This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSN & Sportsnet Carrying All Raptors Games Next Season

No more CBC and the Score for the Raptors it appears. All Raptors games next year to be shown on TSN, TSN2 and Sportnet which is now back.

Rogers Sportsnet, which got out of the basketball business three years ago, is getting back in.

Sources say the channel is about to finalize a three-year deal that will give it 35 Toronto Raptors games per season, as well as other National Basketball Association games. The 35 games will come at the expense of the CBC and The Score, neither of which will carry the Raptors next year.

TSN and TSN2 will share the remaining 47 Raptors games.
    Source - Click here

Ah man, I like The Score.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      Ah man, I like The Score.
      same, it was nice to hear leo on once in a while. tsn is so gay. the only good thing the have is pti,otr, and top 10
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I hate the games on TSN2. They should have given more games to The Score if anything...

Comment

screw TSN2 and SportsNet, The Score and CBC did a great job over the years and now the television rights are sold to a more inferior stations so you can profit more?!

I bet Richard Peddie has something to do with this! He is the Mr Burns of MLSE! I can't wait until they come up with the announcement about the sale of ticket prices going up.

Comment

I've got a friend who works at the Score and apparently the owner is someone in the Robert Sarver (the Phoenix Sun's owner) mode . Meaning that if the Raptor games weren't making a profit, or enough of a profit compared to showing Poker or some other pre-recorded nonsense, then he'd just get rid of it.

So it may not be all MLSE's fault.

The Score better still have Courtsurfing though.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I've got a friend who works at the Score and apparently the owner is someone in the Robert Sarver (the Phoenix Sun's owner) mode . Meaning that if the Raptor games weren't making a profit, or enough of a profit compared to showing Poker or some other pre-recorded nonsense, then he'd just get rid of it.

Well if MLSE would have put a better team on the court and not alienate their fan base by putting their games on 5 different channels that not everybody can afford or have access to. As well as having a more reasonable affordable ticket prices then ratings would have been up to justify all this.

Comment

It makes no difference to me because I have all the channels anyway and the in-game production is exactly the same regardless, so... big whoop.

I am however glad to see CBC and that Friedman irritant gone. He creeps me out.

Comment

Well i guess i will have to continue to watch raptor games on the web
                  Sucks to be a raptor fan in the US ( i moved a while ago )

Comment

The Score better still have Courtsurfing though.
                    nah, it's not john levy(score owner) greg sansone has been messing with everything ever since he took over as head of programming.

it's starting to really piss me off.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I loved the score, but I'm glad! Because here in Newfoundland we don't get The Score in HD with Rogers.

Comment

Dammit I've got HD everything but TSN(2). And I'm not a big Jack fan. This sucks...

Comment

Ahh TSN 2, the purveyors of the Jackie Awards. Gonna be another great year in broadcasting....so with CBC out, does that mean we won't hear those famous words out of Devlin's creampie mouth...."PUUUUNJAAAABIIIIIII"

But wait, did you see this in the Tor Star article:
                          "All games will be carried nationally, which may mean some of the games will be aired on a yet unlaunched Sportsnet channel."

Mother F*****, do you smell TSN2 all over again????
                          Last edited by Multipaul; Wed Jun 16, 2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

No more Raps games on The Score? Nooooooooo!! Sportsnet sucks! The article also says a new sportsnet channel may be launched, sounds like another TSN2 screw over is on the way

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                              I am however glad to see CBC and that Friedman irritant gone. He creeps me out.
                              Why is that? You've got something against overweight announcer hosts with spiky, gelled hairdos?

Unless CBC nixed an extension, not having national telecasts is not particularly a positive for the Raptor brand...but then again TSN and Sportsnet may have expanded their national reach where it doesnt make a difference except to the Inuit and really far out communities.

Comment

Working...
                              X