Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i really like Perriman. Even moreso than Parker. Had the raiders traded down he was the guy i was hoping they'd target.

He's going to be a big upgrade over Torrey Smith
    The Raiders have been burned on so many speedsters in the past that I think they did the right thing.

A lot of those speedy guys, they can't do anything remarkable besides run really fast. Defenses can beat Perriman down if he turns out to be a one trick money. It starts with jamming him on the line.

Comment

• I remember watching Brett Perriman with the Lions... he used to be paired up with Herman Moore and alongside Barry Sanders back in the 90s. This makes me feel old haha

Loving what I'm hearing about Jones. Sounds like an athletic freak!

Comment

• Round 2 Mock from SI
        http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/01/201...-draft-round-2

1 Titans:

JAKE FISHER, OT​
        Senior, Oregon
        Right tackle has been an issue in Nashville, and to give Marcus Mariota the best possible chance to succeed as a rookie quarterback, you’ve got to protect him. Might as well add another ex-Duck and have Ken Whisenhunt channel his inner-Chip Kelly. (Or does Kelly try to trade up for Fisher? Oh, never mind). Either Fisher or Pitt offensive tackle T.J. Clemmings are there for the taking.

2 Bucs:

T.J. CLEMMINGS, OT​
        RS Senior, Pittsburgh
        Much like Tennessee's situation, the Bucs would be wise to buttress the offensive line that will be asked to keep a highly-prized rookie passer upright. If anything, Tampa Bay's need at OL is even greater than the Titans'.

3 Raiders:

RANDY GREGORY, OLB/DE​
        RS Junior, Nebraska
        Getting a matching book-end pass-rush threat opposite Khalil Mack should make both players that much more effective. The Raiders upgrade their play-making on defense after giving quarterback Derek Carr a play-maker at receiver in first-rounder Amari Cooper.​

4 Jags:

TEVIN COLEMAN, RB​
        Junior, Indiana
        Developing a dependable running game would be one of the best ways to further quarterback Blake Bortles's second-year development. I like Coleman more than Miami’s Duke Johnson or Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah.​

5 Jets

BRYCE PETTY, QB​
        RS Senior, Baylor
        Petty isn’t likely to get past the Saints at No. 44; they reportedly consider the ex-Baylor Bear the best pure passer in the draft. Petty in the second round helps push 2013 second-rounder Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting job in New York—at least eventually.​

6 Washington

JALEN COLLINS, CB​
        RS Junior, LSU
        The top-rated cornerback remaining on the board gives Jay Gruden’s team some secondary strength, after Washington focused on its offensive line with the Brandon Scherff pick at No. 5. With no slam-dunk pass-rushing option (Virginia’s Eli Harold?) to pick from near the top of the second round, Collins represents solid value.​

7 Bears

ELI HAROLD, OLB/DE​
        Junior, Virginia
        Harold’s not a finished product and may not provide instant impact, but the Bears need to find ways to put more pressure on the opposing quarterback, and Harold's athleticism and potential are worth investing in.​

8 Giants

LANDON COLLINS, S​
        Junior, Alabama
        I’m not sure how the safety-poor Giants could pass on Collins, who suffered late-draft season slippage from his first-round expectation level but is still one of the elite players available in the secondary. Tom Coughlin nabs a player Alabama coach Nick Saban raves about.​

9 Rams

A.J. CANN, G​
        RS Senior, South Carolina
        After their somewhat surprising pick of running back Todd Gurley at No. 10 in the first round, the Rams are even more likely to address their offensive line needs in the second stanza. A run on offensive tackles has done them no favors, but Cann is the top remaining interior lineman and he’ll play right away in St. Louis. Sorry, Rams fans, but the quarterback pick is going to have to wait for now.​

10 Falcons

MAXX WILLIAMS, TE​
        RS Sophomore, Minnesota
        As expected the Falcons boosted the pass rush in the first round with their pick of Clemson’s Vic Beasley. Now it’s time to find the next Tony Gonzalez. O.K., how about just the draft’s top-rated tight end and we’ll leave it at that, without the hyperbole?​

11 Browns

DEVIN SMITH, WR​
        Senior, Ohio State
        The Browns still need a receiving threat after addressing both lines in the first round. I don’t think the Browns, with their recent history, can roll the dice on a red-flagged talent such as Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham, but the home-state star Smith would seem a solid double, rather than the potential swing-and-miss that DGB might represent.

12 Saints

DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM, WR
        RS Junior, Oklahoma/Missouri
        The Saints went offensive tackle and linebacker in the first round with Stanford’s Andrus Peat and Clemson’s Stephone Anthony, but with quarterback Bryce Petty already gone to the Jets at No. 37, the monstrously talented Green-Beckham is a risk worth taking in the middle of the second round.​

13 Vikings

DENZEL PERRYMAN, LB​
        Senior, Miami (Fla.)
        The Vikings have a need at middle linebacker and Perryman should be an ideal fit, with UCLA inside linebacker Eric Kendricks representing another tempting option.​

14 49ers

ERIC KENDRICKS, LB​
        RS Senior, UCLA
        The inside linebacker depth chart took an obvious hit this off-season with the retirements of Patrick Willis and Chris Borland. Kendricks had a first-round grade on some team boards, and he’d provide an instant upgrade in San Francisco.​

15 Dolphins

BENARDRICK MCKINNEY, LB​
        RS Junior, Mississippi State
        Another team, another need at middle/inside linebacker. The Dolphins miss out on Perryman and Kendricks, but land McKinney, a legit play-maker who solidifies a position of major need in Miami.​

16 SD

EDDIE GOLDMAN, DT​
        Junior, Florida State
        The middle of the Chargers' defensive front needs some beef, and Goldman and Oklahoma defensive tackle Jordan Phillips should be available to choose from. Here, I lean toward the FSU product.

17 Chiefs

DONOVAN SMITH, OT​​
        RS Junior, Penn State
        I could make a strong case for a receiver like Arizona State's Jaelen Strong (sorry), but the offensive line issues are even more pressing in Kansas City. So I’m giving the nod to the versatile Smith after the Chiefs surprised some by addressing the cornerback position with the Marcus Peters pick at No. 18 in the first round.​

18 Bills

ERIC ROWE, CB​
        Senior, Utah
        Not a ton of great options for Buffalo’s first pick of the draft (you traded this year's No. 1 for Sammy Watkins, remember, Bills fans?), but I don’t think Doug Whaley and company will go quarterback in the second round, especially with Petty off the board. That moves me in the direction of adding another quality cover man, and Rowe had some first-round buzz at times this draft season. ​

19 Texans

JAELEN STRONG, WR
        RS Junior, Arizona State
        The Texans went cornerback in the first round, taking the very clean Kevin Johnson of Wake Forest. Now it’s time to find a receiving threat who can fill the void left by Andre Johnson's departure to Indy.​

20 Eagles

P.J. WILLIAMS, CB​
        Junior, Florida State
        Williams has those recent off-field headlines knocking him down some draft boards, but the Eagles have a crying need for help in pass coverage. ​

21 Bengals

OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA, DE​
        RS Senior, UCLA
        The Bengals would lock up the title for most difficult draft names to say and spell with this pick, having added Texas A&M offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi in the first round at No. 21. Finding another potential pass-rushing threat is always on the to-do list in Cincy.​​

22 Lions

JORDAN PHILLIPS, DT​
        RS Sophomore, Oklahoma
        The Lions need more than just newly acquired veteran defensive tackle Haloti Ngata—who’s in the final year of his contract—to help replace the departed Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley in the defensive interior.

23 Cards

AMEER ABDULLAH, RB​
        Senior, Nebraska
        The Cardinals didn’t get their running game help in the first round, missing out on both Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon by a long shot. Bruce Arians is thought to be enamored with the ex-Cornhusker who can add some power running to the Arizona ground game.​ ​

24 Pitt

RONALD DARBY, CB​
        Junior, Florida State
        Need pick, nothing but a need pick. The Steelers got their pass-rushing help in the first round with Kentucky outside linebacker Bud Dupree at No. 22, and now it’s time to find some cover help for a secondary in transition.​

25 Carolina

PRESTON SMITH, DE​
        Senior, Mississippi State
        As much as the Panthers could use an upgrade at offensive tackle, they can’t take a chance on LSU’s La’el Collins at the moment. Not with Carolina’s Rae Carruth history. That’s just reality. The Panthers could take a running back like Miami’s Duke Johnson, but Smith is a solid and versatile prospect who can add more depth to the Carolina defensive front. ​

26 Ravens

DANIELLE HUNTER, DE​
        Junior, LSU
        The Ravens got receiving help in Breshad Perriman in the first round at No. 26, and while cornerback remains a need, so does supplementing the pass rush. Hunter is the right value at a position the Ravens always want to replenish.​ ​

27 Broncos

TRE’ JACKSON, G​
        Senior, Florida State
        The Broncos need bodies to give them versatility on the offensive line. Denver went for pass rush in the falling Shane Ray in the first round at No. 23, trading up with Detroit for the right to take the Missouri Tiger. But Jackson adds to the puzzle on the offensive front and should help offset the loss of the just-traded Manny Ramirez.​

28 Cowboys

DUKE JOHNSON, RB​
        Junior, Miami (Fla.)
        The Cowboys need to give themselves another frontline backfield option other than the perennially injured Darren McFadden. Yes, the Cowboys offensive line can make most backs look good. But they can’t keep them healthy.

29 Colts

DERRON SMITH, S
        RS Senior, Fresno State
        The Colts surprisingly didn’t go for a safety like Arizona State’s Damarious Randall or Alabama’s Landon Collins in the first round, opting for Miami speed-threat receiver Phillip Dorsett. But somebody’s got to play the last line of defense in Indy, and I nominate Smith for the job.​

30 GB

PAUL DAWSON, LB​
        Senior, TCU
        The Packers get their much-needed upgrade at inside linebacker, which should allow Green Bay to shift Clay Matthews back into the outside slot that best utilizes his edge-rush capabilities.

31 Seattle

HRONISS GRASU, C
        RS Senior, Oregon
        The ex-Duck knows the Pacific Northwest and should walk into the lineup as the replacement for veteran Max Unger, who was shipped to New Orleans in the blockbuster Jimmy Graham deal.​

32 NE

ALI MARPET, G/C
        Senior, Hobart
        The Patriots fortify their offensive line with a prospect who plays in the tough, battling style they most admire from their grunts up front.​
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'd love for Tevin Coleman or Jay Ajayi at RB, then defense the rest of the draft. Landon Collins or Eric Kendricks would look nice in the Silver and Blue too.

Comment

• Randy Gregory!

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              The more I read about my newest Raven, the more I like:

"There’s no better way to replace the loss of Torrey Smith than with a receiver that many are calling a “bigger and faster version” of Smith, with the potential to become a No. 1 receiver.

That’s partly why ESPN’s Jamison Hensley called drafting UCF star Breshad Perriman a “no-brainer” at No. 26 for the Ravens.
              I guess we know who you're taking round 1 in dynasty now.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Okay.....

How do I feel right now? I feel fuzzy. First off, the QB I didn't want is with my team. 2nd, the QB I did want is with the Saints, a divison rival.

All I can say is good luck to Grayson.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Okay.....

How do I feel right now? I feel fuzzy. First off, the QB I didn't want is with my team. 2nd, the QB I did want is with the Saints, a divison rival.

You also cheer for a team that has had 36 different starting QBs in their 39 year history. Feeling fuzzy seems pretty good in comparison.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Okay.....

Brooks, Hasselbeck, Brunell, it's a Packers tradition to hit on late round QB picks and then flip them later for assets. You snooze, you lose guys.

He will learn behind one of the best QB coaches in the league and this best QB in the league. If he looks at how Rodgers entered the top of the league he should feel goods about sitting through most(or all) of his rookie deal. School is in session.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      You also cheer for a team that has had 36 different starting QBs in their 39 year history. Feeling fuzzy seems pretty good in comparison.
                      Okay. Besides Winston, I'm digging the draft for the Bucs. i can live with Winston on one condition: He doesn't get arrested again/pull a Johnny Goofball.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Okay. Besides Winston, I'm digging the draft for the Bucs. i can live with Winston on one condition: He doesn't get arrested again/pull a Johnny Goofball.
                        Well that is the billion dollar question, is Jameis able to mature from his history?

I would have several concerns if I were a Bucs fan:
                        1 - We all know that we can't judge a 20/21 yr old entirely for their actions for their adulthood, but in comparison to his peers, Jameis still seemed to rank low on the maturity scale. No other Div 1 QB was arrested for steal crab legs. And while the sexual assault accusations never led to charges, nearly impossible for the Bucs to know what actually happened.

2 - Immobile QB on a team with a pretty porous O-Line. Paging David Carr?

3 - GM staying objective. From what I've read, seems like the TB GM was set on Winston as early as last year's draft. Can a GM who is leading the investigation into a red flag QB remain objective or are they simply looking for what they want to find?

4 - Team is still low on the talent spectrum. Will a rookie QB with maturity issues be able to withstand the losing (in addition to the pounding) for what could be a few seasons more at least?

Going in the Bucs favour is a pretty winnable division. Saints are retooling in a bad way. Panthers had a terrible draft by most accounts (reaching in the first and then trading up to reach again). Falcons have zero running game or pass rush, not exactly studs themselves. TB will have an easy schedule, so maybe they can get a bit of momentum early.

Comment

I don't think he's a notorious party goer like Manziel. Manziel was well known for partying all the time before the draft. He bailed on a Peyton Manning camp one time because he was out too late the night before. Winston has done some dumb stuff but he seems to have a better focus on his football career than Manziel did in year one. Apparently Johnny is cleaning up his act but he has dug himself into a deep hole. The fact he Browns did not draft a QB should indicate that they're happy so far with his turn around.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't think he's a notorious party goer like Manziel. Manziel was well known for partying all the time before the draft. He bailed on a Peyton Manning camp one time because he was out too late the night before. Winston has done some dumb stuff but he seems to have a better focus on his football career than Manziel did in year one. Apparently Johnny is cleaning up his act but he has dug himself into a deep hole. The fact he Browns did not draft a QB should indicate that they're happy so far with his turn around.
                            Not nessacarily. A lot of folks tend to forget the one guy the Browns have who went undrafted last year: Connor Shaw. Shaw did well in preseason and only game he played in (VS ravens, Week 17). Shaw deserves a fair look in camp IMO.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Not nessacarily. A lot of folks tend to forget the one guy the Browns have who went undrafted last year: Connor Shaw. Shaw did well in preseason and only game he played in (VS ravens, Week 17). Shaw deserves a fair look in camp IMO.
                              I wouldn't read too much into not drafting a QB because it's the Browns and intelligent football moves haven't exactly been their forte.

They will probably be drafting one next year, in the first round.

Comment

How many QB's can you name me that have been successful in the NFL despite going undrafted? I'm thinking Warner, Romo, Garcia in recent times. There is a very low probability that he's any good and if they're starting a sophomore undrafted QB for an extended time this year then chances are people will be getting fired.

Axel wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't read too much into not drafting a QB because it's the Browns and intelligent football moves haven't exactly been their forte.
                                QB is the highest priority position in football and its a tough sell to say you burned your first rounder the year prior on a bust. First rounders are supposed to be locks in the NFL. Johnny Football shows up this year and starts in week one, book it.

Comment

Working...
                                X