• Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Things BC Should Do This Offseason

10. Keep the draft pick
    9.Try to get the Pacers pick by dealing Jose
    8.Try your hardest to woo Bosh, and trade Bargnani
    7.tRY YOUR HARDEST TO GET PHILLIES #2 PICK
    6.Establish an identity with the roster
    5.i dont care what we get back but TRADE JOSE!
    4.Sign Amir Johnson
    3.If Bosh leaves then sign and trade to Rockets for Scola and Brooks
    2.Don't draft by position needed, get the best player available
    1.Get Hedo out ASAP

I like Jose, so I'm taking a stand for him.
    He plays hard, he's a solid point guard when the ball is going through him.
    I know he's horrible defensive player, but in the present NBA where no hand-checking is allowed, it is virtually impossible to stay in front of all these athletic, speedy player.
    Which is why I think some of the blame should go on the coach, who should have preached more team-defense.

Comment

moe_shuttlesworth wrote: View Post
      10. Keep the draft pick
      4.Sign Amir Johnson
      1.Get Hedo out ASAP
      Agreed with most of this accept all the Jose hate. He is still valuable to the right team don't just get rid of him because you think he is the sole problem with this franchise and as for Brooks there is no way youre getting him. I do belive we should do everything possible to retain Bosh without doing something stupid, I still belive with the right cast around him he can help this team reach another level.

Comment

Jose is not the single problem. I actually like Jose... he distribute the ball and could actually help our young players like DeMar, Amir and Weems grow.

People think Jose can't play defense..or he does not have the "heart"..... I think Jose has a heart and the determination but this is a team game... and he is a team player... the team in general need to be better in defense .. you can't single out a player.... a very few players in the NBA can stop other players one on one!!!

Now... if Jose or Jack is traded... we will have the same problem in the pg position again...like last year.. I rather trade Hedo .. than Jose, Jose is not a quitter, he loves Toronto and the organization

Comment

Because trading away Calderon for a draft pick unknown sends the right kind of win-now message to Bosh.

Comment

Everyone needs to realize that every player should be held accountable for their defensive match-ups. You cant make excuses like "not every player can keep their man in front of them." WOW you guys sound so weak. Really?? We've had Jose since he was a rookie, dude is an OBVIOUS THORN IN THE FOOT. HE CAUSES RIDICULOUS MISMATCHES! Other point guards smell blood when they see Jose. Also, about team defence i somewhat agree, to an extent. Jay Triano had no clue what he was doing last year. Nonetheless, imo the defense's weakness is Jose. Sometimes you just got to say "hey this is not working out". C YA LATER JOSE
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

10. Keep the draft pick
              4.Sign Amir Johnson
              1.Get Hedo out ASAP
              Dear lord.

10. Agreed.

9 (and 5). Sure, if we're planning on having a re-building year with no expectations.

8. Nope. Bosh is as good as gone, and trading Bargnani would be like shooting yourself in the face with pepperspray.

7. Good luck with that.

6. That would be a awesome.

5. See 9.

4. It's a must, I agree.

3. The Rockets are totally committed to Scola. We wouldn't get him. Might end up with an old Battier and Brooks, though.

2. Yes.

1. YES! No more Hedon't, please!
              Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

how i would fix

Trade Hedo to Orlando for Gortat and Matt Barnes in a sign and trade.
                Maybe they want Rasho for a super cheap backup included in the deal
                Orlando does this because Gortat wants more minutes they dont need to pay Dwights backup 6.5 mil and this wouldgive them a potent offensive attack with Boston gettting older they become the favorite pending where all the FA move

Jammer Arroyo
                Vince JJ Redick
                Hedo Pietrus
                Rahsard Bass
                Howard Maybe Rasho

Next trade-

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2chevk4

OK OK i know this sounds crazy but allow me to explain

New Orleans does this in a heartbeat they get to shed bad contracts + backup PG for Monta Ellis, with him and Paul dynamite backcourt. James johnson contract is not guranteed so they can waive him and save cash as well

Toronto does this to get a great young PG and shed Jose with having to take Posey bad contract back

Miami does this because they dont want Beasley and now can focus on front court help to go along with Jose/ Wade and tons of cap space.

Goldenstate losses Ellis who they still have some bitterness toward and are worried about him and Steph Curry playing together long term and land Beasley a young PF who fits there system great maybe they need the Raps 13th pick to make this work.

The Raps then would have

Collison/Jack/Banks
                Derozan/Weems/Belli
                Barnes/Posey/
                Bosh/Evans
                Andrea/Gortat

And.......still might have our 13th pick and two expiring contracts in Banks and Evans that could be moved before or during the season....And would still have the MLE exception to use on Amir or someone else...

Long shot ofcourse but the possibilities are out there!!!!
                Last edited by it is what it is; Sun Jun 13, 2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

10. Keep the draft pick - Check
                  6.Establish an identity with the roster - Check
                  5.i dont care what we get back but TRADE JOSE! Half a Check
                  4.Sign Amir Johnson - Check
                  2.Don't draft by position needed, get the best player available - Check?
                  1.Get Hedo out ASAP Check
                  55% ain't bet
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                  X