Clear All

• New York, Toronto, Philly

Toronto Trades: Chris Bosh, Hedo Turkoglu, DeMar DeRozan
    Philli Trades: Elton Brand, Andre Igoudala, Evan Turner draft rights
    NY Trades: David Lee (S&T), Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler

Toronto Receives: Elton Brand, Danilo Gallinari, #2 pick
    Philli Receives: David Lee, Wilson Chandler, DeMar DeRozan
    NY Receives: Chris Bosh, Hedo Turkoglu, Andre Igoudala

For those wondering about David Lee being a BYC player, I don't think that has an effect here because New York is under the cap and can absorb the contracts, in spite of Lee's out-going contract value.

Toronto's Roster:

PG: Jose/Jack/Banks
    SG: (Evan Turner at #2 pick)/Marco Belinelli
    SF: Danilo Gallinari/Sonny Weems
    PF: Elton Brand/Reggie Evans
    C: Andrea Bargnani

+ 13th pick (gogo Paul George!)
    + re-signing Amir Johnson

There would probably still need to be a trade at the PG spot, but this team would have 4-5 promising young players (Turner, Weems, Gall, #13 pick, Amir). A 3 man rotation of Brand/Bargs/Johnson isn't much worse than last season, but we'd have bolstered our 2/3 spots with loads of young talent (especially if we get George).

Philli Roster:

PG: Jrue Holiday/Louis Williams
    SG: DeMar DeRozan/Willie Green
    SF: Wilson Chandler/Jason Kapono
    PF: David Lee/Thaddeus Young/Jason Smith
    C: Samuel Dalembert/Marreese Speights

Philli starts fresh. Dalembert's contract expires at the end of the season allowing Lee to slide over to the 5 and Young to start at the 4. They become a much younger team with a lot of assets, and are easily capable of running the floor like Doug Collins wants.

New York Roster:

PG: Toney Douglas
    SG: Andre Igoudala/Bill Walker
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Eddy Curry

New York is still under the cap by about $6 million after this trade. They have a slasher in Iggy, a creator in Hedo, an all-star forward in Bosh, and a young PG in Douglas. They also have Eddy Curry's expiring and a developing Bill Walker. Sure they miss out on LeBron, but I'd say Bosh + Iggy is a fairly decent consolation prize.

we're giving up way too much

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
      we're giving up way too much
      You are being sarcastic right ?? What are you really giving up ?

- Your FA that everyone in the league knows is not signing with you!
      - A 31 year old disgruntled player who had an awful season and had publicly asked for trade!

I think this is a doable trade.

Comment

This would definitely shake things up and put the Raptors on the right track. I just don't like including DeRozan - even if it does get us Evan Turner. May be totally misplaced, but I think DD's going to turn out to be a very special player. Tim Floyd, his coach at USC thinks so. If we let him go I see future posts on this forum forever mentioning, "Can you believe we used to have DeRozan - what a dumb move that was by BC!"

Comment

I like getting Evan Turner, but I don't like pairing him with with Gallinari. Turner is a good defender, but he's not incredibly athletic. Between Brand, Gallinari, Turner and Calderon, that's not exactly the fastest starting unit. And Gallinari is not a great rebounder, either, which you'd need if you intend to keep Bargnani. I'd rather get a slasher at the 3 as well as someone who can defend and rebound.

Otherwise, I'm not sure Philly really gets back enough. Do they want David Lee, and if they do, does David Lee want to go to Philly? I think New York makes out like bandits in this, although they do have to take back Turkoglu, which I'm not sure Bosh would approve of.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The problem with fan proposed trades is that they never happen, it's really just wishful thinking which is why i would rather hear about rumours. But if this did happen i will run naked down yonge street yelling go raptors lol

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I like getting Evan Turner, but I don't like pairing him with with Gallinari. Turner is a good defender, but he's not incredibly athletic. Between Brand, Gallinari, Turner and Calderon, that's not exactly the fastest starting unit. And Gallinari is not a great rebounder, either, which you'd need if you intend to keep Bargnani. I'd rather get a slasher at the 3 as well as someone who can defend and rebound.

Otherwise, I'm not sure Philly really gets back enough. Do they want David Lee, and if they do, does David Lee want to go to Philly? I think New York makes out like bandits in this, although they do have to take back Turkoglu, which I'm not sure Bosh would approve of.
              From what I've read, Gallinari isn't that bad of a defender. So assuming Turner/Gallo are decent defenders, and we flip Jose for someone else who is a good defender, then it wouldn't be all bad. Assuming Brand comes back truly healthy and doesn't have to put up with Eddie Jordan, he's a rebounding machine. So is Amir Johnson. Gallo had similar rebounding numbers to Hedo, and if we need to we can ask him to put more effort on the glass.

As for Philly, I don't see why they wouldn't want Lee unless he's demanding too much money. But really that's not the point - they get out of two over-priced contracts in Iggy and Brand, and they get back talented pieces that can contribute right away. Lee will go where the money and touches are, and I think Philly is one of those places.

I agree that it *looks* like New York is getting the best part of this deal. In fact, I'm sure many New Yorkers would be very happy to see that deal go down. But if you want my opinion on it, it looks like a team that will be good on paper but suck down the stretch. They'll be similar to the Atlanta Hawks of this year's playoffs. Promising season followed by dismal playoff exit.

Comment

Very very optimistic. I don't see NY comitting to Bosh, Iggy and Hedo while being in the mix for LeBron. Also i can't imagine Philly giving away their #2-Pick and Iggy at the same time. Next thing: Lee, who made the ASG agrees to go to the 76ers? Come on!

I like the raptors roster and to me toronto is the big winner of this deal(i'm not that high on demar), but it would be a really shocking trade, if they manage to pull it off.

Comment

all three teams in the same division, highly doubtful this happens...

Comment

Working...
                  X