Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2nd/30th Offensively /Defensively ] When adjusted for pace

So according to KnickerBlogger.Net we are

2nd Offensively (we were first before the CHA game)

and

30th Defensively

And its not like we are a close 30th, we are running away with it soundly.

Toronto, 116.4 (30)
    Memphis, 112.3 (29)
    New Orleans 110.4 (28)
    Phoenix 110.4 (27)
    Philadelphia 110.3 (26)
    Lakers 100.0 (3)
    Boston 99.0 (2)
    Charlotte 98.5 (1)

Here are some articles on Iavaroni being fired.

"But the Griz began to lose games they should have won — especially at home — and players lost confidence in Iavaroni’s system."
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...marc-iavaroni/

Of greater concern to Heisley and Wallace, sources say, is the increasingly and openly negative atmosphere around such a young team, which appears to have changed Heisley's urgency in terms of evaluating his coach. Without naming Iavaroni, several players were highly critical of the team's strategy, development and identity in Sunday editions of the Commercial Appeal.

"We don't have an identity," rookie center Marc Gasol told the newspaper. "We don't have one. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Youth can be a good thing, but we use it as an excuse.

"We're always making excuses. We make excuses to the referees and to our teammates. We make excuses in practice. That's all some people want to do is make excuses. You're never going to get anywhere like that."

High-scoring swingman Rudy Gay was even more critical, saying: "I know the things we're working on [haven't] worked. We ain't got no chemistry."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3853749
    Last edited by trizzo; Fri Nov 27, 2009, 05:20 AM.

Should we expect something different with a 3pt shooting center?

Comment

I never really realized just how much we're in 30th place by - 4.1 points. Wow!

Attributing it to the center is wrong, it's all about the players not being able to play the scheme they're being asked to play. Maybe it'll come with time, maybe the disaster will continue. I'm more and more leaning towards the latter because there have been no signs of improvement.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        Attributing it to the center is wrong, it's all about the players not being able to play the scheme they're being asked to play. Maybe it'll come with time, maybe the disaster will continue. I'm more and more leaning towards the latter because there have been no signs of improvement.
        So do you think Jay is telling Andrea to stay deep to help stretch things on offense to help create more isolation opportunities for Bosh? While I can agree with that in moderation, its becoming more and more alarming how less of a presence Andrea has been in the post and found beyond the arc. And then we complain about the lack of second hand opportunities and no one being present under the glass for offensive boards. No wonder we're out rebounded every game and missing out on these garbage baskets that other teams seem to thrive off of.

Comment

Working...
        X