This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't mind Lee depending on the price. If they could get him at $7M/yr then that's a good price for what he delivers.
    He's making that now. Salaries don't normally go down, especially not new contracts.

Names to add:

Luol Deng - huge contract, overrated player
    Mo Wiliams - If it's for Calderon, it makes no sense. Slightly better scoring but less control. I'd rather cheer for Jose.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Caron Butler
      What's your beef with Caron?

I think, in the right circumstances, he can be a very solid starting wing.

Obviously he's not the star of a team, but he is certainly a great complementary piece who plays solid D and can knock down some shots.

Comment

da_goose09 wrote: View Post

Obviously he's not the star of a team, but he is certainly a great complementary piece who plays solid D and can knock down some shots.
        You must have missed the new and unimproved Caron Butler. Either he spent too much time practicing with Hiabchi or giving up Mountain was akin to Popeye giving up spinach. I had him in fantasy this year and watched him on Wash and Dallas. He doesn't pass, drive or shoot well anymore. His offensive game looks like Ron Artests, except on defense he either lost a step or stopped caring. He is a big reason Dallas lost to San An.

Comment

David Lee x1000000.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            He's making that now. Salaries don't normally go down, especially not new contracts.
            He signed a one year deal at that mark because he couldn't do better and thus wanted to wait a year. I'm not so sure he gets much more than that now.

Comment

Lee will most certainly get more than $7 million this season. The plethora of teams with cap space almost guarantee it. Whether he deserves it or not is a different question.

Comment

i have a bad feeling that if the lakers lose to the c**tics, LA is gonna make a hard push for bosh, dangling bynum in return...and that gives me the heeby-jeebies. i'd REALLY like to see him play for at least a couple months after properly rehabbing his knee, but that ain't gonna happen. he's pretty much greg oden at this point (albeit, with a better offensive game, and slightly worse defensive/rebounding), except he's already on his first gargantuan contract. if he's the bynum from the first couple games of the finals...that'd be great. otherwise...

arenas. just scary...too much hassle, too much money, too much baggage, too much wear/tear on that body.

lee - in pretty much any other system, i'd be all for it, but pairing him & bargs together...yikes. plus, we'd have to hear about how he steals boards from andrea all season...

okafor - ick. might be an even worse contract than hedo's. i could live with him only if the raps are able to rid themselves of both hedo & jose (not necessarily in the same deal, just getting those contracts off the books).

rip - ditto...he seems kinda/sorta/maybe...done? still an effective spot-up shooter, and he works harder than anyone not named ray allen to get open for shots, but his small frame has taken a bigger pounding over the years than many probably expect. just not a good fit in TO

prince - a couple years ago, i would've jumped at the chance to land him, but backs are iffy, and his contract is pretty onerous. btw - is joe dumars alive? am i the only one who feels like he hit a grand slam in his first at-bat, and has been living off that while batting .193 since?
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                  Lee will most certainly get more than $7 million this season. The plethora of teams with cap space almost guarantee it. Whether he deserves it or not is a different question.
                  i don't think there's much doubt that he 'deserves' more than $7M (how much more is debatable), and i don't doubt that there will be teams (those who miss out on the top-2 tiers of FAs) lining up to put his name on a contract. if ppl on here don't have much issue with bargs averaging ~$10M for the next 5 years (since that's the 'going rate'), then how could anyone legitimately argue lee is 'worth' any less? he's a more efficient scorer, an exponentially better rebounding, and his defense sucks ass.
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

This forum is stupid. Everyone is just saying they dont want all of these player but these are all the players the raptors are mot likely going to get. and this topic has been disucssed numerous times in other furoms... we have officially run out of stuff to discuss. 10 days and counting!!!

Comment

Bynum scares me cause of his age and he's running around like he's 85.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

da_goose09 wrote: View Post

I don't have anything against him. I just don't think he is a winner.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          i he's a more efficient scorer, an exponentially better rebounding, and his defense sucks ass.
                          He was scoring in Knicks and that really does not count. He was also rebounding in a knick team which on one else rebounds.

I am not a fan of AB and think he needs to do alot more to improve. But in a league that AB makes 10 a year, LEE should not even make 8 and I think this is why he was not really signed by anyone else last summer.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            I'm with Doc, Elton Brand, and for that matter, Bynum. Dude is 22 and his knees are shot. We can't risk another JO situation.
                            Don't wanna see Dalembert either, or Leo Rautins' son.
                            Good one .... I'm not entirely convinced of Bynum's health especially hearing everything right now about him getting his knees drained before every game of these NBA Finals. No thank you.

Comment

Gordon Hayward- I just don't think his game will translate well into the NBA. He reminds me of Adam Morrison.

Comment

the saddest thing is chances are we get one of the players in this thread for hedo or part of a possible bosh deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X