Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    packers fans just piss me of cause some of them go and boo brett favre or make fun of him, when he made the packers
    Brett Favre didn't make the Packers. And I thin saying 'packers fans' is a little general? I watched the game between the Packers and the Vikings this year, there were quite a few boos, but a lot of cheers to, especially when him and Rodgers had a little talk. Plus the boos he got were deserved, he deserves a little booing. But I think most Packer fans still respect him, and as Apollo once said, he will retire with a Packers jersey.

Anyways, Superbowl gonna be interesting. I think the Packers will win, and I think most hope they do. I really dislike the Steelers...

Comment

• Favre will definitely enter the Hall in Packers green. Atlanta, NYC and Minnesota are only footnotes. The Packers wouldn't be where they are now had they not stood up to Favre. The 1st rounder they got from the Jets turned out to be Clay Matthews. Dude is a wrecking machine.

Comment

• Fisher Gets Axed

Though Thursday’s divorce between the Tennessee Titans and Jeff Fisher caught most of the NFL world by surprise, people close to the man who just surrendered his title as the NFL’s longest-tenured head coach had been noticing the warning signs of a potential breakup for the past two months.
        Though Adams said he was keeping Fisher, the franchise’s head coach since he replaced then-Houston Oilers coach Jack Pardee on an interim basis in 1994, the owner didn’t offer a raise or a contract extension – and the support he offered publicly was far from resounding.

“With what I am paying him,” Adams told the Tennessean, “I am not going to let him go and pay him a lot of money. I was thinking we could get him and Vince together, but it wasn’t going to work, so I had to stick with Jeff and let Vince go.”

If Adams, 88, was trying to make his coach feel supported, he failed miserably. Then again, given the way the owner reacted after Young disrespected his coach while storming out of the locker room after a November defeat to the Washington Redskins, this was consistent with Adams’ recent behavior.
        Source: Yahoo Sports

Some team looking for a head coach to change their franchise will hit the jackpot.

Comment

• Brady may have the league MVP but I bet he would trade it without blinking for Rodgers' Super Bowl MVP.

Comment

• Letter from Roger Goodell

This was in my mail box this morning:

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
            Roger Goodell

Comment

• The draft is this week... I'm going to be in Calgary on business so I'll miss the live showing.

I'm gonna PVR it. In the 1st round I'm hoping for the Packers to either add another guy to take pressure off Clay when he's rushing the QB or I hope they find a stud RB. Grant is a FA, coming off a devastating injury. If he's not back they need somebody else to help carry the weight.

Comment

• Pack should draft Leshoure. Him and Starks would make for a great backfield. There's plenty of decent LB's in the later rounds.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• As a Raiders fan I'm not particularly looking forward to the draft, as usual.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LOL, damn man. It must be tough being a Raiders, Raptors, Leafs and Jays fan. You're getting disappointment from all angles.

Comment

• They got an all-pro guy with their first round pick though, you never know with some first rounders. Not everyone makes it. However, New England's scouting is very good, so it'll be tough to see whoever they select develop into an all-pro themselves.

I hope Jimmy SMith falls to Baltimore. We need secondary help badly.

Comment

• In no shape or form am I a leafs fan.

I'm a sens fan :/
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Happy draft night boys!
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Good picks by the texans, pack and detroit. Not sure wtf Seattle or Tenn are thinking.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• julio jones or bust! our receiving corps are gonna be amazing! tie up our O-line and pick-up one of johnson, edwards or babin and we're legit.

Comment

• The Falcons gave up a shitload of picks just for Jones, so he better come to play whenever the season begins.

Comment

Working...
                                X