No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL is still reviewing Tom Brady's appeal.

Are they actually doing stuff or do you think they're making him wait just because they can?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The NFL is still reviewing Tom Brady's appeal.

Are they actually doing stuff or do you think they're making him wait just because they can?
      I dunno, hard to believe it would take this long unless they are second guessing the credibility of the Wells Report.

Longer it takes, more likely NFL wavers in my mind.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Interesting video on what some people think of various QB's around the league.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13297173

RG3 and Cutler got hammered which is unsurprising really.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I dunno, hard to believe it would take this long unless they are second guessing the credibility of the Wells Report.

Longer it takes, more likely NFL wavers in my mind.
          It's an absolute guarantee in my mind. No way he misses more than 2 games. Absolutely no chance he misses week 5 vs Dallas.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            It's an absolute guarantee in my mind. No way he misses more than 2 games. Absolutely no chance he misses week 5 vs Dallas.
            I think the two parties are probably negotiating a save face solution. I agree there is no way Goodell backs down completely and of course Brady's threat is he doesnt want anything (legacy!). If he sticks with that stance there is no reason why Goodell should reduce at all. The appeal to the courts I understand is a no-win thing for Brady since there seems to be no judicial basis to overturn the process which was collectively bargained (in the cba). It maybe flawed but it was agreed to.

Comment

• Per the source, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is being pushed by a small handful of influential owners to hold firm on the four-game suspension. Working against that pressure, however, is the fear that the four-game suspension would be wiped out by a federal court.
              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-brady-case/

My guess is Woody Johnson is one of those owners. I wouldn't be shocked if Irsay was one of them as well.

Comment

• Ball Breakers

Here's a summary of the key changes this season:
                • Each team will be required to supply 24 footballs to the officials locker room --€“ 12 primary and 12 backup -- 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to the game. Last season, the home team had to submit 24 footballs prior to the game, but the visitors only had to submit 12 footballs with an option to supply an additional 12 for use in outdoor stadiums.
                • The referee will designate two members of his crew to conduct a pregame inspection to make sure all footballs meet the required specifications. Last season, the referee was the sole judge.
                • The officials will number the balls 1-12. Last season, the balls were not numbered.
                • The officials will measure the PSI and record that measurement corresponding to the numbered ball. Last season, no such record was kept.
                • Any game ball within the allowable range of 12.5 to 13.5 PSI will be approved and the PSI level will not be altered. Any game ball determined to be over 13.5 PSI or under 12.5 PSI will either be deflated or inflated to 13.0 PSI. Last year, there was no specific measurement of 13.0 required if an adjustment had to be made.

Additionally, the same procedure will be followed with respect to the backup set of game balls for each team.
                http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...d=491522627861

Now all they have left to do figuratively kick Tom Brady's set.

Comment

• Brady's suspension upheld. Wow. Didn't see that coming... Cheatriots actually received punishment!

He won't be playing week 5 vs Dallas. Good in a way, but I prefer to face the best and beat them.

Comment

• I think he takes this to court and plays in the interim. I think.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tom Brady after win against the Colts:

Comment

• NFLPA statement:

Comment

• I'd like to know why there is near silence on why the 2 NE assistants who actually deflated the balls (and are currently "suspended" not fired by the Patriots) did not appear in the appeal process or have had nothing to say. They are apparently being kept under wraps by Kraft/NE. Brady is playing chicken here...he has to know these 2 assts. will be called to testify under oath. Will they be prepared to testify that neither they nor Brady had anything to do with the condition of the balls? Hilarious excuse for smashing up the phone!

The judicial system should refuse to hear this kind of petty private mudslinging and tend to more pressing matters.

Comment

• I think they're not fired because they were only following orders. Total speculation.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I think they're not fired because they were only following orders. Total speculation.
                              But why the "suspension"? Dont they have uniforms to clean and balls to scuff now that training camp is about to begin

Must be some form of legal manouevre...by not cutting them loose the Pats still have control over them...or...?

Comment

• I still find it funny that the Pats deny any wrongdoing lmao

Then why did Brady smash his phone? An innocent person doesn't destroy evidence......
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X