Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft Express: Trade Going Down Today or Tuesday

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Draft Express: Trade Going Down Today or Tuesday

Don't know if its Raptors related, so my apologies in advance for posting this in the "Everything Raptors' sub-forum. Just trying to be optimistic.

This was via the Draft Express Twitter account:

Something will go down tomorrow or Tuesday but I'm sworn to secrecy. Argh! RT @phillyfanatic84: Are you hearing any pre-draft Trade Chatter? about 19 hours ago via UberTwitter

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Hedont is out of here? Nice thought at least.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering we're the most active of all NBA teams when it comes to trade talks right now (as per Chad Ford's article) the chances are pretty good that this trade tonight or tomorrow involves us.

*knocks on wood*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Well, considering we're the most active of all NBA teams when it comes to trade talks right now (as per Chad Ford's article) the chances are pretty good that this trade tonight or tomorrow involves us.

*knocks on wood*
    if this guy isn't bluffing and just won't spill the beans then somebody else will unless it's a reaslly big trade and if it had to do with the raps wouldn't a raps media person be givin out hints?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo rarely gives anything away. If it's a big trade or a smaller trade and he's playing two parties against each other I'm not sure why he would want anything to get out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I think we will see Dalembert in a Raps jersey next year....Leo better draft his apology letter.

Post Thanks / Like

The timing is certainly interesting... I was wondering if Johnson/DeRozan/Weems being called to Toronto could potentially mean that BC wanted to inform them about being traded, maybe a big deal along the lines of Brand and either Iggy or #2 pick??? All speculation of course, but you never know! Regardless, I can't wait for the announcement, assuming the rumor is legit and the Raps are involved!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jun 14th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Why do I think we will see Dalembert in a Raps jersey next year....Leo better draft his apology letter.
    Leo owes him nothing. I was in the gym in Hamilton for both games of the tournament when the falling-out occured. You could see that there was a problem by the end of the first game and it just got worse from there, but it was pretty obviously Dalembert's problem. Maybe Sammy should be drafting up the letter.

Raptors Republic Rookie The Mascot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The timing is certainly interesting... I was wondering if Johnson/DeRozan/Weems being called to Toronto could potentially mean that BC wanted to inform them about being traded... all speculation of course, but you never know!
    Stop, stop! You're getting me all to excited lol

It's funny, every summer, as raptors fan it's "next year, next year; let's look forward to next year."
    And for the past couple of seasons "next year" has been an utter disappointment. This is BC's third consecutive offseason makeover. Fingers crossed raps fans. I know mine are.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought July 1st is the time for players to get traded....or July 1st is the time for free agents to sign to another team

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the fallout with Dalembert culminated in Europe, when Leo sent him packing? No?

Raptors Republic Rookie The Mascot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
    i thought July 1st is the time for players to get traded....or July 1st is the time for free agents to sign to another team
    The latter. Trades usually start to rumble up around this time (a week or so before the draft), as most teams are eliminated and the GMs have a feel for what they want they're line ups to look like next year.
    For us, the big impeding obstacle that constricts BC in pulling too many moves, imo, is the pending decision of CB4.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah July 1st is for the free agents. You can trade whatever your little heart desires. Unless ur the Celtics or Lakers!

If im not mistaken Rafael was traded during the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil has been perfecting his hot tub machine so the lakers can undo the virtuoso trade of Artest for Ariza.

I doubt BC is the first to make a move, there is so much volatility in the off season market place that unless its 360 windmill slam, there is little reason to jump the gun.

Raptors Republic Rookie Teddy Bruckshut's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The timing is certainly interesting... I was wondering if Johnson/DeRozan/Weems being called to Toronto could potentially mean that BC wanted to inform them about being traded, maybe a big deal along the lines of Brand and either Iggy or #2 pick??? All speculation of course, but you never know! Regardless, I can't wait for the announcement, assuming the rumor is legit and the Raps are involved!
    They are in town because they threw a party at Rockwood last night

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think M. Banks is going to be traded tomorrow for a 2nd round pick on 2016.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

July 1st players "become" free agents. It's kind of pointless because they can't sign with any team until the 10th.

Raptors Republic Rookie phdsteve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard this too- from a very good source. There is a deal in the pipeline. Im frantically working the phones trying to get the scoop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phdsteve wrote: View Post
    I heard this too- from a very good source. There is a deal in the pipeline. Im frantically working the phones trying to get the scoop.
    working the phones calling who?

unnamed sources.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie phdsteve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

for sure! I have a call in to a "very important person" as we speak.

sometimes, you get the scoop- and sometimes, not so much. I have heard that the Raps have a deal in the pipeline that should be announced within days- but thats as much info as I can get out of anyone at this moment. I know, its not breaking news, but thats just the nature of the biz. If I can get more, believe me, I will post it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information