Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gortat & Bass for CB4?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_...no-thanks.html

At the end of this article he proposes a deal, that would send CB4 via sign and trade to Orlando for Brandon Bass and Marcin Gortat. I like this trade, because the chances of resigning bosh are really small in my opinion.

Bass and Gortat have shown their potential at Dallas and with Orlando. The idea of pairing Bargnani with Gortat would make sense at the defensive end, offensively Marcin isn't really dangerous (yet?). He's got a bad contract, but if he would develop into a starting center, he might be worth it. His addition would add depth and strength to the frontcourt and the coach could decide whether he wants to go really big with Bargnani+Gortat or with Bass and one of the other 2. Bass can really play, can hit the midrange jumper, got some postmoves, rebounds and defends well plus he's got a good mentality, i really liked his game back in Dallas. To me, both guys belong to the most underrated players in the nba.

Questions:

1: Is Orlando willing to give up their complete front court depth?
    2: Does this trade work under cba rules? (couldn't use the espn trade machine because u can't trade bosh, but if orlando has to add some salary, they could add pietrus or reddick)
    3: Toronto is searching for some backcourt changes, the trade obviuosly doesn't fit there.

jjiio wrote: View Post
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_...no-thanks.html

At the end of this article he proposes a deal, that would send CB4 via sign and trade to Orlando for Brandon Bass and Marcin Gortat. I like this trade, because the chances of resigning bosh are really small in my opinion.

Bass and Gortat have shown their potential at Dallas and with Orlando. The idea of pairing Bargnani with Gortat would make sense at the defensive end, offensively Marcin isn't really dangerous (yet?). He's got a bad contract, but if he would develop into a starting center, he might be worth it. His addition would add depth and strength to the frontcourt and the coach could decide whether he wants to go really big with Bargnani+Gortat or with Bass and one of the other 2. Bass can really play, can hit the midrange jumper, got some postmoves, rebounds and defends well plus he's got a good mentality, i really liked his game back in Dallas. To me, both guys belong to the most underrated players in the nba.

Questions:

1: Is Orlando willing to give up their complete front court depth?
    2: Does this trade work under cba rules? (couldn't use the espn trade machine because u can't trade bosh, but if orlando has to add some salary, they could add pietrus or reddick)
    3: Toronto is searching for some backcourt changes, the trade obviuosly doesn't fit there.
    Both are good, serviceable rotation guys (above avg.) not starters imo.
    We should get at least one starter (or a young high potential future starter) in the Bosh transaction.
    I dont think Orlando would give up both in a transaction for Bosh (maybe some other piece/s). They basically told Gortat to go suck an egg last year when he complained about not getting enough play time. He is a good backup to Howard.
    Magic really need a playmaker. WInce didnt make out.
    Dont know how Bosh will fit with Howard taking so much space under the basket. He is probably going to be improving offensively going forward and does fine defensively/rebounding which would make Bosh a big jumpshooter I think.
    It is an expensive addition for the Magic who are already over the cap.
    Dont see a fit from Magic's viewpoint. Sorry, but exchanges have to work both ways.

Comment

hahaha bendit, that part about gortat sucking an egg is funny!

i think if they acquire bosh it would look really good on paper, because ideally Bosh would be the perfect compliment to howard since both are good rebounders but dhow plays the inside and bosh has gradually turned into a perimeter player. and if dhow gets pushed outside, bosh can work inside. but im not sure tho if the magic would take on 3 massive contracts (dhow, bosh, lewis) and 2 overpaid players (nelson and gortat), essentially tying up their money for the next 5 years. it would surely be difficult to trade any of these players if the plan doesnt work.

bass would be good for us but im not sure about gortat. doesnt seem fit to be a starter. he looks a bit awkward at times. reminds me of araujo, well definitely better but his moves are kinda robotic. can guard the likes of shaq and howard, but not sure if youll get at least 10-10 out of him every night. plus he's not much of a shotblocker.

Comment

I took into account that CB4 wants to leave which isn't clear yet, but very probably so a S&T would be more like a gift to the raptors.

You're right both guys aren't starters, but they never got an opputunity to be one so with Bosh leaving, the Raptors would have the time to let them improve their game like Amir and Demar.

It could work for the Magic. When i saw them play 2 real front court players at the 4&5 they looked good because if Howard is going for the block, most of the time he isn't in position for the defensive rebound. In addition his postgame isn't that threatening so having an other scorer down low would make sense. From what i saw this season Bosh is comfortable shooting jumpers.

I agree the Magic should think long about this deal because of the money issue and that they had to change their system a little bit with Bosh at the 4, but i see a chance, that it could work well for them.

Comment

@tbihis: Gortat is a decent shotblocker, last season 0,9 in just 14 minutes so give him like 25-30 minutes and his total will likely move up to 1,5-2 which isn't that bad.
          Last edited by jjiio; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

im not that convinced on gortat however i think bass could be is unique player id be happy to have him

Comment

jjiio wrote: View Post
              @tbihis: Gortat is a decent shotblocker, last season 0,9 in just 14 minutes so give him like 25-30 minutes and his total will likely move up to 1,5-2 which isn't that bad.
              oh, thats good then.

Comment

This is a bad trade for both teams.
                1. Bosh wants to be the man and Orlando already have that role taken by Howard.
                2. Bosh play will overlap with Howard play
                3. Raptors get back two role players, none of them starters
                4. Magic really needs a play maker that is not named Vince Carter.

Comment

Working...
                X