X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what?

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yes and he's already stated he's gunning for Eddy Curry's dominate BPG(Burgers Per Game) record.
    Is Mcdonalds where you get all your hot tips? My buddy is down in L.A. right now, and he ran into Stew Lantz, and apparently talked to him for like half an hour. They got on the topic of the Raps situation, and Lantz told him that Hedo going to Sac is unlikely because its contrasts the current trend around the league, which is build young from the bottom, and add vets once the younger players roles and identities have been established. Apparently Sloan loves Turk though. His modest game would translate into the Jazz system perfectly.

Comment

Correction, it's a 3rd round draft pick and The Hamburglar.
      Beaverboi wrote: View Post
      If I am correct, didn't he rank second in the league in steals last year?
      Yes and he's already stated he's gunning for Eddy Curry's dominate BPG(Burgers Per Game) record.
      LOL that was funny

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
        Is Mcdonalds where you get all your hot tips? My buddy is down in L.A. right now, and he ran into Stew Lantz, and apparently talked to him for like half an hour. They got on the topic of the Raps situation, and Lantz told him that Hedo going to Sac is unlikely because its contrasts the current trend around the league, which is build young from the bottom, and add vets once the younger players roles and identities have been established. Apparently Sloan loves Turk though. His modest game would translate into the Jazz system perfectly.
        If his game was modest he would have fit in Toronto. If his game was modest Toronto wouldn't be where "ball" happens. How's he going to react in an offense where the ball is dominated by arguably the best PG in the league today? I personally am not a fan of hear say "information" that cannot be verified.

Comment

If his game was modest he would have fit in Toronto. If his game was modest Toronto wouldn't be where "ball" happens. How's he going to react in an offense where the ball is dominated by arguably the best PG in the league today? I personally am not a fan of hear say "information" that cannot be verified.
          I'm not sure you understand the anatomy of the Raptors or bball for that matter. What does his offense have to do with anything? His numbers were down for sure, but Hedo did a terrific job distributing the ball and getting his teamates involved (modest.) The Raps ended up being one of the top 5 offensive teams in the league. Utah was also a top 5 team offensively, so his role will be to continue to help Deron spread the floor out, and it will be an easy transition. Toronto's problem was defence buddy. And whats wrong with hear say, I think its entertaining in the offseason. Are you a robot?

Comment

...He didn't even spell Mo Williams' name right... Next.
            nor colangelo's
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'm not sure you understand the anatomy of the Raptors or bball for that matter. What does his offense have to do with anything? His numbers were down for sure, but Hedo did a terrific job distributing the ball and getting his teamates involved (modest.) The Raps ended up being one of the top 5 offensive teams in the league. Utah was also a top 5 team offensively, so his role will be to continue to help Deron spread the floor out, and it will be an easy transition. Toronto's problem was defence buddy. And whats wrong with hear say, I think its entertaining in the offseason. Are you a robot?
              He wasn't modest, he bitched and moaned to everyone who would listen about how he wasn't getting the ball enough and about how the team wasn't calling his number enough. If he was modest he would have shut the hell up and just played his role with effort. Instead of doing that he acted unprofessionally, suggesting his Raptors' role was below him and was the cause of his poor play at times. You can't attach the term modest to someone with his track record from the 2009/2010 season. How's that for understanding?

I question the statement regarding Hedo's modesty on the court. If you start following this board you will see that I am one of the people in here consistently criticizing the team's defense and suggesting a focus on bringing in defensive minded players in place of Bosh, should he leave.

Hasta la vista baby,
              Apollo
              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 17, 2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Dear Apollo,

[QUOTE=Apollo;20431]He wasn't modest, he bitched and moaned to everyone who would listen about how he wasn't getting the ball enough and about how the team wasn't calling his number enough. If he was modest he would have shut the hell up and just played his role with effort. Instead of doing that he acted unprofessionally, suggesting his Raptors' role was below him and was the cause of his poor play at times. You can't attach the term modest to someone with his track record from the 2009/2010 season. How's that for understanding? <-- LOL!

When was Hedo bitching and complaing during the season about not getting the ball enough? I actually remember him being too passive, and everybody was on his case about shooting more. Did you check a game out at least? There was one revelation in which Hedo aired out his frustration with Toronto, which was after the season. Hedo is an easy going, lighthearted, terrific ball player. His decision to leave is based on the fact that the central media surrounding Toronto made him a scapegoat for a woeful season. You say Toronto needs to load up on defenders, well Hedo was one of our best buddy.

You want to talk about being modest? If TORONTO was more of a MODEST city, and didn't turn into retards after every season trying to point fingers why we didn't win a championship, you would see allot more players willing to play for a city who supports their team win or lose. But instead people like you ruin it for the rest of us fans in Canada.

I'm out

Comment

When was Hedo bitching and complaing during the season about not getting the ball enough?
                  There was one revelation in which Hedo aired out his frustration with Toronto, which was after the season.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  January 11, 2010 10:40 am
                  Turkoglu, who signed a five-year $53-milliion deal US with Toronto this summer, admitted yesterday he is uncomfortable with his role at a time when just about everyone else on this Raptors roster seems to have found a comfort zone … In short, Turkoglu is not playing with the ball in his hands as much as he was accustomed to in Orlando and he’s having a hard time making an impact in games without it. ‘It’s hard for me to tell you right now that I can run down the side and just expect to be a spot-up guy after the past three years being the point guard and leading the team and making those decisions,’ Turkoglu said./
                  Source: Slam Online

Jan 29, 2010 / 3:30 pm
                  “What was the different for you tonight, in terms of setting the tone with your game?” Hedo simply said “ball” and an awkward five seconds of silence followed.

Armstrong broke the silence by saying, “The ball in your hands and you did something with it.” Turkoglu looking somewhat annoyed, shrugged his shoulders and responded, “I’ve got nothing more to say.”
                  Source: Dime Magazine

Hedo stealing money in the first year of his contract, blaming fans, playing terribly
                  Source: Yahoo Sports
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Did you check a game out at least?
                  You discredit yourself with comments like that.

Hedo is an easy going, lighthearted, terrific ball player. His decision to leave is based on the fact that the central media surrounding Toronto made him a scapegoat for a woeful season. You say Toronto needs to load up on defenders, well Hedo was one of our best buddy.
                  You discredit yourself with comments like that.

* No-Defense Player of the Year: Hedo Turkoglu, Toronto. Welcome to the instigator of this year’s Eyeball Test theme.

This season, I watched three or four Toronto games, almost from beginning to end. And each time that I saw a heavy, lead-footed, non-rotating large man dressed in a Raptors jersey, I thought, “When did Swen Nater get traded to Toronto and why is he playing at age 60?”

Oh, wait, that wasn’t Nater.

That was Turkoglu, who used to be a decent defensive player. And yet each time I saw him this year–his first in Toronto–I thought he was decidedly slower and more disinterested even than Andrea Bargnani, and that is saying something.

Turkoglu’s periphals aren’t good–Toronto gave up 116.1 points per 100 possessions when he played, and 111.9 when he didnt–but Bargnani’s are worse.

Still Turkoglu, to my eyes, was the foundation and personification of the Raptors’ defensive listness this season. He waddled around out there, let dribblers through, didn’t contest, stopped dead when he met a screen, didn’t get back in transition… he was awful.

The Raps have been bad on D for a while. It’s just that I thought Toronto stopped trying about mid-season, and my eyeballs tell me that Turkoglu was at the heart of that.

Plus, I made up my mind early on that, to honor the Raptors or Warriors’ season-long defensive surrender, the 2010 NDPOY had to come from one of those two rosters

Congratulations, Hedo.
                  Source: Mercury News

Turkoglu has been terrible this season. Absolutely awful on defense
                  Source: Yahoo sports

You want to talk about being modest? If TORONTO was more of a MODEST city, and didn't turn into retards after every season trying to point fingers why we didn't win a championship, you would see allot more players willing to play for a city who supports their team win or lose. But instead people like you ruin it for the rest of us fans in Canada. I'm out
                  Gate numbers, even at the worst of times this decade, place the Raptors in the top twenty. Usually they're closer to the top ten most seasons. On a really nice seasons, they have been in the top five. This tells me that people get out and support their team regardless of the record. Then you can scan the Internet and look at all the hardcore fans who post in places like this. The fans get behind players who work hard. If you come to Toronto and you don't work hard or be professional, you're not going to have a good time. You work hard and be professional, you're going to have a good time. It's as clear as that. Guys like Sonny Weems and Amir Johnson are held with the highest level of respect around here because they're professional and they work hard. If they make mistakes all is forgiven because they play with honor and integrity always. Fan favorites of the past, such as Matt Bonner and Jerome Williams made a lot of mistakes but the fans absolutely loved them. Why? Honor, integrity and accountability; work horses and true professionals.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 17, 2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

It's the Hedo Multipaul!

Comment

Dear Apollo Pt. 2

Apollo, it looks like you googled "Bad Hedo 2010" and copy and pasted any crum of criticism you could find. Let me break it down:

Slam online- What the hell is this? Its definately not Hedo bitching, I would say its a reality that comes with any new player trying to adjust to a new offensive scheme.

Dime Magazine- You should actually be ashamed of putting this in. Who doesn't feel frustrated after a loss sometimes? Who hasn't snubbed the media? This is just another example of unfair media branding. If you were an athlete, and were slumping do you not think its human to at times be frustrated?

Yahoo Sports- Opinion

Discrediting Myself- Opinion

Mercury News- Opinion

Yahoo Sports again- Opinion

Your absolutely correct about fans filling up the Air Canada Centre. However, as soon as any of the big contract athletes in Toronto can't find their stride, or is in a slump, or whatever, the fans immediately jump on him and make him centre of shitty attention(Vernon Wells.) I blame it on the Toronto media. Their cynical views rub off on the locals, and in turn we say good-bye to the most promising free agent the Raps have ever signed. Oh by the way I never said the ACC had a problem filling up..

These are the worst examples of Hedo bitching. I can now tell that your bball IQ is derived from opinions and not from experience.

Comment

NIck,

You know, of course, that EVERYTHING that EVERYONE writes about basketball is opinion, right? Including YOUR opinion that Turkoglu is a good defender. You gain opinions FROM experience. Apollo was backing up his opinion with a variety of informed and respected sources. You don't seem to be able to back up your opinions with anything. When there is a consensus of opinion, as there is with Turkoglu's lack of defense, it's not a big jump to surmise that the opinion is pretty close to a truth.

Do YOU have anything to back up YOUR opinion that Turkoglu is not a bad defender?
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim,

Your not Judge Joe Brown, so your mediator status should be disregarded as you haven't been following our posts it full depth. Let me give ya a refresher. Hedo is a big bag of shit, sucks on defence, whatever.. I said that Hedo HADN'T been complaining all year. Apollo presented me with articles where different journalists were sharing THEIR opinions, NOT HEDOS. I want to know, do you consider these to be valid sources that scream "i'm Hedo, and I'm bitching"? Turks defence wasn't really the basis of our argument Timmy, so i'm just going to pretend you never went on that pointless rant.

Court Ajourned.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Do YOU have anything to back up YOUR opinion that Turkoglu is not a bad defender?
                            The numbers for Pietrus are average but let's talk about Turkoglu's stats, which - I'm certain - will surprise people who don't follow or do follow the Magic closely. The numbers indicate that Turkoglu was an excellent defender during the regular season. It's clear that Howard's presence (the reigning Defensive Player of the Year) bears an influence on the statistics, when looking back at Turkoglu's defensive stats last season in comparison to this season. So how good is Turkoglu, defensively, when taking that into account? Average to above-average, safe to say. He's certainly not a liability on defense. An example, Turkoglu's defensive work on Kobe Bryant during the fourth quarter in Game 2 of the NBA Finals. Need another example? Here's what David Thorpe had to say about Turkoglu in an article posted on TrueHoop:
                            Evaluating The Small Forwards Using Statistics :

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...small-forwards

Comment

Tim,

Your not Judge Joe Brown, so your mediator status should be disregarded as you haven't been following our posts it full depth. Let me give ya a refresher. Hedo is a big bag of shit, sucks on defence, whatever.. I said that Hedo HADN'T been complaining all year. Apollo presented me with articles where different journalists were sharing THEIR opinions, NOT HEDOS. I want to know, do you consider these to be valid sources that scream "i'm Hedo, and I'm bitching"? Turks defence wasn't really the basis of our argument Timmy, so i'm just going to pretend you never went on that pointless rant.

Court Ajourned.
                              Your argument is incredibly boring so following it in detail is not something anyone wants to do. In your last one, though, you stated something that didn't make sense and I called you on it. If I had come out on your side, would you have still disregarded what I said?
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                Your argument is incredibly boring so following it in detail is not something anyone wants to do. In your last one, though, you stated something that didn't make sense and I called you on it. If I had come out on your side, would you have still disregarded what I said?
                                Too much words but say nothing! You are just speculating.

Look at the mirror. The boring posts at this particular thread are exactly yours, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X