Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 273

Thread: The NFL Thread

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i'm thinking ravens/giants.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  2. #122
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote apollo wrote: View Post
    shocked and cheering for a ravens/49ers super bowl.
    boooooooo!!!!!!

  3. #123
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just as long as the Ravens make it, that's all I care about. I know Doc feels that way about his Giants.

  4. #124
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    boooooooo!!!!!!
    LOL, I've always been a F' Tom Brady & the Pats guy and I sure as hell aren't cheering for those Giants bastards.

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    no offense to apollo but i have a bunch of packer fan friends and they've been so goddamn annoying the past two seasons it was unreal. watching them lose like that was beyond satisfying and i enjoyed hours of chirping them all through texts.

    this also means the raiders coaching job search will speed up
    @jerboat

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    as a raiders fan its hard to cheer for the niners but i hate Eli so much they're the lesser or two evils at this point. unfortunately its looking like we're going to have to endure "eli manning: superbowl champion!" for a few months AGAIN
    @jerboat

  7. #127
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    . unfortunately its looking like we're going to have to endure "eli manning: superbowl champion!" for a few months AGAIN
    Here's hoping! *fingers crossed*

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ugh
    @jerboat

  9. #129
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Baltimore gets knocked out, I'll be cheering for the G-men no doubt.

  10. #130
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If Baltimore gets knocked out, I'll be cheering for the G-men no doubt.
    *high five*

    And likewise for me. I've always been a closet Ravens fan. Ray Lewis is a machine. The man doesn't slow down and has only gotten better with age which is insane for a football career.

    Can't stand the 49ers. This goes back to the Montana days. I just hope the Giants defensive line does to Smith what Jim Burt did to Montana back in '86 by knocking him out of the game.

  11. #131
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    no offense to apollo but i have a bunch of packer fan friends and they've been so goddamn annoying the past two seasons it was unreal. watching them lose like that was beyond satisfying and i enjoyed hours of chirping them all through texts.

    this also means the raiders coaching job search will speed up
    None taken. It happens to every group of fans. God help us all if the Raiders ever even made the playoffs again.

  12. #132
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If Baltimore gets knocked out, I'll be cheering for the G-men no doubt.
    What the Packers/Giants game showed us is Defense wins Championships. The Patriots defense is worse than the Packers' defense. I think the Ravens can walk all over the Pats as long as they don't let Brady take a quick lead. This is about the Ravens making no mistakes on D and Ray Rice & Ricky Williams keeping the clock going. If I'm the Ravens I run the ball 50 times if they're keeping it close.

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    no offense to apollo but i have a bunch of packer fan friends and they've been so goddamn annoying the past two seasons it was unreal. watching them lose like that was beyond satisfying and i enjoyed hours of chirping them all through texts.

    this also means the raiders coaching job search will speed up
    oh man, I know what you mean. me and this guy used to chirp each other all the time because he was such a die hard packers fan and so i started cheering for minnesotta and it got real hardcore when favre played for minny. He would always chirp me when they won,but in the end I always won with "ya, my team is named after vikings, what's yours? fudge packers!?"



    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    as a raiders fan its hard to cheer for the niners but i hate Eli so much they're the lesser or two evils at this point. unfortunately its looking like we're going to have to endure "eli manning: superbowl champion!" for a few months AGAIN
    hey, man he's a top 5 qb. it's getting pretty close to him having more than his bro. I like Eli especially since he's the one to make everyone shut the fuck up about rodgers.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  14. #134
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's top five? Maybe... In no particular order here is the top four: Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. After that it gets dicey. Cam Newton and Matt Stafford both have a lot more talent and both look to be on their way to a championship one day. Eli has the hardware but raw talent? He can't touch those two. I don't even know if he's better than Big Ben, who does have the hardware and does the most out of anybody in the NFL given his team is a run heavy club and he still posts great numbers year in, year out.

  15. #135
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Steelers haven't been a run heavy team in a few years

  16. #136
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's top five? Maybe... In no particular order here is the top four: Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. After that it gets dicey. Cam Newton and Matt Stafford both have a lot more talent and both look to be on their way to a championship one day. Eli has the hardware but raw talent? He can't touch those two. I don't even know if he's better than Big Ben, who does have the hardware and does the most out of anybody in the NFL given his team is a run heavy club and he still posts great numbers year in, year out.
    i still feel it's a bit early to name rodgers top five. no discredit to how good he is,but, I just don't feel he's been playing long enough.

    I always forget about Roethlisberger, I honestly think him and eli have the same amount of talent. But, I think Big Ben is better in certain aspects. Now, before you get out raged keep in mind that that Eli led giants team beat the best team ever in that 06(?) patriots team.

    if he makes it to the superbowl this year i think you have to put him in top five playoff qb's and you might have to take his brother from that list.

    top four: Peyton, Brady,Brees,Roethlisberger. a few years ago before brees won his ring i think he wasn't in there. then again that was still with warner and favre in the league.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  17. #137
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Congrats to all the Giants fans. That was one heck of a game and to come down to a jump ball in the end zone with no time remaining... Wow, you couldn't invent a better story.

  18. #138
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    oh, apollo thats what movies are for. i got five bucks and good entertainment value out of the game though, plus bragging rights over patriots fans and there is no doubt eli is now a top five. maybe he's t-5 but, no doubt he has cemented himself and has completed the family circle as both mannings are going to be in the hall of fame. both still have a chance to win multiple more championships as well

  19. #139
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    *Doing a little salsa dance this morning*

  20. #140
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm surprised you're up this early, Doc. I thought you would have been still asleep from partying the night away!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •