for Super Bowl XLV. Go Packers!

Comment

Congrats Packers fans (Apollo).

As a Bears fan I honestly can't really ask for much more from Haine. With no reps and being called upon on in the biggest game of the season when your team is down 14 in end of the 3rd he played his *** off.

The only prob with this game that I had was the WTF reverse call on the last 3rd down (4 yards to go). Seriously WHY!?! Haine was beasting, Forte has been having success running inside/outside and Taylor is a career great inside runner. I don't see why they played such a risky play the change to lose yardage at that point in the game.

-----------------------

Poor Rex Ryan, this is the 3rd year in a row he's lost in the AFC championship game.

------------------

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Jan 24, 2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

If Rodger's didn't trip Urlacher, after being picked for the second time, then the Packers would have probably lost the game. Beyond that Haine TD pass to Knox (I think) the Packers D looked great. Shields is an amazing story. To be playing corner for one year of college, to going undrafted, to lucking into a chance to be a return guy fort he Packers, to starting and becoming one of their best defenders in his rookie season is amazing. The kid's got sky high potential. He's so fast and he always seems to be in the right place to make a big play. Woodson is getting up there in age now. Shields looks to be his successor.

The Steelers look really good but I think they're any better than the Falcons or Bears.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 24, 2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I hate the Steelers, so by process of deduction, I will be cheering for GB.

Comment

• Just looking at playoff stats on ESPN.com

Top Passer: Aaron Rodgers
                      Ben Roethlisberger is ranked 10th

Top Receiver: Greg Jennings
                      Antonio Brown is ranked 17th

Top Rusher: James Starks
                      Rashard Mendenhall is ranked 3rd, 100 yards less than Starks

Starks has played so well that I expect the Packers to let Ryan Grant walk to a second tier rusher hungry team(Seattle, Washington, Miami, maybe New England...) and for them to simply draft another kid, start Starks and probably bring back Brandon Jackson as a change of pace back. Kuhn has been stellar getting short yardage as well. Starks has the potential to be the guy the Giants were hoping to get in Brandon Jacobs.

If the Packers can win the Super Bowl and without the likes of Ryan Grant and JerMichael Finley then... Wow. Never would have thought it after the first month. I've never seen a team have some many guys go down and still rise to the top.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 25, 2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• It's a real testimony to Mike McCarthy, Dom Capers and the rest of the coaching staff. They've done a helluva job. They've been road warriors. And it's not like they've had an easy ride - they beat the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the process - all the while being the #6 seed and the visiting team.

Comment

• When McCarthy first came in years ago I was unimpressed to put in mildly but given time to employ his system he's done excellent work. He'd be no where without GM Ted Thompson though. I mean Thompson made him head coach and virtually hit on every draft pick since. They've built that baby up internally with the exception of Charles Woodson. Dom Capers has been huge too no doubt. They wouldn't be playing in the Super Bowl with out his genius on defense.

Comment

• Destined For Greatness

It's too bad Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson is a man of few words.

If he had a little more Rex Ryan in him, he'd be reminding us of something that should be obvious by now: He made the right call when he turned his team over to quarterback Aaron Rodgers three years ago.

At the time, it was a move that sparked contempt from countless Packers fans who couldn't imagine life without Brett Favre. Now we understand fully what made Thompson so confident in the first place.
                            Rodgers, 27, just has that look about him these days, that aura that comes from knowing he can overcome anything. He's still the guy who starkly remembers college recruiters ignoring him out of high school in Chico, Calif. Even after he eventually achieved stardom at Cal, 23 NFL teams overlooked him in the first round of the 2005 draft. Then there were so many people questioning whether he really could handle Favre's old job.

"The journey is the sweetest part for me," Rodgers said after beating the Bears at Soldier Field. "I've really enjoyed the road that I've been forced to take in my career going all the way back to high school [in Chico, Calif.]. Just being on that journey and having to work for the success I've achieved -- and never being complacent -- has made it that much more satisfying."
                            Rodgers first proved his mental toughness by staying quiet and confident while the drama between Favre and Thompson unfolded in the summer of 2008. He then displayed his talent by throwing for 8,472 yards and 58 touchdowns in his first two years as Green Bay's starter. Rodgers also has performed well enough this year (3,922 yards, 28 touchdowns and 11 interceptions) to earn what should have been his second consecutive Pro Bowl nomination. What made those numbers all the more impressive is that they came at a time when Favre's own career was self-destructing.
                            Rodgers' performance this season has been all the more critical because he often has carried a Packers offense that lost running back Ryan Grant to a season-ending ankle injury in Week 1.

"As we all know, the talk is that we can't run the ball so we've had to rely on our quarterback," said Packers cornerback Charles Woodson. "But he's as good as they come. He can do it with his arm and with his legs, and he's done it all season."

Added Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher: "He's a great quarterback, there's no doubt about that. He knows where to go with the football."
                            Said Rodgers: "If you look at our roster right now, the 45 guys that dressed today, I would say that a number of them were either not with us at the beginning of the season, or were not counted on to play a big role. … To have guys like that step up says a lot about our character."

Of course, Rodgers also has helped those young guys grow. He's become the kind of quarterback who can inspire a team just by his presence. That's what made Favre so special. When he stepped on the field during all those years in Green Bay, the people around him always sensed they had a chance to win regardless of the circumstances.
                            Rodgers isn't just a player who can put up numbers comparable to his predecessor. He also can carry his team to the kind of heights that separate all other signal-callers from the pack.

That probably explains why Thompson never wavered from his belief that it was worth trading Favre to the Jets and going with his designated quarterback of the future three seasons ago. As Thompson said after Sunday's game, "I'm very proud of Aaron because he's played well and he's prepared well. He has a lot of God-given talent."
                            Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 26, 2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• packers fans just piss me of cause some of them go and boo brett favre or make fun of him, when he made the packers

Comment

• Favre didn't "make" the Packers. He won one Championship with them and gave them years of blood, sweat and tears. They were one of the greatest franchises of all-time before he got there and they still were when he left. Brett Favre didn't make the Packers anymore than Kobe Bryant made the Lakers. Brett Favre's "I'm gonna retire, no I'm not, yes I am, no I'm not, everybody look at me and stroke my ego" routine had been going on for years before the Packers pulled the plug. It's a large part of why they had selected Rodger six years ago to begin with. They needed a back up plan because as soon as Favre hit 34 he started talking about how "this might be my last year". Well, the last time he did it to Green Bay they made plans to move on, put those plans into action and gave the team to Rodgers who was more than ready to lead after patiently waiting and studying on the sideline for three years. Then suddenly Favre decides he wants to play again. Well, this time they had enough and would not cave to his ego and so they told him if he were to come back Rodgers was the starting QB. This of course led to him being traded. Seeing him in a Jets uniform was weird. Seeing him in a Vikings uniform was surreal. The fans had a right to feel some animosity towards Favre and I can sure as hell tell you this, he's respected by the Packers legion and any booing going on is far less than the amount that takes place when Joe Blow from Whogivesadamn comes back to the ACC to play against the Toronto Raptors.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 27, 2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X