Miami-Dade County To Be Renamed Miami-Wade County - No Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami-Dade County To Be Renamed Miami-Wade County - No Joke

Miami-Dade to rename county after Dwyane Wade?

There are a lot of things on the mind of residents and politicians of Miami-Dade County.

Recession, Storms in the Tropics, budget for the schools, Dwayne Wade.

What?

Yup. You heard that correctly. South Florida's biggest sports star could get an honor bestowed upon him no one else ever has.

The sports fans throughout the town (and the Heat) have referred the county as Wade County, it may no longer be a marketing concoction.

The county may be renamed Miami-Wade County from July 1st through 8th.
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedan...yane-wade.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

it just keeps getting more pathetic every day now with these recruitment strategies everyones doing these days, i guess we should re-name our capital to BOSH-awa now then

Comment

Wade just tweeted

dwadeofficial

Wow. I'm honored + humbled that Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners are renaming Miami-Dade County to... http://bit.ly/aST1DQ
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
      X