This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Stays, Bargnani Leaves?

According to reports, the raptors are making one final attempt to appease their franchise player Chris Bosh
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...he-raptors.php

If Chris Bosh resigns (hopefully not for the Max), does that mean Bargnani is out ?
    For the last few years, we've witnessed the killer "Bs" and what they can do on the court, what do you guys think?

Bosh is "everywhere" but Bargnani aint going nowhere

Comment

I don't know if he will be moved if Bosh stays but he should. Our front court needs a defensive presence that neither Bosh or Bargs survive and if Bosh stays I think you can't have Bargs too. I'm not sure if BC feels that way but we'll see.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

The crap and trolling that is on the Net about basketball at this time of the year is simply amazing. It happens every year, like some kind of seasonal virus.

In some ways I think fantasy basketball has created the need to write this junk we see out on the net. Hoops fans and bloggers need their fantasy GM fix and this is their way of getting it.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Nothing new here. This guy pretty much paraphrased Ford...

Comment

It would be in the teams best interest to keep Bosh and try and trade Bargnani if there is value to be had, but BC in all likelihood will want to continue to ride his experiment.

Even the harshest critic of Bosh has to conceed that he is a second tier star which is smarter to keep and harder to find than a 3rd of 4th tier player, which is what Bargnani is.

Comment

I would rather keep Bargnani, this guy is going to be a 20-10 guy next year. The thing with Bargs is that he came into the league high on the praise/potential chart. He thought that when he got to the NBA being a number one pick and all, that he was going to be hailed and automatically respected. However, reality was a real culture shock for him. You could see it in his game. He has been very timid, almost looking scared to talk. But over the years he has adopted to the NBA culture, coming out of his shell more and more. Last year he had hopes of being an all-star which shows me that he has the right mind set. Also, if Bargs is coached right, he has the potential to be on of the top centres in the game due to his big body/wingspan, quick feet, and durable knees. I honestly think Triano is the perfect coach, look at what he did with the young players last year. The biggest problem with the Raps was their leadership. We all know Turkoglus story. Bosh however looked like at times that he was embarassed or too cool to don a Raps jersey. I say trade them both and stick with a solid foundation in Adreas'.

Comment

at the end of the day, does it come down to who's the better player, or who wants to play in Toronto?

Bargs signed an extension, Bosh didn't.

If i'm a boss, i'll bank on the guy who's pretty good at his job and loves his job, rather than the guy who's really good at his job but uses my fax machine to send out his resume.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

If i'm a boss, i'll bank on the guy who's pretty good at his job and loves his job, rather than the guy who's really good at his job but uses my fax machine to send out his resume.
                  ROTD

Heinz is a genius. We have to support our all stars.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                    I would rather keep Bargnani, this guy is going to be a 20-10 guy next year. The thing with Bargs is that he came into the league high on the praise/potential chart. He thought that when he got to the NBA being a number one pick and all, that he was going to be hailed and automatically respected. However, reality was a real culture shock for him. You could see it in his game. He has been very timid, almost looking scared to talk. But over the years he has adopted to the NBA culture, coming out of his shell more and more. Last year he had hopes of being an all-star which shows me that he has the right mind set. Also, if Bargs is coached right, he has the potential to be on of the top centres in the game due to his big body/wingspan, quick feet, and durable knees. I honestly think Triano is the perfect coach, look at what he did with the young players last year. The biggest problem with the Raps was their leadership. We all know Turkoglus story. Bosh however looked like at times that he was embarassed or too cool to don a Raps jersey. I say trade them both and stick with a solid foundation in Adreas'.
                    20-10? He won't average 10 boards and how efficient will the 20 be? He doesn't get to the line. Are you insinuating Barg's has been coached wrong all this time? Bargnani has been coddled since being drafted. His old GM broght in, a support system, a coach fired (Mitchell) for holding him accountable. He is sensitive and criticism hurts his feelings. Triano has been an assistant or HC for the whole time Bargnani has been here, yet he's going to develop even more now that teams will focus on him if Bosh leaves? Did you see what happended when they threw a few doubles at Bargs last year? You want the player you build around to be the person who doesn't work hard and attributes sub-performances to laziness? "Bosh looked like he was embarrased to wear a Raptors jersey" when he was getting to the line nearly 600 times or was it when he was representing them in the All-star game?lol Funny.

As for Heinz comment, Bohs has never said he wanted to leave Toronto. He wants to win, which is difficult with the roster currently assembled. He is a free agent and to be honest with you Bargs should be an unrestricted one if BC had any sense and waited on giving him an extension.

Barg's is good at his job which means to me you are saying that he is good at playing Centre. Some might argue otherwise, but me as a boss I would like to hire the best person for the job who's going to perform at the highest level consistently and I will gladly overpay for that. I don't want someone content with sitting at their desk playing Soliatire waiting for their next pay cheque because they are lazy and need motivation on a daily basis.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      at the end of the day, does it come down to who's the better player, or who wants to play in Toronto?

Bargs signed an extension, Bosh didn't.

Actually, Bosh DID sign an extension. Three years ago.

And personally, I'd rather try and keep the guy who's much better at his job.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        He is sensitive and criticism hurts his feelings.
                        Wow, you seem to have an amazing depth of knowledge on the inner working of the Raptors, you must be on the staff or something. That or you are just making stuff up.

Bosh changed his twitter page and website like a day after the season was done and removed all mention of him being on the Raps. That is just bullsh*t. I've seen Dwade, Amare, Boozer, all over NBA TV saying their allegiance is with their home team, etc etc. Bosh is a piece of sh*t that sold everyone out. And you want to over pay him! Ridiculous, where has he got us in the last 7 years.

Just wait, this will be a big year, the new CB free era, sit back and enjoy.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Actually, Bosh DID sign an extension. Three years ago.

And personally, I'd rather try and keep the guy who's much better at his job.
                          actually, he DIDN'T sign one last year.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/06/04/b....ap/index.html

Comment

Personally, I don't give a rat's a*s who stays or who leaves. I just want players who'll play hard every night out. It's gotten to the point where I don't care if we don't have an all-star like VC or CB4 anymore, we just need players who'll deliver.
                            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Wake up Sleepz!

I am jacked when you eat your words next year when Andrea is an all-star. I completely agree that he has been "coddled." But as your name "insinuates" you must of been half asleep when you read my post. I clearly wrote that Bargnani has been timid since coming into the league, like any young player, he has to overcome immaturity. Are we talking about the same Raptors squad? If you ask anybody who has any knowledge of bball they will tell you that the sole focus has been on building around Bosh, and pleasing him. Your basketball knowledge speaks for itself.

Yah your right about Bosh getting to the free throw line, and being an all-star. But come on pal, how often do you hear this guy standing up for our team, himself or his loved ones. Examples: Lebron dissing raps, Shaq calling him Rupaul, Lebron humiliating his girlfriend. There are many more. So what does he intend on doing? Following Lebron wherever he goes, what a man! He's like a insecure high school kid trying to fit in with the cool kids.

Barg's has been in Bosh's shadow for his entire career. Now that he has a summer to let the reality that this is now his team sink in, you will see a more mature, dominant player who will love and handle the spotlight like a man.

Comment

Working...
                              X