Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Bored By The Lakers - Celtics Finals Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Bored By The Lakers - Celtics Finals Series?

I don't know about other people but I have seen these teams, not the same players of course, play each other so many times and so many games in the Finals that it has gotten to the point where they just seem like post season exhibition games. Really.

In fact I am willing to bet that the Celtics and Lakers have played against each more games in the NBA Finals than a number of teams in the WC have played games against teams in the EC in the history of the league.

Its hard for me to get excited about a dragged out series like this between these two teams in the middle of June.

It seems like summer reruns on TV. Boring
    :
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

i can't say i'm bored by it. but, i also can't wait for it to be over because that's the only thing that's holding back a billion rumours about every team from splurging out.

once it's over everything is going to be on how teams like raptors, dallas, miami are looking to make moves to try to keep their star player.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yes

God this freaking series is pointless.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        i can't say i'm bored by it. but, i also can't wait for it to be over because that's the only thing that's holding back a billion rumours about every team from splurging out.

once it's over everything is going to be on how teams like raptors, dallas, miami are looking to make moves to try to keep their star player.
        Ditto with me. I think the finals are quite interesting and my rooting interest is not so much in the Lakers winning but the Celtics get dumped on. I am surprised that Kobe hasnt had a truly breakout game. Reminds me of LJ deferring too much to his mates. The defense and coaching as well has been great to watch and shows unfortunately how far the Raps have to go to even have a sniff of a finals.

Comment

I completely agree, i fell asleep midway through the last game right after big baby drooled everywhere. I also hate the bandwagon jumpers at this time of year who cheer for the lakers but have no clue about anyone on their roster other than kobe. I would have loved to see the Suns make it instead

Comment

Yea, I can't stand how the networks handle the Finals. It is geared toward the casual NBA fan and has way too many human interest stories. Do they actually think that in the is day and age with the WNBA that woman viewers really want to hear all that human interest crap rather than some good basketball analysis?

So I have been watching on the TV except when the WNBA is on at the same time and then I have switched to that. I have been listening on the radio to Spero Dedes, who does the Lakers play by play on the radio. He is actually pretty good. His analyst for Portland and Lakers player Mychal Thompson I could do without.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Wow, are you sure you guys are feeling OK? The only criticism I have so far is that the refs have been a bit quick on the whistle, but other than that it's been a pretty good series so far... Kobe's on fire as usual, Ray had that sick game 2, the Big Baby / Nate combo is awesome. What's not to like??? Rondo's kinda disappointed a bit, but I have a feeling he's due for a big game tonight.

All I can say is enjoy it while you can because in a month you'll be missing it like crazy.

Comment

Buddahfan you're way off. A final between the two teams with the most heated rivalry in the history of the league is boring!? I guess a series that so far has shown how far teamwork, defense, and unselfishness can take you against a team with more sheer talent would be boring to Raps fans.

Comment

although i must admit nate robinson "man, we like shrek and donkey" was pretty funny.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That's crazy talk. Buddahfan, you must be trolling - but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway.

I think it's been a great series so far. Some great team basketball, great individual performances, exciting plays, close games. I hope it gets "dragged out" to 7 games.

What's left? CFL pre-season? Or reruns and reality tv? Baseball? No thanks. (alright some baseball is ok)

Even watching Raptors TV replay Lakers/Celtics Finals games from the 80's is better than that stuff, in my opinion.

I've hit my limit of reading about "rumours" from "sources" and can't wait for something real to happen. Who really needs multiple updates on Tom Izzo?

I'll get excited when someone signs on the dotted line, or someone actually announces something about themselves.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Huh? Wha? The playoffs are still on?

...on the plus side, it has made it easier to focus on the world cup.

Comment

Working...
                      X