Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 193

Thread: The NFL Thread

  1. #101
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only dark spot on the Packers' finished season was Aaron Rodgers getting a concussion. While he got it but diving head first on a scramble there were many times last year where he was hit hard in the pocket. Years past he's been running for his life. The head office has been fixing this issue slowly but steady internally. This first rounder is just another example of this. I hope they can get another impact blocker as well.

    I still expect them to draft at least one RB and a couple secondary players.

  2. #102
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Gave waaaaay to much for him. That's what you trade up for a franchise QB with, not a wr with a history of injuries.
    If he turns out to have Terrell Owens ability then all will be forgotten. It does seem like a lot though... Still, him and Roddy White... Damn that's scary.

  3. #103
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The only dark spot on the Packers' finished season was Aaron Rodgers getting a concussion. While he got it but diving head first on a scramble there were many times last year where he was hit hard in the pocket. Years past he's been running for his life. The head office has been fixing this issue slowly but steady internally. This first rounder is just another example of this. I hope they can get another impact blocker as well.

    I still expect them to draft at least one RB and a couple secondary players.
    Sherrod was a good pick. Very smart player. Him and Bryan Bulaga are nice bookends.

  4. #104
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If he turns out to have Terrell Owens ability then all will be forgotten. It does seem like a lot though... Still, him and Roddy White... Damn that's scary.
    Problem is they could've sat pat and taken a guy like Baldwin, Hankerson or Cobb. They traded 2 1's a 2 and 2 4's for a #2 receiver. That's absolutely insane.
    @jerboat

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The only dark spot on the Packers' finished season was Aaron Rodgers getting a concussion. While he got it but diving head first on a scramble there were many times last year where he was hit hard in the pocket. Years past he's been running for his life. The head office has been fixing this issue slowly but steady internally. This first rounder is just another example of this. I hope they can get another impact blocker as well.

    I still expect them to draft at least one RB and a couple secondary players.
    Leshoure is still available!
    @jerboat

  6. #106
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Packers made another smart choice in shoring up their receiving crop. Donald Driver is running on fumes. Randall Cobb might be his successor.

  7. #107
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The rb you picked is good, too. Extremely valuable as a 3rd down back.
    @jerboat

  8. #108
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raiders back to their old antics
    @jerboat

  9. #109
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    The rb you picked is good, too. Extremely valuable as a 3rd down back.
    Yeah! James Starks, Alexander Green and maybe Ryan Grant and Bradon Jackson. They should be able to find a decent run game this year. Their first three picks have been to enhance the offense. It makes sense seeing how their defense was surprisingly better than their offense last year.

    If Alexander Green can have a career impact even close to Ahman Green then it would have been an excellent choice... They're different kinds of backs, just figured I'd throw that out there.

  10. #110
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Packers added a lot of depth today.I am happy with what they did. If they can stay healthy, look out.

  11. #111
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Raiders back to their old antics
    At least they got the best name in the draft: Chimdi Chekwa, CB out of OSU. I hope the silver and black continue where they left off last season, my buddy is a long time sufferer!

    Rumor has my uncle Jerrah Jones going after Huff and or Asamougah once free agency starts. I`d be happy to have either in my secondary right now. I couldn`t believe the `Boys didn`t address that situation so much in the draft, but then again there were no real studs aside from Peterson and Amukamara.

    I`m happy with the players we got overall though, looking for a strong comeback this season... just gotta forget about last season like it never happened!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  12. #112
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trust me when I say you don't want Huff
    @jerboat

  13. #113
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Trust me when I say you don't want Huff
    I thought he had a pretty decent season last year, could've just been playing for a contract though. Maybe a change of scenery and coming back home to Texas would do him good.

    Will you be making the trip to Buffalo for week 2 vs Raiders? I'll be there with about 10-15 of us in a mini Black Hole! Hopefully this lockout doesn't force any cancellations, cause week 2 and 4 are first to go I believe...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  14. #114
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It might not matter this year because the league wants a 18 game regular season. If they lose a few in the first season of a new CBA I don't think it's a big deal... For the record, I hope the league doesn't get the 18 game season through. It ruins all the historical records. I like stats.

  15. #115
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I thought he had a pretty decent season last year, could've just been playing for a contract though. Maybe a change of scenery and coming back home to Texas would do him good.

    Will you be making the trip to Buffalo for week 2 vs Raiders? I'll be there with about 10-15 of us in a mini Black Hole! Hopefully this lockout doesn't force any cancellations, cause week 2 and 4 are first to go I believe...
    huff has his moments, but is way, way too soft. he can't tackle to save his life. just watch the game against the texans when all 3 of their backs ran him over at one point.

    so you're a raiders fan? i'm considering going, but i'll be at the one at lambeau for sure. my wifes family is a bunch of retarded packer fans so we're going to make a road-trip out of it and hit up chicago.
    @jerboat

  16. #116
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    huff has his moments, but is way, way too soft. he can't tackle to save his life. just watch the game against the texans when all 3 of their backs ran him over at one point.

    so you're a raiders fan? i'm considering going, but i'll be at the one at lambeau for sure. my wifes family is a bunch of retarded packer fans so we're going to make a road-trip out of it and hit up chicago.
    Nah, I'm going more for a fun trip and to support my buddies' teams'. I'll likely end up wearing my Cowboys gear and let the Bills fans try to heckle me. Though if I ever wear another jersey aside from Dallas, it's always a Raiders jersey. Mainly for the colors.

    My main goal this season is to make it to the Bills vs Cowboys game down in Big D in early November. We went to the game 8 years ago down there, took a greyhound... Never again! 37 hours to get there, was in Big D for about 36 hours, then 36 1/2 hours back on the bus. You don't get to sleep on those buses either, cause you're changing buses every 2 hours or so. We're looking at about $1200-$1500 for only a 3 day trip by plane though, which I don't think is worth it so it may not happen this time around.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  17. #117
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Going to the raiders game in GB this weekend. Hope I don't get mugged.
    @jerboat

  18. #118
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So, how you feeling today Apollo?

  19. #119
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had both upsets and went 4-0 this past weekend. god damn, should have bet.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  20. #120
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    So, how you feeling today Apollo?
    Shocked and cheering for a Ravens/49ers Super Bowl.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •